|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy feel the world makes sense?
(b) In London.
(c) At the piano.
(d) At the ocean.
2. What does George claim about the event in the Piazza Signoria?
(a) The event has made George want to fight.
(b) The event has made George want to steal.
(c) The event has made George want to dance.
(d) The event has made George want to live.
3. During the group ride out to the country, where does Lucy have her encounter with George?
(a) By a pond.
(b) A field of violets.
(c) In a rose garden.
(d) Under a weeping willow.
4. What does Lucy try to do after fainting?
(a) Walk home alone.
(b) Send for a horse.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Have tea in the Piazza.
5. Who does Phaeton attempt to kiss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Beebe say to insult Lucy's evening activity?
2. What is Lucy instructed not to use on her adventure?
3. When Lucy and Miss Bartlett go on a walk with Mr. Eager, what do they purchase?
4. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
5. The tea at the end of Chapter 8 is fun but has an undercurrent of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lucy recommend Mr. Beebe rent his villa out to and why?
2. Why is it ironic that Cecil is the one who facilitates the Emersons' move to the villa?
3. Lucy and Cecil discuss Lucy's comfort level with Cecil on a walk through the woods. Lucy admits she prefers Cecil in what environment?
4. What dramatic event happens in Chapter 4? What does Lucy say to George regarding the event?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 1, there is much offense taken between the characters. Who is offended and why?
6. Miss Alans refers to the stomach as "S". What does this demonstrate about Miss Alans and her expectations of society?
7. What are reasons Lucy gives Cecil for breaking off their engagement?
8. What does Lucy do while considering the idea that she is leaving George in the darkness?
9. How is the character of Cecil described?
10. When Cecil speaks to Lucy's mother and brother about Cecil's engagement to Lucy, what are some of the remarks Cecil makes?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)