|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Bartlett is afraid Lucy will think Florence is what?
2. Who does Phaeton say he wants to pick up?
(a) Lucy's grandmother.
(b) Phaeton's sister.
(d) Phaeton's mother.
3. What are Lucy and Miss Lavish looking for?
(a) Michelangelo's home.
(b) The Dome of Florence.
(c) The church of Santa Croce.
(d) The statue of David.
4. What does Cecil speak ill of to Lucy's mother and brother?
(a) The lower class.
(b) Cecil's carriage.
(c) Windy Corner and its furnishings.
5. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
(a) The owner of the room has left town.
(b) The owner of the room is angry at Miss Bartlett.
(c) The owner of the room is taking a bath.
(d) The owner of the room is at dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy instructed not to use on her adventure?
2. What is the Medieval woman said to want?
3. Following the group ride out to the country, Miss Bartlett decides to take Lucy where?
4. What topic causes Miss Alan to move the conversation away from the Emersons?
5. During the group ride out to the country, what type of conversation do Miss Lavish and Mr. Eager share?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Beebe and Cecil agree upon? What do they disagree upon?
2. Why does Lucy feel close to Miss Bartlett following Lucy's kiss with George?
3. What does the word "muddle" mean and who is it often used to describe?
4. Phaeton is bribed with a coin to keep silent about Lucy and George. Why is this ironic?
5. When Lucy returns to the Pension following her kiss with George, where is she looking for him and what does this literal action represent?
6. Although it may seem adventurous to travel to Greece, Lucy desires to go for a different purpose altogether. What is it?
7. Why is it ironic that Cecil is the one who facilitates the Emersons' move to the villa?
8. In Chapter 5, what does the Italian that keeps bothering the group represent? What does it mean when Mr. Eager shoos the Italian away from Lucy?
9. What does George do to Lucy's photographs? What does this act symbolize?
10. Why is Miss Lavish interested in the experience Lucy has with the dying man?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)