|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of group ride is taken at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) A gondola ride.
(b) A train ride.
(c) A horseback ride.
(d) A carriage ride.
2. Following the group ride out to the country, Miss Bartlett decides to take Lucy where?
(d) The nunnery.
3. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
(a) The owner of the room is at dinner.
(b) The owner of the room has left town.
(c) The owner of the room is angry at Miss Bartlett.
(d) The owner of the room is taking a bath.
4. Why does Mr. Beebe visit Lucy's home?
(a) To offer clerical services.
(b) To extend congratulations.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To propose.
5. What does George feel has happened that night at Piazza Signoria?
(a) "Something magical."
(b) "Something tremendous."
(c) "Something political."
(d) "Something dangerous."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucy receive letters from?
2. What does Mr. Emerson say Lucy does not have to do with George?
3. Why does Miss Bartlett immediately decline the offer for a room with a view?
4. What happens to Lucy and Miss Lavish after breakfast?
5. Who do Miss Bartlett and Lucy run into on their outing in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lucy and Cecil discuss Lucy's comfort level with Cecil on a walk through the woods. Lucy admits she prefers Cecil in what environment?
2. Why is it ironic that Cecil is the one who facilitates the Emersons' move to the villa?
3. What does George do to Lucy's photographs? What does this act symbolize?
4. What is the meaning of the quote Mr. Emerson has written on the wardrobe?
5. What does the driver at the end of Chapter 20 symbolize?
6. What do Mr. Beebe and Cecil agree upon? What do they disagree upon?
7. Mr. Beebe thinks on a comment he once made after hearing Lucy play in a recital. What is the comment and what does it mean?
8. Lucy has a nightmare in Chapter 11 and wakes up screaming. What does this symbolize?
9. After Lucy has a fight with Mrs. Honeychurch, what is the view she sees out the window?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 1, there is much offense taken between the characters. Who is offended and why?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)