|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy tells Mr. Emerson not to pity her for what reason?
(a) Lucy is much happier than George.
(b) Lucy has a lot of money.
(c) Lucy is having a wonderful time.
(d) Lucy is not worried about anything.
2. Miss Bartlett is afraid Lucy will think Florence is what?
3. Is the proposal Lucy receives her first proposal from this suitor?
(a) No, it is Lucy's third.
(b) Yes, it is Lucy's first.
(c) No, it is Lucy's fifth.
(d) No, it is Lucy's second.
4. Who is proposing to Lucy at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Emerson.
5. What does George claim about the event in the Piazza Signoria?
(a) The event has made George want to fight.
(b) The event has made George want to dance.
(c) The event has made George want to live.
(d) The event has made George want to steal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Lucy considered more of a Modern or Medieval woman?
2. Who does Lucy receive letters from?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does Lucy ask Miss Alan about the Emersons?
5. During the group ride out to the country, what language does Lucy attempt to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy do while considering the idea that she is leaving George in the darkness?
2. Who does Lucy recommend Mr. Beebe rent his villa out to and why?
3. What is the room with a view Lucy discovers in Chapter 19?
4. Explain the description of women at the beginning of Chapter 4. How is the character of Lucy described?
5. Lucy is often compared to Miss Bartlett throughout the novel. After she breaks off her engagement with Cecil, in what way does she become similar to Miss Bartlett yet again?
6. What does the word "muddle" mean and who is it often used to describe?
7. What do violets represent in Room with a View? Where are they mentioned prior to Chapter 6?
8. Although it may seem adventurous to travel to Greece, Lucy desires to go for a different purpose altogether. What is it?
9. After Lucy has a fight with Mrs. Honeychurch, what is the view she sees out the window?
10. What symbol in nature is used to express Lucy's emotion after her kiss with George?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)