|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 17, Lucy is compared to whom?
(b) Miss Bartlett.
(d) Mrs. Honeychurch.
2. What does Cecil label Sir Harry?
3. Who forwards Lucy a letter upon learning of the villa's new occupants?
(b) Miss Alans.
(d) Miss Bartlett.
4. Who composes the music Lucy plays at her welcome party?
5. In what lake do Lucy, her mother, and Cecil encounter Mr. Beebe, George, and Freddy swimming?
(a) Sacred Lake.
(b) Lake Beautific.
(c) Freedom Lake.
(d) Wide Waters.
6. What does George try to convince Lucy of in Chapter 16?
(a) George loves Lucy and wants to marry her.
(b) George wants Lucy to murder Cecil.
(c) George believes his connection with Lucy is spiritual.
(d) George is smarter than Cecil in spite of Cecil's literacy.
7. Who does Cecil share a flat with?
(b) Cecil's mother.
(d) Mr. Beebe.
8. Who does Lucy get strength from at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Emerson.
(b) Mrs. Honeychurch.
(d) The priest.
9. When Mr. Beebe and Freddy call on the Emersons, in what room do they wait for George?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The study.
(c) The library.
(d) The conservatory.
10. Where is Cecil's flat located?
(b) The country.
11. What does Sir Harry complain of in Chapter 9?
(a) A tenant in one of the semi-detached villas.
(b) Gambling debts.
(c) A poorly cooked Italian dinner.
(d) The lack of variety in activities around town.
12. How does Miss Alans think of Mr. Emerson filling the room with flowers?
(a) Miss Alans found the gesture intimidating and inappropriate.
(b) Miss Alans found the gesture obnoxious but appreciated the time spent.
(c) Miss Alans found the gesture improper but beautiful.
(d) Miss Alans found the gesture romantic.
13. Where does Lucy stay on her honeymoon?
(a) Pension View.
(b) Pension Bertolini.
(c) Pension Castello.
(d) Pension Emerson.
14. What does Lucy appreciate about the "welcome" party thrown in her honor?
(a) The quality of the food.
(b) The famous musicians who perform.
(c) The lack of alcohol.
(d) The members of high society who attend.
15. Who is the first person to put a house on Windy Corner?
(a) Mr. Beebe.
(b) Mr. Emerson.
(c) Mr. Honeychurch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy tell Cecil she feels for him?
2. When George addresses Lucy at the lake, what does she do?
3. Lucy has a nightmare after her welcome party. Who gets up to care for her?
4. Who does Lucy say will be moving into the villas?
5. Who is the catalyst to the proposed tenant change in the villas?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)