|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Alans think of Mr. Emerson filling the room with flowers?
(a) Miss Alans found the gesture obnoxious but appreciated the time spent.
(b) Miss Alans found the gesture intimidating and inappropriate.
(c) Miss Alans found the gesture romantic.
(d) Miss Alans found the gesture improper but beautiful.
2. Who does Lucy have tea with in Chapter 15?
(b) Miss Bartlett.
(c) Lucy's mother.
3. In Chapter 20, who is Lucy afraid is angry with her?
(b) Miss Bartlett.
(c) Lucy's family.
4. Who does Lucy kiss at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Mr. Emerson.
(d) Lucy refuses to kiss anyone until she is married.
5. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Honeychurch finds Cecil's behavior what?
6. How does Cecil feel about the event hosted by Mrs. Honeychurch?
(a) Cecil is touched by Mrs. Honeychurch's gesture.
(b) Cecil feels uncomfortable.
(c) Cecil is overjoyed.
(d) Cecil is saddened by the event.
7. What does Lucy invite George to do with her in Chapter 15?
(a) Play tennis.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Walk in a field of violets.
(d) Visit the poor.
8. Where does Chapter 20 take place?
9. Who throws Lucy a "welcome" party in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Honeychurch.
(b) Mrs. Vyse.
(d) Miss Bartlett.
10. How does Cecil feel kisses should be?
(a) Dull and predictable.
(b) Polite and prepared.
(c) Long and meaningful.
(d) Passionate and spontaneous.
11. In what lake do Lucy, her mother, and Cecil encounter Mr. Beebe, George, and Freddy swimming?
(a) Lake Beautific.
(b) Freedom Lake.
(c) Sacred Lake.
(d) Wide Waters.
12. According to Mrs. Honeychurch, who are the best tenants?
(a) The elderly.
(c) No one.
(d) Single women.
13. Where does Lucy stay on her honeymoon?
(a) Pension Bertolini.
(b) Pension Castello.
(c) Pension Emerson.
(d) Pension View.
14. Once Lucy knows who wrote what Cecil is reading, what does she do?
(a) Lucy forbids Cecil to read the book.
(b) Lucy rips up the book.
(c) Lucy admits she does not understand the author.
(d) Lucy begins listening.
15. Who is believed to have written on the wardrobe in the Emerson's home?
(b) Mr. Emerson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy vow in Chapter 17?
2. Where do Freddy and Lucy swim together when they are young?
3. Whose music does Lucy refuse to play at her welcome party?
4. Who brings Lucy a letter at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When Lucy and Cecil kiss at the end of Chapter 9, how is it described?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)