|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
(a) The owner of the room is at dinner.
(b) The owner of the room is angry at Miss Bartlett.
(c) The owner of the room is taking a bath.
(d) The owner of the room has left town.
2. When Lucy and Miss Bartlett go on a walk with Mr. Eager, what do they purchase?
(b) Leather from the market.
(c) Homemade wine.
(d) Cheaply made souveniers.
3. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett argue about at breakfast?
(b) The weather.
(c) What to do for the day.
4. The tea at the end of Chapter 8 is fun but has an undercurrent of what?
5. At the church, Lucy tells Mr. Emerson that George should do what, upon hearing of his unhappiness?
(a) Go to confession.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Find a hobby.
(d) Pray more often.
6. Where do Lucy and Miss Bartlett share a meal at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) Pension Bertolini.
(b) Outside the Pantheon.
(c) Cafe Persistance.
(d) Miss Bartlett's home.
7. What is the Modern woman said to want?
8. Why does Miss Bartlett immediately decline the offer for a room with a view?
(a) Miss Bartlett does not immediately decline the offer for a room with a view.
(b) Miss Bartlett would prefer a room without a view.
(c) Miss Bartlett does not like the uncouth way it was offered.
(d) Miss Bartlett wants to impress Lucy by declining the room.
9. Where does Lucy feel the world makes sense?
(a) At the piano.
(c) At the ocean.
(d) In London.
10. Whose arrival stops an argument between Cecil and Mr. Beebe?
(b) Mr. Honeychurch.
(c) Mrs. Honeychurch.
11. What city does Lucy suggest she and Miss Bartlett take a train to?
12. While Lucy packs, where does Miss Bartlett take George for a conversation?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The street.
13. How does Miss Alan refer to the stomach?
(c) "That organ".
14. What does Lucy long for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To talk of the event at the Piazza Signoria.
(b) To play the piano for an audience.
(c) A husband.
(d) Better weather for her health.
15. What does George feel has happened that night at Piazza Signoria?
(a) "Something magical."
(b) "Something tremendous."
(c) "Something dangerous."
(d) "Something political."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy witness at the Palace Signoria?
2. In what way have the Emersons been snubbed at the Pension?
3. Right after playing the piano for Mr. Beebe, what does Lucy insist on doing?
4. What does Lucy feel about Miss Bartlett's actions towards George?
5. What does Mr. Eager invite Lucy and Miss Bartlett to the day after their outing?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)