|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Miss Alan say she is recovering from?
(a) A sniffle.
(b) A forgotten memory.
(c) A lost novel.
2. Mr. Emerson believes George should still be happy within what?
(a) George's blindness.
(b) George's insomnia.
(c) George's unhappiness.
(d) George's illness.
3. Why does Miss Bartlett take the larger room with a view?
(a) The room has a larger lock and is safer.
(b) She feels it is inappropriate for Lucy to sleep where George has slept.
(c) She's selfish.
(d) The room is damp and she does not want Lucy to catch a chill.
4. Who offers Lucy and Miss Bartlett a room with a view?
(a) Mr. Emerson.
(b) Mr. Beebe.
(c) Mr. Alan.
(d) Miss Alan.
5. What does Mr. Beebe do once he learns Lucy is engaged?
(a) Requests a duel.
(b) Kisses Lucy on both cheeks.
(c) Apologizes to Cecil for gossiping.
(d) Opens a bottle of champagne.
6. Who does Lucy receive letters from?
(a) Lucy's mother and brother.
(b) Miss Bartlett.
(c) The headmaster.
7. Whose arrival stops an argument between Cecil and Mr. Beebe?
(a) Mrs. Honeychurch.
(d) Mr. Honeychurch.
8. What does Lucy say she wants at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) George's hand in marriage.
(b) Miss Bartlett to return home.
(c) To run away from home.
(d) To be older right away.
9. Where is the setting of the second part of the novel?
10. In a conversation with Mr. Beebe, what does Lucy have strong feelings about?
(b) Social conventions.
11. What does Lucy purchase that might be considered shocking?
(a) A companion to walk with for the day.
(c) Lucy commissions a self-portrait.
(d) Photographs of nude paintings and sculptures.
12. Where do Lucy and Miss Bartlett share a meal at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) Outside the Pantheon.
(b) Cafe Persistance.
(c) Pension Bertolini.
(d) Miss Bartlett's home.
13. What is the name of Lucy's home?
(a) To the North.
(b) Gentle Chateau.
(c) Windy Corner.
(d) A Room with a View.
14. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
(a) The owner of the room has left town.
(b) The owner of the room is taking a bath.
(c) The owner of the room is at dinner.
(d) The owner of the room is angry at Miss Bartlett.
15. What is the Modern woman said to want?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy witness at the Palace Signoria?
2. Who do Cecil and Mr. Beebe gossip about?
3. When Miss Bartlett bids George good-night, what does he say in return?
4. What do George and Lucy share at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Lucy tells Mr. Emerson not to pity her for what reason?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)