|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the group ride out to the country, what language does Lucy attempt to speak?
(b) Old English.
2. What does George claim about the event in the Piazza Signoria?
(a) The event has made George want to live.
(b) The event has made George want to steal.
(c) The event has made George want to dance.
(d) The event has made George want to fight.
3. Who confronts Phaeton after he attempts to kiss someone?
(a) Miss Bartlett.
(b) Mr. Emerson.
(c) Mr. Eager.
4. What does Lucy feel about Miss Bartlett's actions towards George?
(a) Lucy agrees with Miss Bartlett's actions.
(b) Lucy does not believe Miss Bartlett's actions are the right way to behave.
(c) Lucy is irritated that Miss Bartlett will not let Lucy stand up for herself.
(d) Lucy appreciates Miss Bartlett's protection.
5. What do George and Lucy share at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) A ride.
(c) A kiss.
6. Who offers Lucy and Miss Bartlett a room with a view?
(a) Miss Alan.
(b) Mr. Beebe.
(c) Mr. Emerson.
(d) Mr. Alan.
7. Who snubs Mr. Emerson at the church?
(a) Mr. Eager.
(c) Miss Bartlett.
(d) Miss Lavish.
8. Lucy tells Mr. Emerson not to pity her for what reason?
(a) Lucy is having a wonderful time.
(b) Lucy is not worried about anything.
(c) Lucy has a lot of money.
(d) Lucy is much happier than George.
9. Where does Lucy go with Miss Bartlett at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) On a gondola ride.
(b) On a long shopping excursion.
(d) To a recital.
10. Who does Phaeton say he wants to pick up?
(a) Lucy's grandmother.
(c) Phaeton's sister.
(d) Phaeton's mother.
11. What does Lucy long for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To play the piano for an audience.
(b) A husband.
(c) To talk of the event at the Piazza Signoria.
(d) Better weather for her health.
12. What does Mr. Emerson show Lucy at the church?
(a) A secret passage.
(b) A gilded cross.
(d) The holy grail.
13. In what way have the Emersons been snubbed at the Pension?
(a) Guests have moved their seats away from the Emersons in the dining room.
(b) Guests have asked when the Emersons are departing.
(c) Guests have left money for the Emersons at the front desk.
(d) Guests complain about the noise the Emersons make.
14. At the church, Lucy tells Mr. Emerson that George should do what, upon hearing of his unhappiness?
(a) Find a hobby.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Pray more often.
15. Why does Lucy go somewhere with Miss Bartlett at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To cheer up Miss Bartlett, who has fallen ill.
(b) To discuss the event at the Piazza.
(c) Lucy enjoys Miss Bartlett's company.
(d) Lucy does not want to see George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Bartlett makes Lucy promise to keep the kiss a secret from whom?
2. During the group ride back from the country, the ride must halt for what?
3. When Miss Bartlett bids George good-night, what does he say in return?
4. Why does Mr. Beebe visit Lucy's home?
5. Is the proposal Lucy receives her first proposal from this suitor?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)