|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Beebe do once he learns Lucy is engaged?
(a) Opens a bottle of champagne.
(b) Kisses Lucy on both cheeks.
(c) Requests a duel.
(d) Apologizes to Cecil for gossiping.
2. What does Lucy long for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A husband.
(b) To play the piano for an audience.
(c) Better weather for her health.
(d) To talk of the event at the Piazza Signoria.
3. What does Lucy ask Miss Alan about the Emersons?
(a) If George is single.
(b) If they are royalty.
(c) If they are wealthy.
(d) If they are nice.
4. How does Miss Alan refer to the stomach?
(d) "That organ".
5. During the group ride out to the country, what type of conversation do Miss Lavish and Mr. Eager share?
(a) Hushed and passionate.
(b) Noisy and confrontational.
(c) Quiet and polite.
(d) Dull and predictable.
6. Who confronts Phaeton after he attempts to kiss someone?
(a) Mr. Emerson.
(b) Miss Bartlett.
(c) Mr. Eager.
7. What does Lucy talk about with Mr. Beebe when a conversation about feelings makes her uncomfortable?
(b) The weather.
(c) Sporting events.
8. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett complain about at their meal?
(a) The food is not good.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Neither woman received a room with a view.
(d) There are too many British people.
9. What does Mr. Emerson show Lucy at the church?
(a) The holy grail.
(c) A gilded cross.
(d) A secret passage.
10. Who is proposing to Lucy at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Emerson.
11. The character proposing to Lucy is described as what?
12. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett argue about at breakfast?
(a) The weather.
(c) What to do for the day.
13. What city does Lucy suggest she and Miss Bartlett take a train to?
14. What does Lucy try to do after fainting?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Send for a horse.
(c) Walk home alone.
(d) Have tea in the Piazza.
15. What does Lucy say she wants at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) George's hand in marriage.
(b) To run away from home.
(c) Miss Bartlett to return home.
(d) To be older right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Eager say about Mr. Emerson's former wife?
2. Miss Bartlett makes Lucy promise to keep the kiss a secret from whom?
3. In what way have the Emersons been snubbed at the Pension?
4. Who does Lucy receive letters from?
5. During the group ride out to the country, where does Lucy have her encounter with George?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)