|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tea at the end of Chapter 8 is fun but has an undercurrent of what?
2. How does Miss Alan refer to the stomach?
(c) "That organ".
3. In Chapter 4, why does George throw an object into the river?
(a) The object is too heavy.
(b) Lucy requests that George throw the object away.
(c) The object is covered in blood.
(d) Lucy refuses the object.
4. Why does Mr. Eager get angry when he is walking through town with Lucy and Miss Bartlett?
(a) An Italian attempts to sell Mr. Eager photographs.
(b) An artist attempts to paint Lucy.
(c) Lucy does not listen to Mr. Eager's narration.
(d) Miss Bartlett does not accept Mr. Eager's invitation.
5. Miss Bartlett is afraid Lucy will think Florence is what?
6. Where is the setting of the second part of the novel?
7. What is Lucy's brother pretending to do at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Play a game of cards.
(b) Examine a dinosaur bone.
(d) Write a letter.
8. What does Lucy witness at the Palace Signoria?
(a) A robbery and a stabbing.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A duel between royalty.
(d) A musician serenade his lover.
9. The character proposing to Lucy is described as what?
10. Who defends Phaeton's attempt to kiss someone?
(a) Mr. Emerson and Miss Lavish.
(b) Lucy and George.
(c) Miss Bartlett and Miss Lavish.
(d) Lucy and Miss Bartlett.
11. Is the proposal Lucy receives her first proposal from this suitor?
(a) Yes, it is Lucy's first.
(b) No, it is Lucy's third.
(c) No, it is Lucy's second.
(d) No, it is Lucy's fifth.
12. What city does the first part of the novel take place in?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) Paris, France.
13. Why does Miss Bartlett take the larger room with a view?
(a) She feels it is inappropriate for Lucy to sleep where George has slept.
(b) The room has a larger lock and is safer.
(c) She's selfish.
(d) The room is damp and she does not want Lucy to catch a chill.
14. In Chapter 3, what does Miss Alan say she is recovering from?
(b) A forgotten memory.
(c) A sniffle.
(d) A lost novel.
15. What does Lucy talk about with Mr. Beebe when a conversation about feelings makes her uncomfortable?
(a) Sporting events.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the group's ride home from the country, Lucy mistakes Miss Bartlett's proximity for what?
2. What type of paper does Mr. Eager claim Mr. Emerson once worked for?
3. What type of group ride is taken at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
5. What does Miss Bartlett discover after unpacking?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)