Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What city does the first part of the novel take place in?
2. Where do Lucy and Miss Bartlett share a meal at the opening of Chapter 1?
3. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett complain about at their meal?
All answers are correct.
4. Who offers Lucy and Miss Bartlett a room with a view?
5. Why does Miss Bartlett immediately decline the offer for a room with a view?
Miss Bartlett does not like the uncouth way it was offered.
6. Where is Miss Bartlett from?
7. Miss Alan suggests impulses like Mr. Emerson's should be considered what?
8. When Miss Bartlett accepts the room with a view, why is the owner of the room not there to receive her acceptance?
The owner of the room is taking a bath.
9. What level...
This section contains 2,498 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)