|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the first part of the novel take place in?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) London, England.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
2. What is the Modern woman said to want?
3. Who offers Lucy and Miss Bartlett a room with a view?
(a) Mr. Alan.
(b) Miss Alan.
(c) Mr. Beebe.
(d) Mr. Emerson.
4. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett complain about at their meal?
(a) There are too many British people.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Neither woman received a room with a view.
(d) The food is not good.
5. Mr. Emerson believes George should still be happy within what?
(a) George's insomnia.
(b) George's illness.
(c) George's blindness.
(d) George's unhappiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George claim about the event in the Piazza Signoria?
2. What does Lucy make George promise?
3. When Lucy faints, she awakens in the arms of whom?
4. What does Lucy purchase that might be considered shocking?
5. What topic causes Miss Alan to move the conversation away from the Emersons?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)