|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Bartlett take the larger room with a view?
(a) She's selfish.
(b) The room has a larger lock and is safer.
(c) The room is damp and she does not want Lucy to catch a chill.
(d) She feels it is inappropriate for Lucy to sleep where George has slept.
2. What do Lucy and Miss Bartlett argue about at breakfast?
(a) What to do for the day.
(c) The weather.
3. Why does Miss Bartlett immediately decline the offer for a room with a view?
(a) Miss Bartlett does not like the uncouth way it was offered.
(b) Miss Bartlett does not immediately decline the offer for a room with a view.
(c) Miss Bartlett would prefer a room without a view.
(d) Miss Bartlett wants to impress Lucy by declining the room.
4. How does Miss Alan refer to the stomach?
(b) "That organ".
5. Who offers Lucy and Miss Bartlett a room with a view?
(a) Mr. Emerson.
(b) Miss Alan.
(c) Mr. Alan.
(d) Mr. Beebe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a conversation with Mr. Beebe, what does Lucy have strong feelings about?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Miss Alan say she is recovering from?
3. Where does Lucy feel the world makes sense?
4. In what way have the Emersons been snubbed at the Pension?
5. What are Lucy and Miss Lavish looking for?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)