Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Lucy is a character who goes through an awakening in "A Room with a View".
1) Describe the character of Lucy at the opening of the story.
2) Discuss the significant event that is the catalyst to Lucy's awakening.
3) Analyze the changes she has gone through by the end of "A Room with a View".
2. "A Room with a View" is both the title of the novel and a metaphor for life. Explain what is meant by a room with a view. Cite three examples from the novel where...
This section contains 1,058 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)