Part 1, Chapter 1
• Lucy and Miss Bartlett dine in Florence, Italy.
• Lucy and Miss Bartlett are overheard complaining about their lack of a room with a view.
• Mr. Emerson offers to give the women his room with a view, which they refuse.
• Mr. Beebe accepts the room on Miss Bartlett's behalf and the women switch rooms.
Part 1, Chapter 2
• Miss Bartlett and Lucy cannot agree on a daily activity.
• Miss Lavish offers to show Lucy around if Lucy does not use a guidebook.
• Miss Lavish and Lucy get lost and find a beautiful sculpture.
• Lucy encounters the Emersons while looking for a painting in a church.
• Mr. Emerson reveals to Lucy that George is unhappy and suggests that Lucy befriend him.
• Lucy is uncomfortable with the conversation and tries to change the subject.
• Mr. Emerson tells Lucy she is in a "muddle" and should get out of it.
• After protesting...
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)