|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of Jane Austen's does Carmichael "break up?"
(a) The hyperbole.
(b) The sentence.
(c) The imagination.
(d) The story.
2. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
(a) Dorothy's father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Lady Dudley.
(d) Lord Dudley.
3. The narrator claims that a book is built of "_________ built...into arcades or domes."
4. For how much did Bronte sell the copyright of her novels?
(a) 5,000 dollars.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) Six pence.
(d) 500 pounds.
5. According to the narrator, how did Shakespeare get his start in the theater?
(a) By holding horses at the stage door.
(b) By cleaning the auditorium.
(c) By paying someone to give him a part in a play.
(d) By writing plays for actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is "the light of truth?"
2. To what author does the narrator attribute the idea that a great mind is androgynous?
3. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
4. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
5. What does the narrator say is natural for the sexes to do?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)