|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, Lady Winchilsea's mind has not become _________.
2. What is the name of the stage manager who gets Shakespeare's fictional sister pregnant?
(a) Nick Greene.
(b) Hugh Smith.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Lars Ulster.
3. What reaction does the predominance of the perceived "shadow" cause in the narrator as she reads the man's novel in Chapter 6?
4. Which museum does the narrator visit in Chapter 2?
(a) British Museum.
(b) The Met.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) Modern Museum.
5. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What female poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that women must have hummed at parties before the war?
2. According to the narrator, what animal has the most eyes of all the animals?
3. What object does the narrator think best exemplifies a woman's purpose for a man?
4. According to the narrator, in relation to her husband, what was a woman prior to the women's movement?
5. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)