|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is upset that the narrator is walking on the grass at Oxbridge?
(a) The priest.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The beadle.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does a woman need in order to write fiction, according to Woolf?
(a) A college education.
(b) A pen and paper.
(c) A loving husband.
(d) Some money and a room of her own.
3. According to the narrator, what does a woman with creative talent inevitably lose?
(a) Her talent.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her mind.
4. What does the narrator say is natural for the sexes to do?
5. What object does the narrator think best exemplifies a woman's purpose for a man?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A mule.
(c) A garden tool.
(d) A porcelain doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
2. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
3. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
4. The effect of masculinity upon poetry is different from its effect on the _____.
5. In what year were women granted the right to vote?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)