|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cost of founding the women's college?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Sixty thousand dollars.
(c) Thirty-thousand pounds.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
2. How many children did "Mrs. Seton" have?
3. What does the narrator see that makes her laugh when looking out the window at the Oxbridge luncheon?
(a) A clumsy beadle.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) A kissing couple.
(d) A cat with no tail.
4. What fictional character does the narrator refer to as examples of women in fiction?
(b) Lady MacBeth.
(d) All of the above.
5. While thinking about the Professor's work, what does the narrator find herself doing?
(a) Tearing the pages of a book.
(b) Drawing a picture of the Professor.
(c) Falling asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that the women before her were doing instead of earning money?
2. What trait does the narrator ascribe to male writers?
3. How does Shakespeare's fictional sister die?
4. What does the narrator find fascinating about all the books written about women?
5. The narrator claims that "it is in our idleness, in our ______, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)