|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare to the feeling of having had a good meal and good conversation?
(a) A lamp in the spine.
(b) A good night's rest.
(c) A fine wine.
(d) A happy child.
2. What topic has the narrator asked to lecture about?
(a) Women and books.
(b) Women and men.
(c) Women and fiction.
(d) Women and poetry.
3. What class of women in particular does the narrator claim is absent from history?
4. While reading the newspaper, what is the narrator reminded of?
(a) That England is under the rule of a patriarchy.
(b) That England is full of women.
(c) That she is alone.
(d) That she has not done any work.
5. What does the narrator see that makes her laugh when looking out the window at the Oxbridge luncheon?
(a) A cat with no tail.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) A kissing couple.
(d) A clumsy beadle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
2. The narrator wants to know, among other things, why woman are __________ than/to men.
3. What is the name of the women's college visited by the narrator?
4. What was the cost of founding the women's college?
5. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)