|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, Austen, Bronte, and others wrote as ________ wrote, not as men did.
(d) Human beings.
2. What year is this story set in?
3. According to the narrator, what will Carmichael "have her work cut out for her" as?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An observer.
(d) A lover.
4. The writing of the Duchess compares the lives of women to those of what animals?
(b) All of the above.
5. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did "Mrs. Seton" have?
2. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
3. In Chapter 2, what bill does the narrator give the waiter to pay for her meal?
4. How many sitting rooms did a middle-class 19th century family have?
5. In the case of Charlotte Bronte, what does the narrator claim Bronte's gender interfered with?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)