|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase in Carmichael's novel startles the narrator and starts her reflection on women as characters?
(a) "I like men."
(b) "Chloe liked Olivia."
(c) "The women were angry."
(d) "Chloe loved Roger."
2. Where does the narrator go after leaving the museum?
(a) To the college.
(c) To have lunch.
(d) To her mother's house.
3. What does the narrator say about Shakespeare's mother?
(a) She was an heiress.
(b) She was ugly.
(c) She was overbearing.
(d) She was cruel.
4. The narrator claims to be seeking "the essential oil of _________" in the museum.
5. What does the narrator compare to a fish as she sits thinking by the river bank?
(a) The school.
(c) A thought.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first name does the narrator give herself, even though she says it is unimportant?
2. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
3. What time is dinner being served at Fernham?
4. What does the narrator say Carmichael is definitely NOT?
5. What tone best describes the poetry of Lady Winchilsea?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)