|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is "the light of emotion?"
2. In Chapter 2, what bill does the narrator give the waiter to pay for her meal?
(a) Five shilling.
(b) Ten shilling.
(c) One dollar.
(d) One hundred dollar.
3. The writing of the Duchess compares the lives of women to those of what animals?
(a) All of the above.
4. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They are married to the same man.
(b) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(c) They are both happy.
(d) They have no children.
5. In what genre were women denied the most expression?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which museum does the narrator visit in Chapter 2?
2. What quote from Pope does the narrator cite regarding women?
3. What does the narrator wonder about Shakespeare as she looks for answers in his tragedies?
4. According to the narrator, what does a woman with creative talent inevitably lose?
5. The narrator claims that "nothing is known about women before the _________ century."
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)