|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator finds that the woman "pervades _________ from cover to cover;"
(c) The news.
2. To what city does Shakespeare's fictional sister set out after leaving home?
3. According to the narrator, in relation to her husband, what was a woman prior to the women's movement?
(a) An employee.
(b) A queen.
(d) An equal.
4. How many sitting rooms did a middle-class 19th century family have?
5. In the fictional tale of Shakespeare's sister, how old is she when she leaves home?
(a) Almost twenty.
(b) Not yet seventeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Shakespeare's mother?
2. What quote from Pope does the narrator cite regarding women?
3. The narrator wants to know, among other things, why woman are __________ than/to men.
4. According to the narrator, what holds a novel together?
5. Whose influence is all over the paper, and is "the power and the money and the influence," metaphorically?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)