|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the case of Charlotte Bronte, what does the narrator claim Bronte's gender interfered with?
(a) The reader.
(b) The novel's integrity.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) The tone of the novel.
2. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
3. The narrator claims that life for both sexes is a "perpetual _______."
4. The narrator finds that the woman "pervades _________ from cover to cover;"
(d) The news.
5. In terms of fiction, what things did society deem more important than women's feelings?
(a) Love scenes.
(b) Battle scenes.
(c) Social causes.
(d) Men's thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the narrator, excluding women from history makes it seem "unreal" and "________."
2. What tone best describes the poetry of Lady Winchilsea?
3. What female poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that women must have hummed at parties before the war?
4. The narrator encourages the audience to "earn 500 a year" by using what?
5. What topic has the narrator asked to lecture about?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)