|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what social class is Lady Winchilsea?
2. The narrator claims that life for both sexes is a "perpetual _______."
3. According to the narrator's research, what practice is common in the treatment of women throughout history?
(b) Verbal abuse.
(c) Writing about marriage.
4. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
5. The narrator claims to be seeking "the essential oil of _________" in the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose influence is all over the paper, and is "the power and the money and the influence," metaphorically?
2. What fictional character does the narrator refer to as examples of women in fiction?
3. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
4. What did writing become with the example of Behn?
5. During which month does the narrator visit the two colleges?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)