|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the medical facility where the officer tells Ma she and Jack will be taken after questioning in "After"?
2. What object fascinates Jack at the police headquarters in "After"?
3. What do Jack and Ma have for breakfast on the day that they will enact Plan B in "Dying"?
4. Where does Ma tell Old Nick not to bury Jack in "Dying"?
5. How many vaccinations does the doctor give to Jack on his first morning at the hospital in "After"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is related to Ma regarding the clinic in "After"? How does Ma respond to her surroundings at the police headquarters?
2. How does Jack respond when Ma escapes and meets him in "Dying"?
3. What is revealed regarding "the first baby" in "After"?
4. What causes Jack distress about the shower in "After"?
5. How do Ma and Jack go about enacting "Plan B" in "Dying"?
6. How would you describe Jack's first encounter with Outside in "Dying"?
7. What is the "Plan B" that Ma develops in "Dying"?
8. Who is the lawyer Ma meets with in "After"? What does he tell Ma?
9. What does Grandma bring on her second visit in "After"? What do she and Ma discuss?
10. How are Ma and Jack received when they arrive at the Cumberland Clinic in "After"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ma's abduction by Old Nick. How old was Ma when she was abducted and taken captive? How did Old Nick reinforce Room to prevent Ma's escape? How did Ma attempt to escape before she gave birth to Jack?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ma's plans for escape with Jack in Room. What is Ma's original plan? Why does it fail? What is Ma's "Plan B"? How does Jack feel about this plan? How do Ma and Jack prepare for Plan B?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think that Ma attempts suicide in the hospital while Jack is away? Why do you think that Ma did not attempt suicide prior to this point, when she and Jack were trapped in Room? How does Ma's suicide attempt affect Jack?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)