|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Jack make up to describe his feelings about the escape in "Dying"?
2. When Old Nick kidnapped Ma, what did he tell her?
(a) That his wife was ill.
(b) That he was lost.
(c) That he'd broken his leg.
(d) That he had a sick dog.
3. How many books does Grandma bring to Ma on her second visit to the hospital in "After"?
4. What does Jack do with the note Ma gives him in "Dying"?
(a) He puts it in his shoe.
(b) He puts it in his mitten.
(c) He puts it in his sock.
(d) He puts it in his underwear.
5. What is the name of Grandma's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger that helps Jack when he escapes from Old Nick in "Dying"?
2. Who gets Ma and Jack face masks when they leave their hospital room to go eat in "After"?
3. What is the favorite cake that Grandma used to make for Ma on her birthday?
4. Who wrote and illustrated The Very Hungry Caterpillar?
5. What is the profession of Paul's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting described when Jack and Ma arrive at the police station in "After"? What takes place in this setting?
2. What steps do Ma and Jack take when they begin to enact their first escape plan in "Dying"?
3. How does Jack feel about the change in routines in "After"?
4. How do Ma and Jack go about enacting "Plan B" in "Dying"?
5. How do Ma and Jack practice for their first plan for escape in "Dying"? How does Jack feel about the plan?
6. How is Ma described when Jack discovers her after his outing with Paul in "After"?
7. What is notable about Old Nick's reaction when he believes that Jack is dead?
8. What does Grandma bring on her second visit in "After"? What do she and Ma discuss?
9. What is the first plan that Ma develops for escape in "Dying"?
10. What do Ma and Grandma discuss during Grandma's first visit in "After"?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)