|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack injured from a dog bite when he goes to the hospital with Ma?
(a) His left ankle.
(b) His left hand.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His right arm.
2. What does Ma say Old Nick does not have in "Dying"?
(a) A house.
(b) A library.
(c) A heart.
(d) A wife.
3. What color does Jack describe Grandma's hair as being in "After"?
4. Where does Ma tell Old Nick not to bury Jack in "Dying"?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the church yard.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a cemetery.
5. What month has begun in "Dying"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do with Bad Tooth on the day of the escape?
2. What is the name of the dog that jumps on Jack when he escapes in "Dying"?
3. What Shakespearean play does Ma describe when she explains "Plan B" to Jack in "Dying"?
4. Who does Jack describe as "that long boy with the metal bits in his face" at the hospital in "After"?
5. Who is the doctor that greets Ma and Jack at the hospital in "After"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Ma and Jack received when they arrive at the Cumberland Clinic in "After"?
2. What steps do Ma and Jack take when they begin to enact their first escape plan in "Dying"?
3. What do Ma and Grandma discuss during Grandma's first visit in "After"?
4. How does Jack respond when Ma escapes and meets him in "Dying"?
5. What does Grandma bring on her second visit in "After"? What do she and Ma discuss?
6. What is significant about Jack's newfound desire to go Outside in the beginning of "Dying"?
7. What is related to Ma regarding the clinic in "After"? How does Ma respond to her surroundings at the police headquarters?
8. What is notable about Old Nick's reaction when he believes that Jack is dead?
9. How is Ma described when Jack discovers her after his outing with Paul in "After"?
10. How would you describe Jack's first encounter with Outside in "Dying"?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)