|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object fascinates Jack at the police headquarters in "After"?
(a) A computer.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A vending machine.
(d) A police scanner.
2. What word does Jack make up to describe his feelings about the escape in "Dying"?
3. What is the favorite cake that Grandma used to make for Ma on her birthday?
(a) Lemon cake.
(b) Strawberry delight cake.
(c) Banana chocolate cake.
(d) Coconut cake.
4. What is the name of the lawyer that comes to see Ma at the hospital in "After"?
5. What image is on the bandage that the doctor puts on Jack's injuries in "After"?
(a) Spongebob Squarepants.
(d) Dora the Explorer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Ma say Old Nick cut off the power in "Dying"?
2. What happened to the baby that died during Ma's childbirth?
3. Where does Ma tell Old Nick not to bury Jack in "Dying"?
4. What month has begun in "Dying"?
5. What color does Jack describe Grandma's hair as being in "After"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Jack's first encounter with Outside in "Dying"?
2. What are some of the questions Ma is asked during her television interview in "After"?
3. What causes Jack distress about the shower in "After"?
4. What causes the conflict between Ma and her father in "After"?
5. Who is the lawyer Ma meets with in "After"? What does he tell Ma?
6. What is revealed regarding "the first baby" in "After"?
7. How do Ma and Jack practice for their first plan for escape in "Dying"? How does Jack feel about the plan?
8. What does Officer Oh ask Jack when she meets him? Why?
9. How is the setting described when Jack and Ma arrive at the police station in "After"? What takes place in this setting?
10. What is the first plan that Ma develops for escape in "Dying"?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)