|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Old Nick's truck?
2. What is the favorite cake that Grandma used to make for Ma on her birthday?
(a) Strawberry delight cake.
(b) Lemon cake.
(c) Banana chocolate cake.
(d) Coconut cake.
3. What does Ma do with Jack's underwear at the police precinct in "After"?
(a) She gives them to the nurse.
(b) She throws them away.
(c) She burns them.
(d) She washes them in the sink.
4. How long does Ma say it's been since she's taken a shower when she and Jack wake up at the hospital in "After"?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. How many books does Grandma bring to Ma on her second visit to the hospital in "After"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma smear all over Jack before Old Nick arrives in "Dying"?
2. Who wrote and illustrated The Very Hungry Caterpillar?
3. How many elements are there in Plan B in "Dying"?
4. What mythological winged figure does Jack pretend to be in "Dying"?
5. What does Jack pretend to be when he plays in the wardrobe in "Dying"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the lawyer Ma meets with in "After"? What does he tell Ma?
2. What is notable about Old Nick's reaction when he believes that Jack is dead?
3. What does Grandma bring on her second visit in "After"? What do she and Ma discuss?
4. What is the "Plan B" that Ma develops in "Dying"?
5. How do Ma and Jack go about enacting "Plan B" in "Dying"?
6. What do Ma and Grandma discuss during Grandma's first visit in "After"?
7. How does Jack respond when Ma escapes and meets him in "Dying"?
8. What causes Jack distress about the shower in "After"?
9. How are Ma and Jack received when they arrive at the Cumberland Clinic in "After"?
10. How would you describe Jack's first encounter with Outside in "Dying"?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)