|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack describe Alice playing croquet with in Alice in Wonderland?
(a) Penguins and turtles.
(b) Mallets and balls.
(c) Flamingoes and hedgehogs.
(d) Giraffes and hedgehogs.
2. What caused Old Nick to hurt Ma the previous night in "Unlying"?
(a) Jack ran out of the wardrobe.
(b) Ma slapped him.
(c) Jack's jeep fell on his head.
(d) Ma was screaming.
3. What do Jack and Ma have for dinner on Sunday in "Unlying"?
(a) Alphabet soup.
(b) Hot dogs.
4. What is Jack's favorite card from the deck of cards in his room?
(a) The Jack of Diamonds.
(b) The Queen of Hearts.
(c) The Five of Spades.
(d) The Ten of Spades.
5. What does Ma describe as "Extra-holy people. Like angels with no wings" in "Presents"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What band released the song "Tubthumping"?
2. How does Jack describe the book cover of The Shack in "Unlying"?
3. What does Jack make Ma a bracelet from in "Unlying"?
4. How tall does Ma estimate Jack is on his birthday in "Presents"??
5. On what days of the week do Ma and Jack clean their room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Gone" mean in Jack's mind? What does Jack do when Ma is "Gone" in "Unlying"?
2. How does Jack define "real" and "pretend" in "Presents"?
3. What does Ma give Jack for his birthday in "Presents"? What does Jack do with his gift?
4. How do Jack and Ma manage to "create" toys when they are trapped in Room?
5. What "gift" does Old Nick offer Jack when he's in the wardrobe in "Unlying"? Why does Jack not take the gift?
6. How does Ma explain "Outside" to Jack in "Unlying"?
7. Why has Ma's attitude changed in the beginning of "Unlying"? What does Jack make of this change?
8. How does Jack describe shows on the television in "Presents"?
9. How would you describe Jack's manner of speaking? How is this reflected in the language styel of the story?
10. What happend when Jack requests that Ma read Dylan the Digger in "Unlying"?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)