|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's favorite card from the deck of cards in his room?
(a) The Jack of Diamonds.
(b) The Queen of Hearts.
(c) The Five of Spades.
(d) The Ten of Spades.
2. What animal does Jack discover in the kitchen in "Presents"?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
3. What does Ma do when commercials come on television?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) The turns the TV off.
(c) She mutes the TV.
(d) She turns the radio on.
4. What color eyes does Jack have?
5. What book does Jack choose for Ma to read to him in "Presents"?
(a) Dylan the Digger.
(b) Thomas the Tank Engine.
(c) April Rabbits.
(d) Anne of Green Gables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is Jack's birthday on in "Presents"?
2. What is Ma's response when Jack asks her in "Presents," "What am I like?"
3. How old has Jack turned on his birthday in "Presents"?
4. What do Jack and Ma make a necklace from in "Unlying"?
5. What caused Old Nick to hurt Ma the previous night in "Unlying"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears does Ma face when the electricity is cut off in "Unlying"?
2. Why do you think that Ma flips the lights on and off before going to bed?
3. How does Jack define "real" and "pretend" in "Presents"?
4. How would you describe Ma's relationship to religion in "Presents"?
5. How does Ma compare herself to Alice in Wonderland in "Unlying"?
6. What leads to Ma's admitting that things in the TV are real in "Unlying"?
7. What do Ma and Jack do after television time in "Presents"?
8. Describe the activity called "Scream" in the narrative. Why do Jack and Ma engage in this activity?
9. How does Jack describe shows on the television in "Presents"?
10. How does Ma explain "Outside" to Jack in "Unlying"?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)