|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Ma say that Jack has been sick when Old Nick arrives in "Dying"?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 30 hours.
(c) 16 hours.
(d) 20 hours.
2. What does Jack choose for lunch on his last day in Room?
(a) Hamburgers and fries.
(b) Pancakes with soup and crackers.
(c) Bagels with cheese.
(d) Macaroni, hot dogs, and crackers.
3. What images are on the new pajamas that Noreen brings to Jack at the hospital in "After"?
(a) Teddy bears.
(b) Spongebob Squarepants characters.
4. How long does Ma say it's been since she's taken a shower when she and Jack wake up at the hospital in "After"?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What does Ma say her grade-point average was in school when she disappeared in "After"?
6. How many vaccinations does the doctor give to Jack on his first morning at the hospital in "After"?
7. What is the name of the medical facility where the officer tells Ma she and Jack will be taken after questioning in "After"?
(a) The Cumberland Clinic.
(b) Bellevue Hospital.
(c) The Oxford Clinic.
(d) The Pennington Clinic.
8. Who wrote and illustrated The Very Hungry Caterpillar?
(a) Dr. Seuss.
(b) Shel Silverstein.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Eric Carle.
9. What do Jack and Ma have for breakfast on the day that they will enact Plan B in "Dying"?
(a) Hot dogs.
10. How old is Paul's daughter in "After"?
(a) Almost 3.
(b) Almost 5.
(c) Almost 10.
(d) Almost 6.
11. What is the name of the baby with the man that helps Jack escape from Old Nick in "Dying"?
12. What does Ma say Old Nick does not have in "Dying"?
(a) A house.
(b) A heart.
(c) A wife.
(d) A library.
13. Who is the doctor that greets Ma and Jack at the hospital in "After"?
(a) Dr. Clay.
(b) Dr. Sisk.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
14. What does Ma smear all over Jack before Old Nick arrives in "Dying"?
15. What does the doctor say about Ma's wrist when she is examined at the hospital in "After"?
(a) "It will probably have to be broken again at some point."
(b) "It will probably have to be replace with a prosthetic."
(c) "It will probably recover on its own."
(d) "It will probably have to be amputated."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger that helps Jack when he escapes from Old Nick in "Dying"?
2. What is the name of Grandma's husband?
3. What is the room number of Jack's and Ma's room at the hospital in "After"?
4. What does Old Nick do when the stranger says he's got his plates in "Dying"?
5. What Shakespearean play does Ma describe when she explains "Plan B" to Jack in "Dying"?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)