|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color balloon does Jack choose to blow up in "Dying"?
2. For how long does Ma say she's been held captive in Room in "Dying"?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. What month has begun in "Dying"?
4. What does Ma say her grade-point average was in school when she disappeared in "After"?
5. Who wrote The Lorax?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Roald Dahl.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Dr. Seuss.
6. What is the name of the medical facility where the officer tells Ma she and Jack will be taken after questioning in "After"?
(a) The Cumberland Clinic.
(b) The Pennington Clinic.
(c) The Oxford Clinic.
(d) Bellevue Hospital.
7. What happened to the baby that died during Ma's childbirth?
(a) Old Nick buried it in the yard.
(b) Old Nick cremated it in his oven.
(c) Ma cremated it in the oven.
(d) Old Nick fed it to his pigs.
8. What does Ma make Old Nick promise before he takes Jack out of the Room in "Dying"?
(a) Not to take Jack.
(b) Not to drive anywhere with Jack.
(c) Not to bury Jack.
(d) Not to look at Jack.
9. What does Jack do with Bad Tooth on the day of the escape?
(a) He hides it in his mouth.
(b) He hides it in his underwear.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He hides it in his sock.
10. What is the profession of Paul's wife?
(a) She's a nurse.
(b) She's a police officer.
(c) She is a radiologist.
(d) She's a teacher.
11. How many books does Grandma bring to Ma on her second visit to the hospital in "After"?
12. What does Ma tell Jack he'll be wearing when he escapes in "Dying"?
(a) A bathrobe and boots.
(b) A sleep T-shirt and underwear.
(c) His pajamas and slippers.
(d) Jeans and tennis shoes.
13. What is the favorite cake that Grandma used to make for Ma on her birthday?
(a) Lemon cake.
(b) Coconut cake.
(c) Strawberry delight cake.
(d) Banana chocolate cake.
14. What mythological winged figure does Jack pretend to be in "Dying"?
15. What name does Jack call himself as he escapes in "Dying"?
(a) Prince Gingerjack.
(b) White Knight.
(c) Jack of Diamonds.
(d) Prince JackerJack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do with the note Ma gives him in "Dying"?
2. Who is the police officer that asks Jack's age in "Dying"?
3. Who wrote and illustrated The Very Hungry Caterpillar?
4. What is the "Plan B" that Ma comes up with in "Dying"?
5. Who is the general medical resident on duty that examines Ma when she and Jack arrive at the hospital in "After"?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)