|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material does Jack describe Door being made of in "Presents"?
(a) "Shiny magic metal."
(b) "Heavy dark glass."
(c) "Smooth oak wood."
(d) "Heavy willow wood."
2. Why does Ma say Old Nick cut the power in "Unlying"?
(a) Because she slapped him.
(b) Because Jack came out of the wardrobe.
(c) Because she was screaming.
(d) Because he lost his job.
3. Where in the room does Jack sleep when he doesn't sleep in Ma's bed?
(a) In the wardrobe.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In a kitchen cupboard.
(d) In a cradle.
4. What color eyes does Jack have?
5. What does Ma do when commercials come on television?
(a) The turns the TV off.
(b) She turns the radio on.
(c) She mutes the TV.
(d) She leaves the room.
6. What fruit does Jack request on the note Ma leaves in "Presents"?
7. What is Ma's response when Jack asks her in "Presents," "What am I like?"
(a) "You're like an angel."
(b) "You're like Old Nick."
(c) "The dead spit of me."
(d) "You're like a knight in shining armor."
8. What does Jack say he'll have a dog named in "Presents"?
9. What do Ma and Jack have for dinner in "Unlying"?
(a) Alphabet soup.
(b) Potato soup.
(d) Hot dogs.
10. On what days of the week do Ma and Jack clean their room?
11. What do Ma and Jack have for dinner on Saturday in "Unlying"?
(a) Hot dogs.
(c) Applesauce and pudding.
(d) Mini pizzas.
12. What does Jack play "Telephone" with in "Unlying"?
(a) A broken cell phone.
(b) A toy cell phone.
(c) Toilet paper rolls.
(d) A banana.
13. Who does Jack say brought him and Ma the box of chocolates with the purple ribbon on it in "Unlying"?
(a) Old Nick.
(d) Santa Claus.
14. How old does Ma say she will be on her next birthday in "Presents"?
15. What bedtime story does Ma tell Jack in "Presents"?
(a) Little Bo Peep.
(b) Humpty Dumpty.
(c) Mary Mary Quite Contrary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors comprise the rug in the Room where Jack lives with Ma?
2. What does Jack decide to wear on his birthday in "Presents"?
3. What does Jack make Ma a bracelet from in "Unlying"?
4. How many crayons does Jack have in the room in "Presents"?
5. What band released the song "Tubthumping"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)