|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the agreement between Aquarius Complex and Sawa Corporation for their contract?
2. Why does Agat think that he will be cheated out of his vengeance?
3. How does Ronin act toward Casey when they are in the sewers?
4. Who makes Peter shut down Virgo?
5. Who is Ronin thinking of even when he is captured by Agat and tortured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Taggart's explanation for why his robots attack Casey and Ronin?
2. How does Casey act when she wakes up and finds herself naked in the sewers with her men?
3. Describe the way in which Casey is able to sneak back into the Aquarius Complex in Chapter 6.
4. Why do Casey and Ronin make love at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why does Mr. Taggart want Mr. Learnid "eliminated" from the current situation?
6. Why is Peter restrained by Virgo in Chapter 5?
7. What are the sentiments that Mr. Learnid speaks to his wife about in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Ronin insist that Casey is a samurai?
9. Why is Peter suspicious of Mr. Taggart and Virgo?
10. Describe the scene sequence in which Casey kisses her hero in Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Toward the end of the story, the scenery changes from fantasy to reality as the plot progresses. By doing this, the author works to create a seamless transition between what Billy imagines and real life. Write an essay that details how the author differentiates between Billy's fantasy world and reality. What do the fantasy world characters and enemies look like? How are Ronin and Casey dressed in the fantasy world? What is the tone of the fantasy world like as compared to real life? Make sure to use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
There are many symbols emphasized throughout the story of Ronin. The Bloodsword is one of them. Write an essay that addresses some of the other symbols in the story. What are these symbols and why are they important? What do they represent? How do these symbols and ideas play into the plot of the story? Are these symbolic subjects the same throughout the course of the plot, or do their meanings evolve? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Love is an element that several of the characters experience in parts of Ronin. Casey and Ronin in particular share a very interesting kind of love. Write an essay that addresses the details of Casey and Ronin's relationship. How is love used as a motivator for Ronin? What sorts of deeds does he perform in the name of love? How does Casey reciprocate his feelings? How does love help both Casey and Ronin evolve as characters? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)