|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What endearing term does Virgo use for Casey?
2. What is the name of the doctor who works at Aquarius Complex?
3. How long is the agreement between Aquarius Complex and Sawa Corporation for their contract?
4. Which character regrets the choice to support converting Aquarius into a military based facility?
5. Virgo continuously tells Billy to do what in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the Aquarius Complex looks like in Chapter 5.
2. What happens when the power goes out in Chapter 6?
3. Describe the scene sequence in which Casey kisses her hero in Chapter 4.
4. Why does Virgo tell Mr. Taggart that his secrets are safe with her?
5. Why is Peter restrained by Virgo in Chapter 5?
6. In what way does Virgo tease and taunt Casey as she runs to save Ronin?
7. Describe the way in which Ronin fights his way to Casey in Chapter 4.
8. Why does the story end with Casey facing a whole and uninjured Ronin and not Billy?
9. Why does Ronin insist that Casey is a samurai?
10. What is the main motive Virgo has for creating so much chaos throughout the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The beginning of Chapter 1 is set in feudal Japan. The rest of the story takes place in futuristic New York City. Write an essay that compares and contrasts the two locations as they are illustrated in the graphic novel. How is the architecture different? In what way are the people different? How does the author use color and line to create a distinguishable difference between the two locations? Make sure to use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Revenge is a topic familiar to many characters in Ronin. Though a negative notion, it works well when tied into the plot of a story. Write an essay addressing the element of revenge as it appears in the Ronin. Which characters seek revenge against others? Why is revenge so important to the plot? In what way is it a consistent factor through the entire story? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 3
Biocircuitry is constructed of a fictitious organic plastic. It is a material that is not fully understood even by its creators. Write an essay that explains what is known about biocircuitry. What does it look like? What special qualities does the material posses? What about biocircuitry makes it a good material to create weapons from? Reference the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)