|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Agat's demon slaves?
2. What does Ronin call Casey in Chapter 5?
3. Which type of gun does Casey use to fight robots in Aquarius?
4. Who does Peter think is the mastermind of the problems at Aquarius?
5. Who spits in Agat's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Virgo tell Mr. Taggart that his secrets are safe with her?
2. Describe what the cannibals look like in Chapter 4.
3. Why does Sandy make Peter shut Virgo down?
4. What memory does Billy's flashback contain in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Agat follow instructions given to him by Virgo?
6. Does Mr. Learnid support Mr. Taggart's decision to militarize Aquarius Complex?
7. Why is Peter suspicious of Mr. Taggart and Virgo?
8. Why does Johnson act unstable in Chapter 4?
9. What are the sentiments that Mr. Learnid speaks to his wife about in Chapter 5?
10. Why does the story end with Casey facing a whole and uninjured Ronin and not Billy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Technology is prevalent throughout Ronin because of Aquarius Complex. However, the technology seen in the story is somewhat futuristic. Write an essay that describes the technology found in the story, and how it is used by both the protagonists and antagonists. What type of technology does Aquarius use and how do they use it? How do the protagonists of the story use the technology to their own ends? How do the antagonists use it? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
A samurai is someone who follows a strict code of conduct. Ronin acts in this way consistently throughout the story. Write an essay that explores the qualities of a samurai as they are presented in the graphic novel. What type of personality does a samurai have? What types of things does a samurai do in a tough situation? How does a samurai dress? Make sure to use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
The line art in Ronin changes at different times throughout the story. Certain characters are drawn one way and then drawn differently later on. Write an essay that explores the author's use of creative line art. Which characters are drawn differently at different parts of the story? Why are they drawn differently? What other types of things does the changing line art enhance? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)