|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ozaki?
2. Who is Billy Challas?
3. What city is the story set in?
4. What type of disposition does Casey have?
5. Where does Peter go after he and Casey sleep together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Taggart want Casey's men to only use tasers on Ronin?
2. What happens to Billy at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Why does Head want "street credit" with the local gangs?
4. What does Ronin do after he sees Casey get knocked unconscious?
5. What type of relationship do Billy and Virgo share?
6. How is Ronin treated when he shows up for food at the Army food bank?
7. Why is Billy's special mental ability useful to Aquarius Complex?
8. Why does it take the technician so long to repair Virgo in Chapter 2?
9. What does the Aquarius Complex look like in Chapter 4?
10. What does the cityscape of New York look like in Ronin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biocircuitry is constructed of a fictitious organic plastic. It is a material that is not fully understood even by its creators. Write an essay that explains what is known about biocircuitry. What does it look like? What special qualities does the material posses? What about biocircuitry makes it a good material to create weapons from? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Revenge is a topic familiar to many characters in Ronin. Though a negative notion, it works well when tied into the plot of a story. Write an essay addressing the element of revenge as it appears in the Ronin. Which characters seek revenge against others? Why is revenge so important to the plot? In what way is it a consistent factor through the entire story? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 3
Technology is prevalent throughout Ronin because of Aquarius Complex. However, the technology seen in the story is somewhat futuristic. Write an essay that describes the technology found in the story, and how it is used by both the protagonists and antagonists. What type of technology does Aquarius use and how do they use it? How do the protagonists of the story use the technology to their own ends? How do the antagonists use it? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)