|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
2. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
3. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the saying, "Those have most power to hurt us, that we love." After reviewing the many kinds of love in Romeo and Juliet, write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify the preceding statement using any relationship from the play to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Friar Laurence's role is integral to the events of Romeo and Juliet. Considering his actions, write an essay in which you determine which of Friar Laurence's actions cause the greatest effect on the outcome of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Characters mature and change over the course of Romeo and Juliet. Choose any character and write an essay in which you track the character's development, noting the change between their initial behavior and any changes you observe over the course of the play.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)