|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
2. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
3. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
4. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
5. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
Essay Topic 1
Reflect on Romeo's description of his love for Rosaline, then for Juliet. Write an essay in which you compare and/or contrast Romeo's behavior and dialogue in relation to his love for Rosaline and Juliet, arriving at a conclusion about the significance of his love for each girl in relation to the events of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the figures available as guides for Romeo and Juliet, such as the nurse, the friar, Capulet, Montague, and the prince. Write an essay in which you identify any character as the most reliable and responsible guide for Romeo and Juliet. Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, compare Romeo and Juliet to another couple in literature, either tragic or otherwise. What makes Romeo and Juliet extraordinary or typical as a romantic couple in literature? Use evidence from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)