Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Characters mature and change over the course of Romeo and Juliet. Choose any character and write an essay in which you track the character's development, noting the change between their initial behavior and any changes you observe over the course of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Reflect on Romeo's description of his love for Rosaline, then for Juliet. Write an essay in which you compare and/or contrast Romeo's behavior and dialogue in relation to his love for Rosaline and Juliet, arriving at a conclusion about the significance of his love for each girl in relation to the events of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Romeo and Juliet are often idealized as the ultimate romantic young couple. After reading the play, write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify the notion that Romeo and Juliet are the ultimate teenage couple. Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your claim.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)