Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is set in Verona, Italy. Consider this setting as the background for the events of the play, and write an essay in which you argue for or against Verona, Italy, as a catalyst for events of the play. Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your argument.
Consider Juliet's soliloquy in Act II, Scene 2, in which she asks the question, "What's in a name?" Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Juliet's idea that a name cannot define a person, using evidence from the text to support your argument.
Consider Benvolio's role as peacemaker in the play. Write an essay in which you argue for Benvolio's effectiveness as a character. Consider whether or not he is effective as peacemaker, and what purpose he might serve in the play.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)