Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the contrasting motifs of light and dark, or blindness and sight in Romeo and Juliet. Write an essay in which you explore the symbolic meanings of any two contrasting motifs in the play, discussing its contribution to the play's theme or themes.
Essay Topic 2
Characters mature and change over the course of Romeo and Juliet. Choose any character and write an essay in which you track the character's development, noting the change between their initial behavior and any changes you observe over the course of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Robert F. Kennedy said, "Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live." Considering this quote, explain how The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet teaches its readers wisdom. Identify the events that qualify Romeo and Juliet as a tragedy according to Kennedy's definition.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)