Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, compare Romeo and Juliet to another couple in literature, either tragic or otherwise. What makes Romeo and Juliet extraordinary or typical as a romantic couple in literature? Use evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The nurse in Romeo and Juliet first serves as a protector and confidante for Juliet. Later, she loses Juliet's trust. Consider her actions toward Romeo and Juliet, and write an essay in which you argue that the nurse either lets Juliet down, and is therefore to blame for events that transpire in the play, or that she is simply acting according to her character as we have seen throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the female characters in Romeo and Juliet, and their roles in the events of the play. Write an essay in which you discuss any female character's significance to the events of the text.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)