|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
2. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
3. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
5. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, compare Romeo and Juliet to another couple in literature, either tragic or otherwise. What makes Romeo and Juliet extraordinary or typical as a romantic couple in literature? Use evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the female characters in Romeo and Juliet, and their roles in the events of the play. Write an essay in which you discuss any female character's significance to the events of the text.
Essay Topic 3
Reflect on Romeo's description of his love for Rosaline, then for Juliet. Write an essay in which you compare and/or contrast Romeo's behavior and dialogue in relation to his love for Rosaline and Juliet, arriving at a conclusion about the significance of his love for each girl in relation to the events of the play.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)