Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
2. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
4. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
5. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
Consider the cause and effect relationships between events in Romeo and Juliet, such as Tybalt's stabbing of Mercutio, which results in Romeo killing Tybalt. Write an essay in which you choose the three most significant cause and effect relationships in the play, and explain their significance to events and themes.
Consider Juliet's soliloquy in Act II, Scene 2, in which she asks the question, "What's in a name?" Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Juliet's idea that a name cannot define a person, using evidence from the text to support your argument.
Consider the language Shakespeare uses in the scene when Romeo and Juliet meet, the balcony scene, and their death scene. Write an essay in which you compare and/or contrast the images or symbols the characters use in each of these scenes.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)