Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
Consider the contrasting motifs of light and dark, or blindness and sight in Romeo and Juliet. Write an essay in which you explore the symbolic meanings of any two contrasting motifs in the play, discussing its contribution to the play's theme or themes.
Consider the many misunderstandings and ironies that surround the events in Romeo and Juliet. Write an essay in which you explain how these events contribute to the themes of the play. Use evidence from the text to support your argument.
Consider the female characters in Romeo and Juliet, and their roles in the events of the play. Write an essay in which you discuss any female character's significance to the events of the text.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)