|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(b) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(c) She has always been obedient to him.
(d) She has always wanted a big wedding.
2. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
(a) Kill himself in front of the Capulets.
(b) Beg the friar for poison in order to kill himself.
(c) Kill himself so he can be with her again.
(d) Go back to Verona to seek revenge.
3. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him he is banished.
(b) The priest tells him to leave town.
(c) The nurse comforts him.
(d) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
4. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(d) He feels the families have used him for bait.
5. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
(a) Go chat with Paris.
(b) Go to bed and rest before the wedding.
(c) Waken Juliet because Paris has already arrived.
(d) Leave him be.
Short Answer Questions
1. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
2. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
3. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
4. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
5. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
2. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
3. Why does Romeo believe he can get the apothecary to sell him poison, though it is illegal?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
5. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
6. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
7. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Why does Paris try to prevent Romeo from entering the vault?
9. What consolation does the friar offer the Capulet family when Juliet is found dead?
10. How has Romeo's name "murdered" Juliet?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)