|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Marries Paris.
(b) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(c) Runs from the vault.
(d) Begs the friar for an explanation.
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(b) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(c) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(d) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
3. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(b) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(c) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A ring.
(b) An apology.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
5. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
(b) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
(c) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(d) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
2. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
5. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)