|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(b) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
2. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Her disobedience.
(c) Talking back to them.
(d) Her pride.
3. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) It is against his morals.
(b) He is afraid Romeo will die.
(c) He does not have what Romeo needs.
(d) It is against the law.
5. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
(b) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
(d) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
2. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
4. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
2. Why does Friar Laurence ask for an "iron crow" when he learns that Romeo did not get his letter?
3. What consolation does the friar offer the Capulet family when Juliet is found dead?
4. Why does Juliet threaten to kill herself in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
6. How has Romeo's name "murdered" Juliet?
7. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. How do Juliet's verbalized fears in Act 4, Scene 3 foreshadow upcoming events?
9. What is Friar Laurence's plan for Juliet now that the letter has failed to reach Romeo?
10. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)