|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him to leave town.
(b) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(c) The nurse comforts him.
(d) The priest tells him he is banished.
2. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Encouraged him modestly.
(b) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(c) Declared her love for him openly.
(d) Told him to postpone the wedding.
3. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
(b) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(c) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(d) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can let Romeo in.
(b) So she can take the poison on her own.
(c) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
5. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
3. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
4. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)