|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(b) Juliet will wake up soon.
(c) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(d) Paris has already arrived.
2. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) An oxymoron.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) A simile.
(d) An allusion.
3. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(b) Friar Laurence.
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(c) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(d) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go visit Juliet.
(b) Go see his father.
(c) Go see the Prince.
(d) Go bury Mercutio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
5. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Juliet's verbalized fears in Act 4, Scene 3 foreshadow upcoming events?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
3. How has Romeo's name "murdered" Juliet?
4. What is Juliet's first speech about in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Juliet threaten to kill herself in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
7. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
8. What are Capulet's final instructions for the wedding day?
9. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
10. Why does Romeo believe he can get the apothecary to sell him poison, though it is illegal?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)