|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An apology.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
2. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace for the dead.
(b) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
(c) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
(d) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
3. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good riddance.
(c) Good morrow.
(d) Bon voyage.
4. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(d) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
5. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
(b) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(c) How beautiful she is, even in death.
(d) How cold she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
2. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
3. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
4. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
5. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. In what way has Romeo sold the apothecary "poison"?
3. What are Capulet's final instructions for the wedding day?
4. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
5. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
6. Why does Juliet threaten to kill herself in Act 4, Scene 1?
7. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
8. Why does Paris try to prevent Romeo from entering the vault?
9. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
10. Why does Juliet decide to lie to the nurse in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)