|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(b) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(c) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(d) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(b) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
3. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
(b) Peace for the dead.
(c) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
(d) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
4. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Leap off a tower battlement.
(b) Lurk where serpents are.
(c) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(d) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
5. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
(a) Before Romeo dies, but after Juliet kills herself.
(b) Before Romeo and Juliet die.
(c) After Romeo and Juliet kill themselves.
(d) After Romeo dies, but before Juliet kills herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
2. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
3. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
4. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
5. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Romeo sold the apothecary "poison"?
2. What is ironic about Capulet's statement that the city is "bound" to the Friar?
3. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
5. Why does the Prince banish Romeo instead of ordering his death?
6. What are Capulet's final instructions for the wedding day?
7. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
8. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
9. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. What consolation does the friar offer the Capulet family when Juliet is found dead?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)