|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(b) Romeo cries like a girl.
(c) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(d) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
(b) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(c) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(d) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
4. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes it were over.
(b) He wishes it would come sooner.
(c) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
(d) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go bury Mercutio.
(b) Go see the Prince.
(c) Go visit Juliet.
(d) Go see his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
2. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
3. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
4. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
5. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juliet plan to do if the potion does not work?
2. What is Juliet's first speech about in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
4. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Why does Friar Laurence ask for an "iron crow" when he learns that Romeo did not get his letter?
6. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
7. Why is Juliet so upset that Romeo is banished?
8. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
9. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
10. What is ironic about Capulet's statement that the city is "bound" to the Friar?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)