|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Cancel the wedding.
(b) End the feud with the Montagues.
(c) Prepare for Juliet's funeral.
(d) Wait a day or two before planning the funeral.
2. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) It is against the law.
(b) He is afraid Romeo will die.
(c) It is against his morals.
(d) He does not have what Romeo needs.
3. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good riddance.
(c) Bon voyage.
(d) Good morrow.
4. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(b) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(c) Their feud has caused his death.
(d) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
5. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(b) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(c) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(d) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Friar leave Juliet alone in the vault at the end of the play?
2. Why does the Prince banish Romeo instead of ordering his death?
3. Why does Juliet threaten to kill herself in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
6. What does Juliet plan to do if the potion does not work?
7. What is Juliet's first speech about in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What are Capulet's final instructions for the wedding day?
9. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
10. In what way has Romeo sold the apothecary "poison"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)