|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see his father.
(b) Go visit Juliet.
(c) Go bury Mercutio.
(d) Go see the Prince.
2. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
3. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
(a) His own suicide
(b) Joyful news.
(c) Juliet's arrival.
(d) Juliet's death.
4. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him to leave town.
(b) The priest tells him he is banished.
(c) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(d) The nurse comforts him.
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can take the poison on her own.
(b) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
(c) So she can let Romeo in.
(d) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
2. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
4. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
2. What consolation does the friar offer the Capulet family when Juliet is found dead?
3. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. How do Juliet's verbalized fears in Act 4, Scene 3 foreshadow upcoming events?
5. What is Friar Laurence's plan for Juliet now that the letter has failed to reach Romeo?
6. Why does the Friar leave Juliet alone in the vault at the end of the play?
7. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
8. Why does Romeo believe he can get the apothecary to sell him poison, though it is illegal?
9. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
10. Why does Capulet plan Juliet's wedding even though she has not professed a love for Paris yet?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)