|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(d) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
2. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(a) Lady Capulet.
(d) The nurse.
3. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(c) A ring.
(d) An apology.
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(b) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) A metaphor.
(b) An oxymoron.
(c) An allusion.
(d) A simile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
2. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
3. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
4. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
5. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)