|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(b) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(c) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
(d) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
2. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
3. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(b) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(c) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(d) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
5. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Be forced to marry Paris.
(b) Have to leave without him.
(c) Suffocate in the tomb.
(d) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
3. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paris try to prevent Romeo from entering the vault?
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
3. What statement does Juliet make to Romeo in Act 3, Scene 5 that foreshadows both their deaths?
4. Why does the Friar leave Juliet alone in the vault at the end of the play?
5. What is Friar Laurence's plan for Juliet now that the letter has failed to reach Romeo?
6. Why does Juliet decide to lie to the nurse in Act 3, Scene 5?
7. What is ironic about Capulet's statement that the city is "bound" to the Friar?
8. Why does the Prince banish Romeo instead of ordering his death?
9. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
10. How has Romeo's name "murdered" Juliet?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)