|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(b) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(c) She will be married that same day.
(d) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
(b) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(c) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(d) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(b) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(c) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(d) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's love for Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(c) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(c) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(d) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
2. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
3. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
5. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)