|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
2. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(b) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(c) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
3. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Begs the friar for an explanation.
(b) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(c) Runs from the vault.
(d) Marries Paris.
4. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) It is against his morals.
(b) He does not have what Romeo needs.
(c) It is against the law.
(d) He is afraid Romeo will die.
5. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Romeo standing in the window.
(b) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
(c) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
(d) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
2. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What consolation does the friar offer the Capulet family when Juliet is found dead?
2. What is ironic about Capulet's statement that the city is "bound" to the Friar?
3. What does Juliet plan to do if the potion does not work?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Lady Capulet says she will "know Juliet's mind" early the next day. What does this suggest about Juliet's role in the marriage?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
6. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
7. Why is Capulet so happy in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Why does the Prince banish Romeo instead of ordering his death?
9. What is Juliet's first speech about in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Why does the Friar leave Juliet alone in the vault at the end of the play?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)