|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Talking back to them.
(b) Marrying Romeo.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Her disobedience.
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(c) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(d) She pretends to be overjoyed.
3. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
(d) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
4. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
5. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Juliet will wake up soon.
(b) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(c) Paris has already arrived.
(d) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
2. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
4. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
5. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Capulet's final instructions for the wedding day?
2. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
3. Why does Romeo believe he can get the apothecary to sell him poison, though it is illegal?
4. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
5. What is Friar Laurence's plan for Juliet now that the letter has failed to reach Romeo?
6. What is Juliet's first speech about in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. In Act 4, Scene 2, what language reveals Capulet's anger toward his daughter before she apologizes to him?
8. What reasons does Friar Laurence give Romeo to be happy in Act 3, Scene 3?
9. Why are the preparations for Juliet's wedding to Paris so rushed?
10. Why is Juliet so upset that Romeo is banished?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)