|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(b) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(c) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(d) The feud between the families.
3. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt has challenged Romeo.
(b) Tybalt has challenged Benvolio.
(c) Tybalt has challenged Paris.
(d) Tybalt has challenged Mercutio.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Teasing him about Juliet.
(b) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(c) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(d) Listing Juliet's virtues.
5. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In violence.
(b) In sadness.
(c) In relation to Prince Escalus.
(d) In social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
3. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
4. Romeo arranges to send a man to the nurse with _______________.
5. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Juliet so impatient for the nurse's return in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. How do Romeo and Benvolio find themselves invited to a party at the Capulet's?
3. What limitations do Romeo and Juliet face as lovers?
4. How does the nurse respond to Lady Capulet's questions about marriage?
5. Why does Benvolio attempt to convince Romeo to pursue other loves?
6. What "satisfaction" does Romeo ask Juliet for?
7. How do Romeo and Juliet describe their feelings for each other in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. How does Benvolio respond to Romeo's concerns about attending the Capulet's party?
9. Benvolio suggests Romeo would be angry if he heard Mercutio talking about Rosaline, but how does the audience know this is not true?
10. Why is the friar concerned about the intensity of Romeo and Juliet's love for one another?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)