|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At the Prince's party that evening.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At Capulet's party that evening.
2. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(b) He is now bitter about love.
(c) He is now in love with Juliet.
(d) He did not see her at the party.
3. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love passionately.
(b) Love violently.
(c) Love moderately.
(d) Love calmly.
5. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In violence.
(b) In sadness.
(c) In relation to Prince Escalus.
(d) In social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
3. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the nurse respond to Lady Capulet's questions about marriage?
2. Why does the nurse prolong Juliet's anxiety in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. How do Romeo and Benvolio find themselves invited to a party at the Capulet's?
4. What "satisfaction" does Romeo ask Juliet for?
5. Why does Juliet wish Romeo had another name?
6. How does Capulet respond to Paris' proposal to court Juliet?
7. What is the cause of the current feud between the two families, according to the Act 1 prologue?
8. Why is Prince Escalus angry with the Montagues and Capulets?
9. How is Romeo's love for Juliet different from his love for Rosaline, according to the Act 2 prologue?
10. How does Lady Capulet appear to feel about Paris as a prospective groom for her daughter?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)