Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He refuses to leave the house.
(d) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too heavy.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From different countries.
(b) From feuding families.
(c) From feuding kingdoms.
(d) From different towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
2. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
3. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Juliet's verbalized fears in Act 4, Scene 3 foreshadow upcoming events?
2. Why does Benvolio attempt to convince Romeo to pursue other loves?
3. What is the general meaning of Mercutio's speech about Queen Mab?
4. Why does the nurse prolong Juliet's anxiety in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
6. How does Capulet respond to Paris' proposal to court Juliet?
7. Why does Paris try to prevent Romeo from entering the vault?
8. Why does Mercutio fight Tybalt instead of Romeo?
9. Why are Benvolio and Mercutio teasing Romeo in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is the difference between Lady Capulet's behavior toward Juliet and the nurse's behavior?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)