|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They do not really know each other.
(b) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(c) They cannot reveal it legally.
(d) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
2. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) The friar.
(d) The Nurse.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The feud between the families.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(d) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
4. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(b) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(c) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(d) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
5. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Capulet.
(c) The nurse.
(d) Lady Montague.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the nurse tell about Juliet in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Juliet respond to Romeo's advances when they meet at the party?
3. What limitations do Romeo and Juliet face as lovers?
4. Why does Benvolio attempt to convince Romeo to pursue other loves?
5. How does Benvolio respond to Romeo's concerns about attending the Capulet's party?
6. How do Romeo and Juliet describe their feelings for each other in Act 2, Scene 6?
7. What are Sampson and Gregory saying about the Montagues as they approach the city square?
8. Why are Benvolio and Mercutio teasing Romeo in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. Why is the play called "The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet"?
10. What is Benvolio trying to do as the fight breaks out in the square?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)