|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love passionately.
(b) Love calmly.
(c) Love violently.
(d) Love moderately.
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To Romeo's party.
(b) To the friar's cell.
(c) To the Capulet's party.
(d) To the Montague's party.
3. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) If Romeo can read.
4. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding kingdoms.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From different countries.
(d) From feuding families.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
3. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Juliet's verbalized fears in Act 4, Scene 3 foreshadow upcoming events?
2. Why does the Prince banish Romeo instead of ordering his death?
3. How will the potion free Juliet from the commitment to marry Paris?
4. Why does the Friar leave Juliet alone in the vault at the end of the play?
5. Why is Juliet so impatient for the nurse's return in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What does Juliet plan to do if the potion does not work?
7. Benvolio suggests Romeo would be angry if he heard Mercutio talking about Rosaline, but how does the audience know this is not true?
8. What is the cause of the current feud between the two families, according to the Act 1 prologue?
9. Why does Paris try to prevent Romeo from entering the vault?
10. Why are Benvolio and Mercutio teasing Romeo in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)