|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(b) How beautiful she is, even in death.
(c) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
(d) How cold she is.
2. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
(b) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(c) Balthasar delivered the letter.
(d) No one was able to deliver the letter.
3. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(c) An apology.
(d) A ring.
4. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
(a) He did not trust Romeo with the letter.
(b) He was told Romeo was ill and could not have visitors.
(c) He was afraid to visit a town with an infectious pestilence.
(d) He was quarantined due to an infectious illness in the town.
5. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
(a) A flower plucked too soon.
(b) A living corpse.
(c) A frost on the windows.
(d) A flower covered by an untimely frost.
6. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) He is afraid Romeo will die.
(b) It is against his morals.
(c) He does not have what Romeo needs.
(d) It is against the law.
7. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(b) trying to wake Juliet.
(c) preparing for the wedding day.
(d) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
8. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
9. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Romeo's pride.
(b) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
(c) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
(d) Tybalt's taunts.
10. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(c) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(d) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
11. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
(a) Waken Juliet because Paris has already arrived.
(b) Go chat with Paris.
(c) Leave him be.
(d) Go to bed and rest before the wedding.
12. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The nurse.
(c) Lady Capulet.
13. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
(b) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
(c) Peace for the dead.
(d) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
14. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is corrupt.
(c) He wants revenge.
(d) He wants to kill Romeo.
15. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(b) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(c) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(d) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
2. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
4. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
5. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)