|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(b) preparing for the wedding day.
(c) trying to wake Juliet.
(d) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
2. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
(a) The Prince reads Friar Laurence's letter to Romeo.
(b) The Prince asks Balthasar to tell the truth.
(c) The Prince reads Romeo's letters to Friar Laurence.
(d) The Prince asks Paris' page to tell the truth.
3. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
(a) Go chat with Paris.
(b) Go to bed and rest before the wedding.
(c) Waken Juliet because Paris has already arrived.
(d) Leave him be.
4. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace for the dead.
(b) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
(c) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
(d) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(b) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(c) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(d) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
6. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(b) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(c) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(d) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
7. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) It is against the law.
(b) He is afraid Romeo will die.
(c) It is against his morals.
(d) He does not have what Romeo needs.
8. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How beautiful she is, even in death.
(b) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(c) How cold she is.
(d) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
9. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(b) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(c) She says she is done with Juliet.
(d) She says she will speak to Capulet.
10. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Suffocate in the tomb.
(b) Be forced to marry Paris.
(c) Have to leave without him.
(d) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
11. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Wait a day or two before planning the funeral.
(b) Prepare for Juliet's funeral.
(c) End the feud with the Montagues.
(d) Cancel the wedding.
12. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can let Romeo in.
(b) So she can take the poison on her own.
(c) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
13. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(b) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(c) She will be married that same day.
(d) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
14. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Heaven.
(b) Only sleeping.
(c) Pretending to be dead.
(d) In Mantua.
15. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
2. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
4. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)