|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
(b) So she can let Romeo in.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(d) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
3. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(b) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(c) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(d) She will be married that same day.
4. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
(a) Refusing to deliver the letter has caused many deaths.
(b) Neglecting the letter could cause danger.
(c) Neglecting the letter would get him in trouble.
(d) Refusing to deliver the letter was a crime.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A child who has a new mansion.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A starry night.
6. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(b) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(c) Encouraged him modestly.
(d) Declared her love for him openly.
7. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Mantua.
(b) Pretending to be dead.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) Only sleeping.
8. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
(a) She wants to believe it is still dark so the Capulets will not see Romeo leaving.
(b) She wants to believe it is still dark so Romeo can stay.
(c) She wants to believe Romeo will come and see her.
(d) She believes the nightingale is lucky and will protect Romeo.
9. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
10. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see the Prince.
(b) Go visit Juliet.
(c) Go see his father.
(d) Go bury Mercutio.
11. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(b) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(c) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(d) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
12. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(b) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(c) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(d) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
13. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(b) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(c) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
14. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
(b) Romeo has not answered his letters.
(c) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(d) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
15. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
2. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
3. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
5. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)