|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(b) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
(c) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(d) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(b) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can let Romeo in.
3. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(b) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
(c) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(d) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
4. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
(a) Refusing to deliver the letter was a crime.
(b) Refusing to deliver the letter has caused many deaths.
(c) Neglecting the letter would get him in trouble.
(d) Neglecting the letter could cause danger.
5. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
(a) A flower plucked too soon.
(b) A frost on the windows.
(c) A living corpse.
(d) A flower covered by an untimely frost.
6. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(b) She says she is done with Juliet.
(c) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(d) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
7. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
(b) Beer drinker.
(c) Manly man.
8. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) An apology.
(d) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
9. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(b) She will be married that same day.
(c) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(d) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
10. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(c) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(d) The Prince forgives Romeo.
11. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Talking back to them.
(c) Her disobedience.
(d) Her pride.
12. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
13. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(b) Encouraged him modestly.
(c) Declared her love for him openly.
(d) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
14. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(b) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(c) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(d) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
15. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
2. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
3. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
4. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
5. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)