|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(d) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The potion might actually be a poison.
(b) The potion might give her amnesia.
(c) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(d) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
3. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The nurse comforts him.
(b) The priest tells him he is banished.
(c) The priest tells him to leave town.
(d) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
4. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(b) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(c) Paris has already arrived.
(d) Juliet will wake up soon.
5. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
(b) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(c) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(d) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
6. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(d) Friar Laurence.
7. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(b) So she can take the poison on her own.
(c) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
(d) So she can let Romeo in.
8. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(b) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(c) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(d) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
9. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
(c) Beer drinker.
(d) Manly man.
10. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(b) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
11. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He wants to buy a potion to fake his own death.
(b) He wants to buy a potion to wake Juliet.
(c) He wants to buy poison to kill Paris.
(d) He wants to buy poison so he can kill himself and be with Juliet.
12. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
13. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
(a) His own suicide
(b) Joyful news.
(c) Juliet's arrival.
(d) Juliet's death.
14. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(b) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(c) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
(d) He will get out of everyone's way.
15. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The nurse.
(d) Lady Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
2. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
3. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
5. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)