|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Wait a day or two before planning the funeral.
(b) Cancel the wedding.
(c) Prepare for Juliet's funeral.
(d) End the feud with the Montagues.
2. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Romeo's pride.
(b) Tybalt's taunts.
(c) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
(d) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
3. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(b) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(c) Romeo cries like a girl.
(d) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
4. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(c) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(d) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
5. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
(a) He was afraid to visit a town with an infectious pestilence.
(b) He was quarantined due to an infectious illness in the town.
(c) He was told Romeo was ill and could not have visitors.
(d) He did not trust Romeo with the letter.
6. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Kill Paris.
(b) Tell her parents the truth.
(c) Run away tonight.
(d) Kill herself.
7. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she is done with Juliet.
(b) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(c) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(d) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
8. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) Balthasar delivered the letter.
(b) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(c) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(d) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
9. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(b) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(c) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
(d) Telling Juliet the truth.
10. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go visit Juliet.
(b) Go see his father.
(c) Go see the Prince.
(d) Go bury Mercutio.
11. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(b) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
12. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(b) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(c) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
13. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(b) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(c) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(d) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
14. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(b) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(c) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
15. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
(b) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
(d) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
3. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
4. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
5. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)