|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(b) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(c) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(d) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
2. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(b) Lady Capulet.
(c) The nurse.
3. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Mantua.
(b) Pretending to be dead.
(c) Only sleeping.
(d) In Heaven.
4. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(b) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
(c) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
(d) Romeo has not answered his letters.
5. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(b) preparing for the wedding day.
(c) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(d) trying to wake Juliet.
6. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Hiding in the friar's cell.
(b) Hiding in the Capulet orchard.
(c) Hiding at the burial vault.
(d) Hiding at his father's home.
7. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He wants to buy poison so he can kill himself and be with Juliet.
(b) He wants to buy a potion to wake Juliet.
(c) He wants to buy a potion to fake his own death.
(d) He wants to buy poison to kill Paris.
8. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(d) An apology.
9. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(b) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
(c) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(d) Balthasar delivered the letter.
10. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Talking back to them.
(b) Marrying Romeo.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Her disobedience.
11. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
(a) Joyful news.
(b) Juliet's death.
(c) Juliet's arrival.
(d) His own suicide
12. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
(a) He was afraid to visit a town with an infectious pestilence.
(b) He was told Romeo was ill and could not have visitors.
(c) He did not trust Romeo with the letter.
(d) He was quarantined due to an infectious illness in the town.
13. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
(b) Tybalt's taunts.
(c) Romeo's pride.
(d) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
14. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace for the dead.
(b) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
(c) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
(d) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
15. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(c) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(d) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
2. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
3. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
4. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)