|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(b) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(c) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(d) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
2. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Mantua.
(b) Only sleeping.
(c) Pretending to be dead.
(d) In Heaven.
3. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(b) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(c) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
(d) Telling Juliet the truth.
4. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(b) How cold she is.
(c) How beautiful she is, even in death.
(d) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(b) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(c) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(d) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
6. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
(b) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(c) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
(d) Romeo has not answered his letters.
7. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
(b) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
(d) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
8. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will get out of everyone's way.
(b) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(c) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(d) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
10. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see his father.
(b) Go visit Juliet.
(c) Go bury Mercutio.
(d) Go see the Prince.
11. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(b) A sober-suited matron.
(c) A child who has a new mansion.
(d) A starry night.
12. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(b) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(c) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(d) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
13. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she is done with Juliet.
(b) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(c) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(d) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
14. Why is the apothecary hesitant to sell Romeo poison?
(a) It is against his morals.
(b) It is against the law.
(c) He does not have what Romeo needs.
(d) He is afraid Romeo will die.
15. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(b) So she can let Romeo in.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
3. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
4. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
5. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)