|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Threatens to hit her.
(b) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(c) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(d) Threatens to disown her.
2. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's love for Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(c) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
(d) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
3. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(c) Friar Laurence.
4. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Because they do not know the music Peter asks them for.
(b) Because they have not been paid.
(c) Because Juliet is dead and the familiy is mourning.
(d) Because Capulet has asked them not to.
5. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(b) trying to wake Juliet.
(c) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(d) preparing for the wedding day.
6. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Juliet has married Paris.
(b) Juliet is dead.
(c) Juliet has faked her death.
(d) Juliet has left Verona.
7. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes it would come sooner.
(b) He wishes it were over.
(c) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
(d) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
8. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(b) The priest tells him he is banished.
(c) The nurse comforts him.
(d) The priest tells him to leave town.
9. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(b) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(c) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(d) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
10. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo cries like a girl.
(b) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(c) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(d) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
11. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(b) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
12. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
13. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(d) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
14. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Marries Paris.
(b) Runs from the vault.
(c) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(d) Begs the friar for an explanation.
15. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
(a) The Prince reads Romeo's letters to Friar Laurence.
(b) The Prince reads Friar Laurence's letter to Romeo.
(c) The Prince asks Balthasar to tell the truth.
(d) The Prince asks Paris' page to tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
2. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
3. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
4. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)