|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Paris has already arrived.
(b) Juliet will wake up soon.
(c) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(d) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
2. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Because they do not know the music Peter asks them for.
(b) Because Capulet has asked them not to.
(c) Because Juliet is dead and the familiy is mourning.
(d) Because they have not been paid.
3. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Threatens to hit her.
(b) Threatens to disown her.
(c) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(d) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
4. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(c) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(d) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
6. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(b) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(c) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
(d) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
7. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
(b) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
(c) Romeo standing in the window.
(d) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
8. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
(b) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(c) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(d) Balthasar delivered the letter.
9. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A starry night.
(b) A sober-suited matron.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A child who has a new mansion.
10. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Run away tonight.
(b) Kill Paris.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Tell her parents the truth.
11. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) The nurse.
(d) Lady Capulet.
12. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
(a) He is corrupt.
(b) He wants to kill Romeo.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He wants revenge.
13. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Wait a day or two before planning the funeral.
(b) End the feud with the Montagues.
(c) Prepare for Juliet's funeral.
(d) Cancel the wedding.
14. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
(b) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
(d) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
15. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Bon voyage.
(b) Good riddance.
(d) Good morrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
2. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
4. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
5. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)