|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Bon voyage.
(b) Good morrow.
(c) Good riddance.
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(b) The potion might actually be a poison.
(c) The potion might give her amnesia.
(d) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
3. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
5. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
(b) Romeo standing in the window.
(c) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
(d) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
6. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(b) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(c) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(d) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
7. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see his father.
(b) Go visit Juliet.
(c) Go bury Mercutio.
(d) Go see the Prince.
8. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(b) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
9. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
(b) He wishes it were over.
(c) He wishes it would come sooner.
(d) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
10. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He wants to buy a potion to wake Juliet.
(b) He wants to buy poison to kill Paris.
(c) He wants to buy poison so he can kill himself and be with Juliet.
(d) He wants to buy a potion to fake his own death.
11. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Her disobedience.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Talking back to them.
12. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him to leave town.
(b) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(c) The nurse comforts him.
(d) The priest tells him he is banished.
13. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(b) Declared her love for him openly.
(c) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(d) Encouraged him modestly.
14. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will get out of everyone's way.
(b) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
(c) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(d) He will not be so angry in the morning.
15. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She does not believe the nurse.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(d) He would be angry if he found out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
2. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
3. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
4. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)