|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) preparing for the wedding day.
(b) trying to wake Juliet.
(c) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(d) discussing recipes for the wedding.
2. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
(b) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(c) How cold she is.
(d) How beautiful she is, even in death.
3. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(b) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(c) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(d) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
4. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
(a) The Prince reads Romeo's letters to Friar Laurence.
(b) The Prince asks Paris' page to tell the truth.
(c) The Prince reads Friar Laurence's letter to Romeo.
(d) The Prince asks Balthasar to tell the truth.
5. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(a) Friar Laurence.
6. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A child who has a new mansion.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A starry night.
7. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(b) Balthasar delivered the letter.
(c) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
(d) Benvolio delivered the letter.
8. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(b) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
9. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(b) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(c) Threatens to disown her.
(d) Threatens to hit her.
10. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Because they do not know the music Peter asks them for.
(b) Because Capulet has asked them not to.
(c) Because they have not been paid.
(d) Because Juliet is dead and the familiy is mourning.
11. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Heaven.
(b) Pretending to be dead.
(c) In Mantua.
(d) Only sleeping.
12. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(b) Lurk where serpents are.
(c) Leap off a tower battlement.
(d) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
13. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
14. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
(a) He was told Romeo was ill and could not have visitors.
(b) He was quarantined due to an infectious illness in the town.
(c) He was afraid to visit a town with an infectious pestilence.
(d) He did not trust Romeo with the letter.
15. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
(a) After Romeo and Juliet kill themselves.
(b) Before Romeo and Juliet die.
(c) After Romeo dies, but before Juliet kills herself.
(d) Before Romeo dies, but after Juliet kills herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
4. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
5. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)