|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
(b) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
(c) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(d) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A child who has a new mansion.
(b) A starry night.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A sober-suited matron.
3. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(c) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(d) Their feud has caused his death.
5. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(b) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(c) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
6. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Be forced to marry Paris.
(b) Have to leave without him.
(c) Suffocate in the tomb.
(d) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
7. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(b) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(c) She has always been obedient to him.
(d) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
8. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
(b) Lurk where serpents are.
(c) Leap off a tower battlement.
(d) Murder Paris and Capulet.
9. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
(a) He was quarantined due to an infectious illness in the town.
(b) He was told Romeo was ill and could not have visitors.
(c) He was afraid to visit a town with an infectious pestilence.
(d) He did not trust Romeo with the letter.
10. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(c) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(d) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
11. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(b) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(c) Make everyone feel better.
(d) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
12. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
13. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
(b) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
(d) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
14. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
(b) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
(c) Peace for the dead.
(d) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
15. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
(a) A flower plucked too soon.
(b) A living corpse.
(c) A frost on the windows.
(d) A flower covered by an untimely frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
2. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
3. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
5. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)