Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(b) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(c) She will be married that same day.
(d) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
(b) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(c) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(d) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(b) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(c) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(d) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's love for Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(c) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(c) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(d) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
6. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(b) Begs the friar for an explanation.
(c) Runs from the vault.
(d) Marries Paris.
7. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Declared her love for him openly.
(b) Encouraged him modestly.
(c) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(d) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
8. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Juliet has faked her death.
(b) Juliet is dead.
(c) Juliet has married Paris.
(d) Juliet has left Verona.
9. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
(a) She wants to believe it is still dark so the Capulets will not see Romeo leaving.
(b) She believes the nightingale is lucky and will protect Romeo.
(c) She wants to believe Romeo will come and see her.
(d) She wants to believe it is still dark so Romeo can stay.
10. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
11. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(b) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(c) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(d) She pretends to be overjoyed.
12. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Leap off a tower battlement.
(b) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
(c) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(d) Lurk where serpents are.
13. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
(b) He wishes it were over.
(c) He wishes it would come sooner.
(d) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
14. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(b) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(c) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
(d) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
15. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(b) He would be angry if he found out.
(c) She does not believe the nurse.
(d) He is her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
3. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
4. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
5. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)