|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An apology.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
(b) Romeo standing in the window.
(c) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
(d) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
4. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
(a) He is corrupt.
(b) He wants to kill Romeo.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He wants revenge.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) An allusion.
(b) An oxymoron.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A simile.
6. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
7. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) Because Juliet is dead and the familiy is mourning.
(b) Because they do not know the music Peter asks them for.
(c) Because Capulet has asked them not to.
(d) Because they have not been paid.
8. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
9. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
(c) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(d) The Prince forgives Romeo.
10. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(b) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(c) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(d) She has always been obedient to him.
11. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
(b) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(c) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(d) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
12. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) She will be married that same day.
(b) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(c) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(d) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
13. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(b) Romeo cries like a girl.
(c) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(d) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
14. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(b) A child who has a new mansion.
(c) A sober-suited matron.
(d) A starry night.
15. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(b) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(c) She says she is done with Juliet.
(d) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
2. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
3. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
4. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
5. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)