|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
(a) Manly man.
(d) Beer drinker.
2. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
(a) Kill himself in front of the Capulets.
(b) Kill himself so he can be with her again.
(c) Go back to Verona to seek revenge.
(d) Beg the friar for poison in order to kill himself.
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The potion might actually be a poison.
(b) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(c) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
(d) The potion might give her amnesia.
4. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
(a) How beautiful she is compared to the other corpses.
(b) How beautiful she is, even in death.
(c) How brave she is to lay among the dead.
(d) How cold she is.
5. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(b) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(c) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
6. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(b) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(c) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(d) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
7. Friar Laurence arrives in Act 5, Scene 3 _______________.
(a) Before Romeo dies, but after Juliet kills herself.
(b) Before Romeo and Juliet die.
(c) After Romeo and Juliet kill themselves.
(d) After Romeo dies, but before Juliet kills herself.
8. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She does not believe the nurse.
(b) He would be angry if he found out.
(c) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(d) He is her husband.
9. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(d) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
10. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(b) Suffocate in the tomb.
(c) Have to leave without him.
(d) Be forced to marry Paris.
11. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Paris.
(c) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
12. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good morrow.
(b) Bon voyage.
(c) Good riddance.
13. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
(a) Waken Juliet because Paris has already arrived.
(b) Go chat with Paris.
(c) Leave him be.
(d) Go to bed and rest before the wedding.
14. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Her pride.
(b) Talking back to them.
(c) Her disobedience.
(d) Marrying Romeo.
15. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Romeo standing in the window.
(b) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
(c) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
(d) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
2. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
3. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
4. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
5. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)