|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
2. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(b) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) Their feud has caused his death.
3. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(b) Lady Capulet.
(c) The nurse.
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
5. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she is done with Juliet.
(b) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(c) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(d) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
6. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(b) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(c) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(d) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
7. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good riddance.
(c) Good morrow.
(d) Bon voyage.
8. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
(b) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(c) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(d) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
9. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
10. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(b) The priest tells him to leave town.
(c) The priest tells him he is banished.
(d) The nurse comforts him.
11. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
(b) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(c) Juliet's love for Paris.
(d) Juliet's love for Romeo.
12. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(b) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(c) She has always been obedient to him.
(d) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
13. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
(a) Kill himself so he can be with her again.
(b) Go back to Verona to seek revenge.
(c) Kill himself in front of the Capulets.
(d) Beg the friar for poison in order to kill himself.
14. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Romeo has not answered his letters.
(b) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
(c) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(d) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
15. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(c) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(d) The Prince forgives Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
2. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. When Romeo sees Juliet in Act 5, Scene 3, he is struck by _______________.
4. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)