|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
2. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Mercutio and Benvolio.
(b) Benvolio and Tybalt.
(c) Tybalt and Balthasar.
(d) Mercutio and Tybalt.
3. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(c) Friar Laurence.
4. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) Bon voyage.
(c) Good morrow.
5. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes it were over.
(b) He wishes it would come sooner.
(c) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
(d) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
6. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(b) Threatens to disown her.
(c) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(d) Threatens to hit her.
7. What proof does the Prince find for the events that took place?
(a) The Prince reads Romeo's letters to Friar Laurence.
(b) The Prince reads Friar Laurence's letter to Romeo.
(c) The Prince asks Paris' page to tell the truth.
(d) The Prince asks Balthasar to tell the truth.
8. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(b) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(c) Paris has already arrived.
(d) Juliet will wake up soon.
9. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(b) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(c) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
(d) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
10. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(b) Lady Capulet.
(d) The nurse.
11. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
(a) Peace for the dead.
(b) Peace between the Montagues and Capulets.
(c) Peace between Mercutio and Tybalt.
(d) The Prince finally has peace on his streets.
12. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(b) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
13. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
(b) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(c) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(d) Balthasar delivered the letter.
14. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(b) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(c) Make everyone feel better.
(d) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
15. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Juliet is dead.
(b) Juliet has faked her death.
(c) Juliet has left Verona.
(d) Juliet has married Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
2. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
3. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
4. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
5. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)