|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(b) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(c) He will get out of everyone's way.
(d) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
2. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(b) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(c) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(d) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
3. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(d) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
4. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always been obedient to him.
(b) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(c) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(d) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
5. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(b) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(c) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
(d) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
6. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
7. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(c) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
(d) The Prince forgives Romeo.
8. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Be forced to marry Paris.
(b) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(c) Suffocate in the tomb.
(d) Have to leave without him.
9. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) trying to wake Juliet.
(b) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(c) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(d) preparing for the wedding day.
10. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) Only sleeping.
(b) In Mantua.
(c) Pretending to be dead.
(d) In Heaven.
11. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(b) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(c) Paris has already arrived.
(d) Juliet will wake up soon.
12. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Juliet is dead.
(b) Juliet has left Verona.
(c) Juliet has married Paris.
(d) Juliet has faked her death.
13. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) She will be married that same day.
(b) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(c) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(d) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
14. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Her pride.
(b) Talking back to them.
(c) Marrying Romeo.
(d) Her disobedience.
15. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
2. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
4. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
5. Why was Friar John prevented from delivering Romeo's letter?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)