|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(b) So she can let Romeo in.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
2. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) She will be married that same day.
(b) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(c) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(d) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
3. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(b) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(c) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(d) Cause her to die and come back to life.
4. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Bon voyage.
(d) Good morrow.
5. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
(a) Juliet's death.
(b) Juliet's arrival.
(c) His own suicide
(d) Joyful news.
6. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(b) Paris has already arrived.
(c) Juliet will wake up soon.
(d) Paris is anxious to get things started.
7. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(b) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(c) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(d) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
8. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will get out of everyone's way.
(b) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
(c) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(d) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
9. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always been obedient to him.
(b) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(c) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(d) She has always wanted a big wedding.
11. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(b) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(c) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(d) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
12. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(c) Their feud has caused his death.
(d) He feels the families have used him for bait.
13. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
(b) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(c) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(d) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
14. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Begs the friar for an explanation.
(b) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(c) Runs from the vault.
(d) Marries Paris.
15. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The potion might actually be a poison.
(b) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
(c) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(d) The potion might give her amnesia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
2. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
3. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)