|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(b) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
(c) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(d) He will get out of everyone's way.
2. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see his father.
(b) Go bury Mercutio.
(c) Go visit Juliet.
(d) Go see the Prince.
3. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(b) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(c) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(d) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
4. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
(b) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(c) Romeo has not answered his letters.
(d) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
5. Before he can enter the tomb, Romeo encounters who?
(d) Friar Laurence.
6. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
(a) She wants to believe it is still dark so Romeo can stay.
(b) She wants to believe it is still dark so the Capulets will not see Romeo leaving.
(c) She wants to believe Romeo will come and see her.
(d) She believes the nightingale is lucky and will protect Romeo.
7. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(b) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(c) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
8. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) He feels the families have made him rotten.
9. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
10. In Act 4, Scene 5, the friar claims that Juliet is ___________.
(a) In Mantua.
(b) In Heaven.
(c) Pretending to be dead.
(d) Only sleeping.
11. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Talking back to them.
(c) Her disobedience.
(d) Her pride.
12. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) Balthasar delivered the letter.
(b) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(c) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(d) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
13. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
(b) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(c) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(d) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
14. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(b) Telling Juliet the truth.
(c) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(d) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
15. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(b) Leap off a tower battlement.
(c) Lurk where serpents are.
(d) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
2. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
3. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
4. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
5. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)