|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(b) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
2. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(b) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(c) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(d) She will be married that same day.
3. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
(a) A frost on the windows.
(b) A flower covered by an untimely frost.
(c) A flower plucked too soon.
(d) A living corpse.
4. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(b) The nurse.
(c) Lady Capulet.
5. Who gave the letter to Romeo explaining about Juliet?
(a) No one was able to deliver the letter.
(b) Benvolio delivered the letter.
(c) Balthasar delivered the letter.
(d) Friar Laurence delivered the letter.
6. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(b) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(c) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
(d) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
7. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(b) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(c) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(d) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
8. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(b) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
(c) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(d) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
9. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(c) Juliet's love for Paris.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
11. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(b) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(c) trying to wake Juliet.
(d) preparing for the wedding day.
12. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
(a) His own suicide
(b) Juliet's death.
(c) Juliet's arrival.
(d) Joyful news.
13. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(c) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(d) Invite six guests to the wedding.
14. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(b) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(c) She says she is done with Juliet.
(d) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
15. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Run away tonight.
(b) Tell her parents the truth.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
4. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
5. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)