|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A child who has a new mansion.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A starry night.
3. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(b) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(c) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
4. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Suffocate in the tomb.
(b) Be forced to marry Paris.
(c) Have to leave without him.
(d) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) A metaphor.
(b) An oxymoron.
(c) An allusion.
(d) A simile.
6. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
(a) He will not find out what Juliet is up to.
(b) He will not be so angry in the morning.
(c) He will get out of everyone's way.
(d) He will not be sick for the wedding day.
7. Because Juliet finds Romeo dead, she _____________.
(a) Runs from the vault.
(b) Stabs herself with his dagger.
(c) Marries Paris.
(d) Begs the friar for an explanation.
8. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
9. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(d) He feels the families have made him rotten.
10. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(b) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(c) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
11. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
(a) Neglecting the letter could cause danger.
(b) Refusing to deliver the letter was a crime.
(c) Neglecting the letter would get him in trouble.
(d) Refusing to deliver the letter has caused many deaths.
12. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(b) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(c) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(d) She pretends to be overjoyed.
13. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(b) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(c) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(d) She will be married that same day.
14. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
(a) Juliet will wake in three hours alone.
(b) Romeo has not answered his letters.
(c) Romeo has promised to meet him there.
(d) Juliet has promised to meet him there.
15. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(c) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(d) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What peace has arrived in Verona at the end of the play?
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
3. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
5. Why do the musicians refuse to play at the end of Act 4, Scene 5?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)