|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
2. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(b) She says she is done with Juliet.
(c) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(d) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
3. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(b) She will be married that same day.
(c) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(d) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
5. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
(b) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(c) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
(d) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
6. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to die and come back to life.
(b) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(c) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(d) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
8. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Run away tonight.
(b) Kill Paris.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Tell her parents the truth.
9. Friar Laurence plans to remedy the situation by doing what?
(a) Writing again to Mantua after he rescues Juliet.
(b) Leaving for Mantua to get Romeo.
(c) Giving Father John another letter to take to Romeo.
(d) Telling Juliet the truth.
10. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(b) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(c) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(d) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
11. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can let Romeo in.
(b) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
12. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) Good morrow.
(d) Bon voyage.
13. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Lurk where serpents are.
(b) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(c) Leap off a tower battlement.
(d) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
14. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
(c) Beer drinker.
(d) Manly man.
15. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(b) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
(c) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(d) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
4. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
5. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)