Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He refuses to leave the house.
(d) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too heavy.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From different countries.
(b) From feuding families.
(c) From feuding kingdoms.
(d) From different towns.
6. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
7. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Fire and gunpowder.
(c) Swords and guns.
(d) Gunpowder and bullets.
8. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(b) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
(c) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
(d) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
9. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(b) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
10. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(d) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
11. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Montague.
(b) Lady Capulet.
(c) The nurse.
12. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
13. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
14. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Stay away from Tybalt.
(b) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(c) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(d) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
15. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
2. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
3. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)