|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Marry Rosaline.
(b) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(c) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(d) Bribe the guards to let him in.
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Avoiding his friends all day.
(b) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(c) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(d) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
3. Where does the play take place?
(a) Verona, Italy.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
4. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(b) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
5. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(b) Seek her own husband.
(c) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(d) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
6. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They are married.
(b) They make confession.
(c) They talk to their parents.
(d) They promise him to behave.
7. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He did not see her at the party.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He is now bitter about love.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
8. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt has challenged Romeo.
(b) Tybalt has challenged Benvolio.
(c) Tybalt has challenged Paris.
(d) Tybalt has challenged Mercutio.
9. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) An Ethiopian princess.
(d) The goddess Diana.
10. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(b) She will have a large inheritance.
(c) She has true love.
(d) Her father is wealthy.
11. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
12. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Lady Capulet's permission.
(b) Juliet's dowry.
(c) Juliet's consent.
(d) The Prince's permission.
13. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(b) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(c) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(d) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
14. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(a) Planned by God.
15. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Upsetting to her parents.
(b) Wise beyond her years.
(c) Simple or foolish.
(d) Too hasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
2. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
3. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
4. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)