|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(b) Directions to Capulet's house.
(c) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(d) If Romeo can read.
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(b) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(c) Do his worst.
(d) Come and take him now while he is in church.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(b) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(c) Bribe the guards to let him in.
(d) Marry Rosaline.
5. Romeo arranges to send a man to the nurse with _______________.
(a) Ropes to make a ladder to climb to Juliet's room.
(b) Ropes to tie up the guard so he can climb to Juliet's room.
(c) Money to escape to Mantua with him.
(d) Money to use as a bribe for the guards outside Juliet's room.
6. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(b) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(c) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(d) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
7. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Four battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Two battles between families.
(d) Three battles between families.
8. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too heavy.
(b) Too rough.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too tender.
9. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) Her father is wealthy.
(b) She has true love.
(c) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(d) She will have a large inheritance.
10. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She could not find Romeo.
(b) She is too tired to talk.
(c) She is too hungry to talk.
(d) She has only bad news.
11. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Stay away from Tybalt.
(d) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
12. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was fighting with Tybalt.
(b) He was hiding from his father.
(c) He was with Rosaline.
(d) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
13. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(c) A clenching pain in the heart.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
14. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding families.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From different countries.
(d) From feuding kingdoms.
15. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(b) Call for Romeo.
(c) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(d) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
2. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
5. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)