|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Wise beyond her years.
(b) Simple or foolish.
(c) Too hasty.
(d) Upsetting to her parents.
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A beautiful book.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A fish.
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(d) He wishes to marry her the next day.
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(c) Social status.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(b) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to compete with Paris.
6. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At his wedding to Juliet.
(c) At the Prince's party that evening.
(d) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
7. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
8. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(b) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(c) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(d) Juliet is a legal adult.
9. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
10. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding kingdoms.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From different countries.
(d) From feuding families.
11. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
12. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(b) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(c) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(d) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
13. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Six battles between families.
(b) Two battles between families.
(c) Three battles between families.
(d) Four battles between families.
14. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
15. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The sun.
(b) An Ethiopian princess.
(c) The goddess Diana.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
4. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)