|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(c) Inciting violence.
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(b) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(c) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(d) Do his worst.
3. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They are married.
(b) They talk to their parents.
(c) They promise him to behave.
(d) They make confession.
4. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(c) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(d) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will gain her money with the marriage.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(b) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(c) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(d) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
7. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) The friar.
(c) The Nurse.
8. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) Her father is wealthy.
(b) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(c) She will have a large inheritance.
(d) She has true love.
9. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(b) Planned by God.
10. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(b) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(c) The moon is constantly changing.
(d) The moon is symbolically evil.
11. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Six battles between families.
(b) Four battles between families.
(c) Two battles between families.
(d) Three battles between families.
12. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(b) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(c) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(d) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
13. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(c) Obvious to the audience.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
14. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(b) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(c) Juliet is a legal adult.
(d) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
15. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
(b) He was with Rosaline.
(c) He was fighting with Tybalt.
(d) He was hiding from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)