|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Make him cry.
(b) Anger him.
(c) Only make him hide longer.
(d) Cause him to come out from hiding.
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A beautiful book.
(b) A fish.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A beautiful horse.
3. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To the Montague's party.
(b) To the Capulet's party.
(c) To the friar's cell.
(d) To Romeo's party.
4. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Give a brief overview of the story.
(b) Tell the ending of the play.
(c) Reveal the murderers.
(d) Describe the town and the time period.
5. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) End the feud.
(b) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(c) Cause greater fighting among them.
(d) Allow more marriages between the families.
6. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
7. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(c) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(d) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
8. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
9. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(b) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(c) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(d) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
11. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(d) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
12. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(b) An allegory.
(d) A pun.
13. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(b) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(c) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(d) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
14. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(b) At Capulet's party that evening.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
15. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(b) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(c) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(d) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
2. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
3. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
4. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
5. Romeo arranges to send a man to the nurse with _______________.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)