|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go home without Romeo.
(b) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(c) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(d) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
2. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
3. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(b) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
5. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She has true love.
(b) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(c) She will have a large inheritance.
(d) Her father is wealthy.
6. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(b) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(c) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(d) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
7. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He wishes to marry her the next day.
8. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to his father's house for dinner.
(b) Come to the Capulet's party.
(c) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
(d) Come to view other beauties.
9. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
10. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He has no intention of getting married.
(b) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(c) The girl he loves does not love him.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
11. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
(a) Lying to his parents.
(b) Being indifferent to Juliet's love.
(c) Lying to Juliet.
(d) Being fickle in love.
12. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
13. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Proves he is an honorable man.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Does not make him her enemy.
(d) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
14. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Joy and delight.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
15. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)