|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) If Romeo can read.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(b) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(c) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(d) Her potential marriage to Paris.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
5. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To the Capulet's party.
(b) To Romeo's party.
(c) To the Montague's party.
(d) To the friar's cell.
6. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
(a) Running into Tybalt.
(b) Marrying Juliet for her money.
(c) Falsely leading Juliet on.
(d) Losing Capulet's blessing.
7. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
8. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They make confession.
(b) They are married.
(c) They promise him to behave.
(d) They talk to their parents.
9. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Verona, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
10. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
11. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
12. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Wise beyond her years.
(b) Too hasty.
(c) Upsetting to her parents.
(d) Simple or foolish.
13. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave his friends and go home.
(b) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(d) Go home with his friends.
14. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In sadness.
(b) In violence.
(c) In social standing.
(d) In relation to Prince Escalus.
15. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)