|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To the Montague's party.
(b) To Romeo's party.
(c) To the friar's cell.
(d) To the Capulet's party.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Obvious to the audience.
(b) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(d) Covered during the events of the play.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Wise beyond her years.
(b) Too hasty.
(c) Simple or foolish.
(d) Upsetting to her parents.
6. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
7. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
8. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He is still pining for Rosaline.
(b) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
(c) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(d) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
9. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding families.
(b) From different countries.
(c) From feuding kingdoms.
(d) From different towns.
10. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(b) Leave his friends and go home.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(d) Go home with his friends.
11. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
(a) Being fickle in love.
(b) Lying to his parents.
(c) Lying to Juliet.
(d) Being indifferent to Juliet's love.
12. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Romeo to arrive.
(c) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
13. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of war.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
14. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The prince's exile of both families.
(c) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A final, decisive battle.
15. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
(b) He was with Rosaline.
(c) He was hiding from his father.
(d) He was fighting with Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
2. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)