Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is the play called "The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet"?
2. What is the cause of the current feud between the two families, according to the Act 1 prologue?
3. What, according to the Act 1 prologue, will comprise the traffic of the stage?
4. How are Romeo and Juliet's families alike, and why might this be important?
5. What are Sampson and Gregory saying about the Montagues as they approach the city square?
6. What gesture does Sampson make toward Abram?
7. What is Benvolio trying to do as the fight breaks out in the square?
8. Why is Prince Escalus angry with the Montagues and Capulets?
9. How does Capulet respond to Paris' proposal to court Juliet?
10. How do Romeo and Benvolio find themselves invited to a party at the Capulet's?
11. What freedom does Capulet seem to be offering Juliet in her choices for marriage?
12. Why does Benvolio attempt to convince Romeo to pursue other loves?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)