|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(b) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(c) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(d) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
2. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
(a) Lying to Juliet.
(b) Being fickle in love.
(c) Lying to his parents.
(d) Being indifferent to Juliet's love.
3. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Avoiding his friends all day.
(b) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(c) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(d) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
4. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The nurse comforts him.
(b) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(c) The priest tells him he is banished.
(d) The priest tells him to leave town.
5. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
5. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)