|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) His parents oppose the match.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) The girl he loves does not love him.
(d) He is already engaged to Juliet.
2. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(b) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Listing Juliet's virtues.
5. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) Directions to Capulet's house.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
4. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)