|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(b) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
(c) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(c) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(d) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) The girl he loves does not love him.
4. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(b) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
(c) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(d) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)