|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
(a) That Juliet refuses to marry him.
(b) That Juliet is already married to Romeo.
(c) That Juliet is too grief-stricken to speak with him.
(d) That Juliet is too upset over Romeo to come downstairs.
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
(a) Has ordered him to leave town with Juliet.
(b) Has ordered him banished, not killed.
(c) Has ordered him to apologize to the Capulets.
(d) Has ordered Romeo to appear before him.
4. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(b) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(c) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(d) Stay away from Tybalt.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
2. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
4. Where does the play take place?
5. Romeo dares death to ________________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)