|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) Members of both families have killed one another.
(b) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(c) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(d) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Propose to Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Pursue Juliet.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
3. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(b) An allegory.
(d) A pun.
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(b) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(c) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(d) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(b) Bribe the guards to let him in.
(c) Marry Rosaline.
(d) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
2. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
3. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
4. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
5. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)