|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(c) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(d) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
2. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Capulet.
(b) Lady Montague.
(d) The nurse.
3. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(b) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(c) Apologize to Capulet.
(d) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
4. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(c) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(d) The Prince forgives Romeo.
5. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Avoiding his friends all day.
(b) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(c) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(d) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)