|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Romeo's pride.
(b) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
(c) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
(d) Tybalt's taunts.
2. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
(b) The potion might actually be a poison.
(c) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(d) The potion might give her amnesia.
4. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to his father's house for dinner.
(b) Come to the Capulet's party.
(c) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
(d) Come to view other beauties.
5. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
(b) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
(c) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(d) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
3. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)