|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(b) Declared her love for him openly.
(c) Encouraged him modestly.
(d) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
2. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Paris has already arrived.
(b) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
(c) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(d) Juliet will wake up soon.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(b) Call for Romeo.
(c) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(d) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
4. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(c) A pun.
(d) An allegory.
5. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
4. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
5. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)