|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(c) The nurse.
(d) Lady Capulet.
2. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(b) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(c) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(d) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
4. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The goddess Diana.
(b) An Ethiopian princess.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
5. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Means he must have been lying to her.
(b) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(c) Proves he is an honorable man.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
4. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
5. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)