|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
(a) Being fickle in love.
(b) Lying to Juliet.
(c) Lying to his parents.
(d) Being indifferent to Juliet's love.
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She has only bad news.
(b) She could not find Romeo.
(c) She is too hungry to talk.
(d) She is too tired to talk.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Ignorance and illiteracy.
4. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(c) Juliet's love for Paris.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Naples, Italy.
(c) Verona, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
2. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
3. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
5. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)