|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Have to leave without him.
(b) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(c) Be forced to marry Paris.
(d) Suffocate in the tomb.
2. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Her disobedience.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Marrying Romeo.
(d) Talking back to them.
3. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Paris has already arrived.
(b) Juliet will wake up soon.
(c) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(d) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) Their social classes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) The distance between their homes.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
2. Where does the play take place?
3. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
4. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
5. Why does the apothecary finally take Romeo's money?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)