|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(b) She will be married that same day.
(c) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(d) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) His parents oppose the match.
(b) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(c) The girl he loves does not love him.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(b) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(c) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(b) Inciting violence.
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(b) They cannot reveal it legally.
(c) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(d) They do not really know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
3. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
5. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)