|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(b) Leave his friends and go home.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(d) Go home with his friends.
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
5. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)