|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
2. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
3. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) The friar.
(d) The Nurse.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
(d) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Naples, Italy.
(b) Verona, Italy.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse tells Capulet to go to bed so that ______________.
2. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
3. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
5. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)