|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Too hasty.
(b) Simple or foolish.
(c) Wise beyond her years.
(d) Upsetting to her parents.
2. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
(a) Juliet's upcoming marriage to Paris.
(b) Juliet's love for Paris.
(c) Juliet's love for Romeo.
(d) Juliet's divorce from Romeo.
3. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
(a) Refusing to deliver the letter has caused many deaths.
(b) Refusing to deliver the letter was a crime.
(c) Neglecting the letter would get him in trouble.
(d) Neglecting the letter could cause danger.
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) A hefty fine.
(d) With their lives.
5. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(b) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(c) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(d) Romeo cries like a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
3. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
5. What news does Balthasar give Romeo at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)