|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(c) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(d) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
2. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(b) trying to wake Juliet.
(c) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(d) preparing for the wedding day.
3. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Romeo to arrive.
(b) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
4. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
(a) Refusing to deliver the letter has caused many deaths.
(b) Neglecting the letter would get him in trouble.
(c) Neglecting the letter could cause danger.
(d) Refusing to deliver the letter was a crime.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) Juliet's dowry.
(d) Juliet's consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
2. In Act 4, Scene 5, Capulet compares Juliet to what?
3. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
4. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)