|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
(a) She wants to believe Romeo will come and see her.
(b) She wants to believe it is still dark so Romeo can stay.
(c) She wants to believe it is still dark so the Capulets will not see Romeo leaving.
(d) She believes the nightingale is lucky and will protect Romeo.
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) With their lives.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) A hefty fine.
(d) For all the damage done.
3. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(b) She has always been obedient to him.
(c) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(d) She has always planned to marry Paris.
4. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Kill Paris.
(b) Run away tonight.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Tell her parents the truth.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet calls the servant "loggerhead," which means __________.
2. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
3. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
4. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)