|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Joy and delight.
2. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He did not see her at the party.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
3. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Nurse.
(d) The friar.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Propose to Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friar Laurence tells Friar John that ____________.
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
3. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
4. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)