|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(b) Make everyone feel better.
(c) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(d) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Propose to Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
3. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave his friends and go home.
(b) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(c) Go home with his friends.
(d) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
4. When Romeo hears the news about Juliet, he plans to do what?
(a) Kill himself so he can be with her again.
(b) Go back to Verona to seek revenge.
(c) Kill himself in front of the Capulets.
(d) Beg the friar for poison in order to kill himself.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, in Act 5, Scene 1, Romeo's dreams have hinted at _____________.
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)