|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) The Prince's permission.
(c) Juliet's consent.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too rough.
(c) Too heavy.
(d) Too tender.
3. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Propose to Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(b) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
3. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)