|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Fire and gunpowder.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Swords and guns.
(d) Gunpowder and bullets.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(b) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(c) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(d) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
3. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave him be.
(b) Go to bed and rest before the wedding.
(c) Waken Juliet because Paris has already arrived.
(d) Go chat with Paris.
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek her own husband.
(b) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(c) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(d) Seek happy nights to happy days.
5. Why is Juliet ready to go to church, but "never to return"?
(a) Because she will live with Paris after the wedding.
(b) Because she is still angry with Capulet, and will not return home with him.
(c) Because she will go to church for her funeral, but never come home.
(d) Because she will leave Verona for Mantua soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
3. Friar Laurence advises the Capulets to do what in Act 4, Scene 5?
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)