|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Friar John come to visit Friar Laurence in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) He has come to tell Friar Laurence he could not deliver Romeo's letter.
(b) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that Juliet is dead.
(c) He has come to tell Friar Laurence to go get Juliet from the vault.
(d) He has come to tell Friar Laurence that he is sick.
2. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A ring.
(b) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(c) An apology.
(d) A necklace.
3. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(b) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(c) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(d) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
5. What is the Prince's judgment for Romeo at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Prince forgives Romeo.
(b) The Prince sentences Romeo to live in prison.
(c) The Prince exiles Romeo.
(d) The Prince sentences Romeo to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)