|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(b) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(c) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
3. Who discovers that Juliet appears to be dead?
(a) The nurse.
(b) Lady Capulet.
4. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) The girl he loves does not love him.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
2. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
3. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
4. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)