|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(b) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(c) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(d) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
2. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(b) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(c) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
3. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(b) Seek her own husband.
(c) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(d) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
4. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) He feels the families have made him rotten.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) Their feud has caused his death.
5. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(c) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(d) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
3. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
4. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)