|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
2. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Tell her parents the truth.
(b) Run away tonight.
(c) Kill Paris.
(d) Kill herself.
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) In heavy prison sentences.
(b) A hefty fine.
(c) With their lives.
(d) For all the damage done.
4. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(b) Do his worst.
(c) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(d) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
5. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(b) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(c) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(d) She is much smarter than Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
2. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
4. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
5. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)