|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
3. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Be forced to marry Paris.
(b) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(c) Suffocate in the tomb.
(d) Have to leave without him.
4. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(b) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(c) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(d) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(b) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
2. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
3. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
4. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)