|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(b) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(c) Seek her own husband.
(d) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
2. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(b) Prince Escalus.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Capulet and Montague.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(b) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(c) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(d) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
4. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(d) Support from friends.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A sea nourished with tears.
(c) A clenching pain in the heart.
(d) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
5. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)