|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
3. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(b) Romeo cries like a girl.
(c) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(d) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The feud between the families.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
5. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Apologize to Capulet.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo dares death to ________________.
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
3. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
4. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
5. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)