|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Obvious to the audience.
(b) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(d) Covered during the events of the play.
2. The nurse arrives in Act 3, Scene 5 to tell Juliet what?
(a) Her mother is coming to speak to her.
(b) Her mother is coming to take her to church.
(c) She will have to tell Romeo to leave.
(d) She will be married that same day.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Forget Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Juliet's dowry.
(c) Lady Capulet's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
2. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)