|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(b) Romeo cries like a girl.
(c) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(d) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
2. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Three battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Two battles between families.
(d) Four battles between families.
3. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) A simile.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An oxymoron.
(d) An allusion.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's age.
(b) Paris' social position.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(b) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
5. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)