|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A husband named Romeo.
(b) A son of her own named Jule.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A sister named Susan.
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(b) Avoiding his friends all day.
(c) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(d) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(b) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
4. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
5. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Prince Escalus.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(d) Capulet and Montague.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
2. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
3. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
4. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
5. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)