|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Romeo's pride.
(b) Tybalt's taunts.
(c) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
(d) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
2. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
(b) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
(c) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(d) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A final, decisive battle.
(c) The prince's exile of both families.
(d) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
(b) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(c) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)