|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(b) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(c) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
2. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Threatens to hit her.
(b) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(c) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(d) Threatens to disown her.
3. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Tell the ending of the play.
(b) Describe the town and the time period.
(c) Reveal the murderers.
(d) Give a brief overview of the story.
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Obvious to the audience.
(b) Covered during the events of the play.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(c) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(d) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
4. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
5. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)