|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(b) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(c) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(d) Avoiding his friends all day.
2. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(b) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(c) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
3. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(b) She has always been obedient to him.
(c) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(d) She has always wanted a big wedding.
4. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(b) Stay away from Tybalt.
(c) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(d) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
5. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Bankruptcy in both families.
(b) Violence and death in both families.
(c) Social ostracization for both families.
(d) Political exile for both families.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
4. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)