|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They can sneak in without being caught.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(d) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) With their lives.
(d) A hefty fine.
5. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Make everyone feel better.
(b) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(c) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(d) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3 Romeo confesses that he has come to see the friar because ___________.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)