|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Suffocate in the tomb.
(b) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(c) Have to leave without him.
(d) Be forced to marry Paris.
2. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) Cause greater fighting among them.
(b) Allow more marriages between the families.
(c) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(d) End the feud.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Capulet and Montague.
(d) Prince Escalus.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They are not of the house of Montague.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
2. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
5. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)