|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A clenching pain in the heart.
(c) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
3. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Make everyone feel better.
(b) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(c) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(d) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
4. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Three battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Two battles between families.
(d) Four battles between families.
5. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(c) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(d) Stay away from Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
3. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
4. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)