|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(b) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(c) Bribe the guards to let him in.
(d) Marry Rosaline.
2. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
3. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(b) Do his worst.
(c) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(d) Come and take him now while he is in church.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
5. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(b) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
5. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)