|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He is still pining for Rosaline.
(b) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(c) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(d) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
2. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) Allow more marriages between the families.
(b) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(c) Cause greater fighting among them.
(d) End the feud.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(c) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(d) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
4. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They make confession.
(b) They talk to their parents.
(c) They promise him to behave.
(d) They are married.
5. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(b) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(c) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Capulet plan to speak to Juliet about in the morning?
2. Where does the play take place?
3. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)