|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) The Nurse.
(d) The friar.
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(b) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(c) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(d) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Capulet and Montague.
(c) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(d) Prince Escalus.
5. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She is too tired to talk.
(b) She could not find Romeo.
(c) She has only bad news.
(d) She is too hungry to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
2. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
3. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)