|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Forget Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
2. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Good morrow.
(d) Bon voyage.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Madness and imprisonment.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Joy and delight.
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
5. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet informs Paris of what?
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)