|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Lurk where serpents are.
(b) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(c) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
(d) Leap off a tower battlement.
2. What finally causes Romeo to fight?
(a) Romeo's pride.
(b) Tybalt's taunts.
(c) Mercutio's death and Tybalt's triumph.
(d) Mercutio's condemnation of the families.
3. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(b) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(c) Romeo cries like a girl.
(d) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
4. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(b) Members of both families have killed one another.
(c) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(d) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(b) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(c) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(d) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)