|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
(a) The nurse knows she is planning to take the potion.
(b) The friar is still planning to marry her off to Paris.
(c) The potion might give her amnesia.
(d) The potion might actually be a poison.
2. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
(a) Romeo wants Tybalt to fight Mercutio instead.
(b) Romeo is trying to respect Tybalt as Juliet's family since they are now married.
(c) Romeo is trying to trick Tybalt into letting his guard down.
(d) Romeo wants Tybalt to believe he is forgiving.
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go visit Juliet.
(b) Go bury Mercutio.
(c) Go see his father.
(d) Go see the Prince.
4. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(b) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)