|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
(a) Their feud has finally ended peacefully.
(b) Their feud has caused his death.
(c) He feels the families have used him for bait.
(d) He feels the families have made him rotten.
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(b) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(c) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(d) She pretends to be overjoyed.
3. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Do his worst.
(b) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(c) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(d) Come and take him now while he is in church.
4. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) Cause greater fighting among them.
(b) End the feud.
(c) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(d) Allow more marriages between the families.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(b) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(c) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(d) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
3. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
5. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)