|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They promise him to behave.
(b) They talk to their parents.
(c) They make confession.
(d) They are married.
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(b) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(c) Apologize to Capulet.
(d) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
3. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Romeo to arrive.
4. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) An oxymoron.
(b) An allusion.
(c) A simile.
(d) A metaphor.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too heavy.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
2. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)