|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) The feud between the families.
(c) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
2. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio is a Capulet, and she believes he is biased.
(b) Benvolio is a well-known liar.
(c) Benvolio is a Montague, and she believes he is biased.
(d) Benvolio has a reputation as a bully and a fighter.
3. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
(a) Juliet loves him back, where Rosaline did not.
(b) Juliet is wealthy, while Rosaline was not.
(c) Juliet is his enemy, while Rosaline was not.
(d) Rosaline loves him back, while Juliet did not.
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(b) Social status.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's consent.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
2. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
5. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)