|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
2. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(b) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(c) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(d) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
3. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
(a) Being fickle in love.
(b) Being indifferent to Juliet's love.
(c) Lying to Juliet.
(d) Lying to his parents.
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) A hefty fine.
(c) With their lives.
(d) In heavy prison sentences.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(d) He refuses to leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
4. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
5. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)