|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) Members of both families have killed one another.
(b) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(c) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(d) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To Romeo's party.
(b) To the Capulet's party.
(c) To the Montague's party.
(d) To the friar's cell.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go home without Romeo.
(b) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(c) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(d) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
4. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
(a) Juliet believes she can no longer trust the nurse.
(b) Juliet believes the nurse is kindly offering her wisdom.
(c) Juliet believes she should trust her old friend.
(d) Juliet believes the nurse has lost her mind.
5. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(b) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(c) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(d) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
3. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
4. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
5. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)