|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(c) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(d) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
2. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
(b) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
(c) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(d) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
3. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him to leave town.
(b) The priest tells him he is banished.
(c) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(d) The nurse comforts him.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Propose to Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too heavy.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too tender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
2. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
4. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
5. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)