|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(b) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(c) Do his worst.
(d) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
2. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He is still pining for Rosaline.
(b) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(c) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(d) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Political exile for both families.
(b) Violence and death in both families.
(c) Bankruptcy in both families.
(d) Social ostracization for both families.
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(c) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
5. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
(a) She wants to believe Romeo will come and see her.
(b) She wants to believe it is still dark so the Capulets will not see Romeo leaving.
(c) She wants to believe it is still dark so Romeo can stay.
(d) She believes the nightingale is lucky and will protect Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)