|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) Directions to Capulet's house.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
2. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Prince Escalus.
3. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(c) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to compete with Paris.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will gain her money with the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
2. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)