|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(c) A starry night.
(d) A child who has a new mansion.
2. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(b) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(c) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(d) She says she is done with Juliet.
3. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Avoiding his friends all day.
(b) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(c) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(d) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's age.
(b) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(c) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(d) Paris' social position.
5. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(d) Support from friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
2. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
5. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)