|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
3. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(b) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
4. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Joy and delight.
(b) Madness and imprisonment.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Illness and a cure.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
3. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
4. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)