|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) He would be angry if he found out.
(d) She does not believe the nurse.
2. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Threatens to disown her.
(b) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(c) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
(d) Threatens to hit her.
3. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They talk to their parents.
(b) They promise him to behave.
(c) They are married.
(d) They make confession.
4. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To Romeo's party.
(b) To the Capulet's party.
(c) To the Montague's party.
(d) To the friar's cell.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
2. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
5. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)