|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
(b) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(c) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
(d) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
2. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Hiding in the Capulet orchard.
(b) Hiding in the friar's cell.
(c) Hiding at his father's home.
(d) Hiding at the burial vault.
3. What is Paris' response to the scheduled wedding date?
(a) He wishes he had more time to prepare.
(b) He wishes it were over.
(c) He wishes it would come sooner.
(d) He wishes Juliet would make up her mind.
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) An apology.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A child who has a new mansion.
(b) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(c) A starry night.
(d) A sober-suited matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)