|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Joy and delight.
2. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) Cause greater fighting among them.
(b) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(c) End the feud.
(d) Allow more marriages between the families.
3. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) The nurse.
(c) Lady Capulet.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
3. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
4. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)