|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
3. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Capulet.
(c) Lady Montague.
(d) The nurse.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
5. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(b) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(c) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(d) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
3. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
4. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
5. Why does Lady Capulet doubt Benvolio's version of the events of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)