|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
(a) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Juliet.
(b) Romeo was lying about his feelings for Rosaline.
(c) Romeo was simply distracting himself from his feelings for Rosaline by courting Juliet.
(d) Romeo was simply playing the part of a lover, but not really in love.
2. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(a) Planned by God.
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go see the Prince.
(b) Go see his father.
(c) Go visit Juliet.
(d) Go bury Mercutio.
4. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
5. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
(b) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(c) She will say she is going to confession.
(d) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
2. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
3. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)