|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(b) The moon is constantly changing.
(c) The moon is symbolically evil.
(d) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
2. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Violence and death in both families.
(b) Bankruptcy in both families.
(c) Social ostracization for both families.
(d) Political exile for both families.
3. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A pun.
(c) A simile.
(d) An allegory.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(b) He is now bitter about love.
(c) He did not see her at the party.
(d) He is now in love with Juliet.
5. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek her own husband.
(b) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(c) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(d) Seek happy nights to happy days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
3. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
4. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)