|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(b) Social status.
2. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The goddess Diana.
(b) An Ethiopian princess.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A beautiful horse.
(b) A beautiful book.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A fish.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(d) Meet Juliet in the city square.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
3. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Mercutio says the two houses have made "worm's meat" of him because ___________________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)