|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Hiding in the Capulet orchard.
(b) Hiding at his father's home.
(c) Hiding at the burial vault.
(d) Hiding in the friar's cell.
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, Capulet tells Lady Capulet to do what?
(a) Prepare Juliet for the wedding tonight.
(b) Have the nurse prepare Juliet for the wedding.
(c) Invite six guests to the wedding.
(d) Prepare Juliet for Tybalt's funeral.
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(b) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(c) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(d) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
5. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
(a) His name is hard to pronounce in Italian.
(b) He cannot remember his name.
(c) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and he is afraid to identify himself at her home.
(d) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and therefore hateful to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. Where does the play take place?
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)