|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Gunpowder and bullets.
(b) Swords and guns.
(c) Fire and water.
(d) Fire and gunpowder.
2. Who dies during Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Benvolio and Tybalt.
(b) Tybalt and Balthasar.
(c) Mercutio and Tybalt.
(d) Mercutio and Benvolio.
3. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(b) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(c) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
(d) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
4. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) The moon is symbolically evil.
(b) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(c) The moon is constantly changing.
(d) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was with Rosaline.
(b) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
(c) He was fighting with Tybalt.
(d) He was hiding from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
2. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
3. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
4. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)