|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Prince Escalus.
2. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
3. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt has challenged Mercutio.
(b) Tybalt has challenged Romeo.
(c) Tybalt has challenged Benvolio.
(d) Tybalt has challenged Paris.
4. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
5. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They are married.
(b) They make confession.
(c) They promise him to behave.
(d) They talk to their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
2. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
3. Why does Romeo refuse to fight Tybalt?
4. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
5. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)