|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
(b) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
(c) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(d) She will say she is going to confession.
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(c) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
3. The marriage of Paris and Juliet has been planned for what day?
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An apology.
(b) A ring.
(c) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(d) A necklace.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
4. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)