|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(d) Support from friends.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(b) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
(c) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(d) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
3. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(b) Romeo cries like a girl.
(c) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(d) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
4. Capulet believes Juliet will cooperate with the wedding plans fully because __________________.
(a) She has always planned to marry Paris.
(b) He knows she secretly loves Parie.
(c) She has always wanted a big wedding.
(d) She has always been obedient to him.
5. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) Lady Capulet.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
2. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)