|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She could not find Romeo.
(b) She is too tired to talk.
(c) She is too hungry to talk.
(d) She has only bad news.
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
4. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Social ostracization for both families.
(b) Violence and death in both families.
(c) Political exile for both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was hiding from his father.
(b) He was fighting with Tybalt.
(c) He was with Rosaline.
(d) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
5. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)