|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go home without Romeo.
(b) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(c) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(d) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, the friar believes Romeo never went to bed because ___________.
(a) He was fighting with Tybalt.
(b) He was carousing drunkenly with his friends.
(c) He was hiding from his father.
(d) He was with Rosaline.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Too hasty.
(b) Upsetting to her parents.
(c) Wise beyond her years.
(d) Simple or foolish.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(b) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
5. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
2. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
3. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)