|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From different towns.
(b) From different countries.
(c) From feuding families.
(d) From feuding kingdoms.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
3. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Paris' social position.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Propose to Rosaline.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) With their lives.
(b) For all the damage done.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) A hefty fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)