|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(b) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(c) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(d) Avoiding his friends all day.
2. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt has challenged Benvolio.
(b) Tybalt has challenged Paris.
(c) Tybalt has challenged Romeo.
(d) Tybalt has challenged Mercutio.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(b) Inciting violence.
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek her own husband.
(b) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(c) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(d) Seek love wherever she can find it.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(b) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(c) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(d) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
3. In Act 2, Scene 3 Romeo confesses that he has come to see the friar because ___________.
4. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
5. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)