|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(b) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(c) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(d) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
5. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
(a) Cause greater fighting among them.
(b) End the feud.
(c) Cause the Prince to lift the law against fighting.
(d) Allow more marriages between the families.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
2. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
3. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)