|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
(a) Falsely leading Juliet on.
(b) Losing Capulet's blessing.
(c) Marrying Juliet for her money.
(d) Running into Tybalt.
2. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Romeo to arrive.
3. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to compete with Paris.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to gain her father's approval.
4. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(b) At the Prince's party that evening.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At Capulet's party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
5. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)