|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
(a) Falsely leading Juliet on.
(b) Running into Tybalt.
(c) Marrying Juliet for her money.
(d) Losing Capulet's blessing.
2. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(c) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(d) Stay away from Tybalt.
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Proves he is an honorable man.
(b) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(c) Means he must have been lying to her.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
4. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(b) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(c) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(d) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
5. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Anger him.
(b) Only make him hide longer.
(c) Make him cry.
(d) Cause him to come out from hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
2. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)