|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave his friends and go home.
(b) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(c) Go home with his friends.
(d) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
2. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(b) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(c) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(d) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(c) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the friar says Romeo's love "could read by rote, that could not spell," what is he suggesting?
2. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
3. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
4. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)