|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(b) The feud between the families.
(c) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A final, decisive battle.
(b) The prince's exile of both families.
(c) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
3. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(b) A son of her own named Jule.
(c) A husband named Romeo.
(d) A sister named Susan.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(c) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
5. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Apologize to Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
2. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
3. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
4. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)