|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Romeo to arrive.
(b) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
2. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A son of her own named Jule.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A sister named Susan.
(d) A daughter of her own named Susan.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(b) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
4. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(b) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
2. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
4. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)