|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(b) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(c) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(d) Go home without Romeo.
2. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The nurse.
(b) Lady Montague.
(c) Lady Capulet.
3. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They are not of the house of Montague.
(b) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
4. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They do not really know each other.
(b) They cannot reveal it legally.
(c) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(d) They cannot reveal it to either family.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(b) Call for Romeo.
(c) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)