|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Joy and delight.
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She is too hungry to talk.
(b) She has only bad news.
(c) She could not find Romeo.
(d) She is too tired to talk.
3. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
(a) Juliet is wealthy, while Rosaline was not.
(b) Juliet loves him back, where Rosaline did not.
(c) Rosaline loves him back, while Juliet did not.
(d) Juliet is his enemy, while Rosaline was not.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' social position.
(b) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(c) Juliet's age.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Verona, Italy.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Naples, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
4. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
5. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)