|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
2. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
(a) Juliet is his enemy, while Rosaline was not.
(b) Juliet loves him back, where Rosaline did not.
(c) Rosaline loves him back, while Juliet did not.
(d) Juliet is wealthy, while Rosaline was not.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(b) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(c) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(d) Call for Romeo.
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Capulet and Montague.
(c) Prince Escalus.
(d) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)