|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The sun.
(b) The goddess Diana.
(c) An Ethiopian princess.
(d) The moon.
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(b) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(c) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(d) Juliet is a legal adult.
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Violence and death in both families.
(b) Social ostracization for both families.
(c) Political exile for both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
5. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Apologize to Capulet.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
2. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
3. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
4. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)