|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(c) Obvious to the audience.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
2. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
3. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Prince Escalus.
5. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) The friar.
(c) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)