|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(b) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(c) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(d) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek her own husband.
(b) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(c) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(d) Seek happy nights to happy days.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too heavy.
(b) Too rough.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too tender.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
4. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)