|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(c) Planned by God.
2. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
3. Romeo claims his love for Juliet is different from his love for Rosaline because ________________.
(a) Juliet is wealthy, while Rosaline was not.
(b) Juliet is his enemy, while Rosaline was not.
(c) Rosaline loves him back, while Juliet did not.
(d) Juliet loves him back, where Rosaline did not.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3 Romeo confesses that he has come to see the friar because ___________.
(a) He wants to marry Juliet today.
(b) He wants to avoid going home.
(c) He wants to make confession.
(d) He wants to marry Rosaline today.
5. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
5. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)