|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A final, decisive battle.
(d) The prince's exile of both families.
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In violence.
(b) In social standing.
(c) In sadness.
(d) In relation to Prince Escalus.
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(b) Covered during the events of the play.
(d) Obvious to the audience.
4. Romeo arranges to send a man to the nurse with _______________.
(a) Money to escape to Mantua with him.
(b) Ropes to tie up the guard so he can climb to Juliet's room.
(c) Ropes to make a ladder to climb to Juliet's room.
(d) Money to use as a bribe for the guards outside Juliet's room.
5. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Nurse.
(c) The friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
3. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)