|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(b) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(c) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(d) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
2. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Violence and death in both families.
(b) Political exile for both families.
(c) Social ostracization for both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A sister named Susan.
(d) A son of her own named Jule.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Upsetting to her parents.
(b) Simple or foolish.
(c) Wise beyond her years.
(d) Too hasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
2. Friar Laurence believes the alliance between families might _______________.
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)