|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(b) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(b) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(c) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(d) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
3. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The violence and hatred between their families.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The distance between their homes.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A beautiful horse.
(c) A beautiful book.
(d) A violent storm.
5. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A son of her own named Jule.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A sister named Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3 Romeo confesses that he has come to see the friar because ___________.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)