|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to view other beauties.
(b) Come to his father's house for dinner.
(c) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
(d) Come to the Capulet's party.
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(d) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Social ostracization for both families.
(b) Violence and death in both families.
(c) Political exile for both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
4. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Stay away from Tybalt.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(d) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
5. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)