|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Bankruptcy in both families.
(b) Social ostracization for both families.
(c) Political exile for both families.
(d) Violence and death in both families.
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
3. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Romeo to arrive.
(c) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
2. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)