|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(c) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(d) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(b) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(c) Juliet's age.
(d) Paris' social position.
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
3. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
5. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)