|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Does not make him her enemy.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Proves he is an honorable man.
(d) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(d) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
(a) Running into Tybalt.
(b) Losing Capulet's blessing.
(c) Falsely leading Juliet on.
(d) Marrying Juliet for her money.
4. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
5. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(c) A pun.
(d) An allegory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
2. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
4. Friar Laurence chastises Romeo for what?
5. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)