|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A sea nourished with tears.
(b) A clenching pain in the heart.
(c) A preserving sweet.
(d) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(a) Planned by God.
4. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(b) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
5. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) If Romeo can read.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
5. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)