|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A sister named Susan.
(b) A son of her own named Jule.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A husband named Romeo.
2. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Cause him to come out from hiding.
(b) Anger him.
(c) Only make him hide longer.
(d) Make him cry.
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3 Romeo confesses that he has come to see the friar because ___________.
(a) He wants to marry Rosaline today.
(b) He wants to make confession.
(c) He wants to marry Juliet today.
(d) He wants to avoid going home.
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) The moon is symbolically evil.
(b) The moon is constantly changing.
(c) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(d) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
2. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
5. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)