|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(b) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(c) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(d) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
4. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At the Prince's party that evening.
(d) At his wedding to Juliet.
5. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(b) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(c) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(d) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
2. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
4. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)