|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(b) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(c) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(d) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(b) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He did not see her at the party.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He is now in love with Juliet.
5. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(b) Leave his friends and go home.
(c) Go home with his friends.
(d) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)