|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(b) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(c) A pun.
(d) An allegory.
3. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Give a brief overview of the story.
(b) Describe the town and the time period.
(c) Tell the ending of the play.
(d) Reveal the murderers.
4. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(b) Members of both families have killed one another.
(c) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(d) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
3. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)