|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(c) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(d) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He refuses to leave the house.
(d) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
3. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(b) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(c) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
(d) He is still pining for Rosaline.
4. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Describe the town and the time period.
(b) Give a brief overview of the story.
(c) Reveal the murderers.
(d) Tell the ending of the play.
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
5. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)