|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
3. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Apologize to Capulet.
(b) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(c) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A beautiful horse.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A beautiful book.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) The violence and hatred between their families.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
2. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
3. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
4. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)