|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Teasing him about Juliet.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(d) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(b) Capulet and Montague.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Prince Escalus.
5. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Political exile for both families.
(b) Violence and death in both families.
(c) Bankruptcy in both families.
(d) Social ostracization for both families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
4. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)