|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
2. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Does not make him her enemy.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Proves he is an honorable man.
(d) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(d) Teasing him about Juliet.
4. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) An Ethiopian princess.
(d) The goddess Diana.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(b) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
4. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)