|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A beautiful book.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A fish.
2. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(c) Covered during the events of the play.
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(c) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(d) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Capulet and Montague.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(d) Prince Escalus.
5. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(b) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(c) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(d) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
2. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
3. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
4. Where does the play take place?
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)