|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(b) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(b) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(c) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(d) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(b) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(c) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(d) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
5. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Cause him to come out from hiding.
(b) Anger him.
(c) Make him cry.
(d) Only make him hide longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)