|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
2. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The goddess Diana.
(b) The moon.
(c) An Ethiopian princess.
(d) The sun.
3. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(b) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(c) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(d) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A beautiful horse.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A beautiful book.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
3. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
4. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
5. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)