|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' social position.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(d) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding families.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From feuding kingdoms.
(d) From different countries.
4. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
3. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
4. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)