|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He did not see her at the party.
(b) He is now bitter about love.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He is now in love with Juliet.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At the Prince's party that evening.
(c) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(d) At his wedding to Juliet.
3. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Three battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Two battles between families.
(d) Four battles between families.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' social position.
(b) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Juliet's age.
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The goddess Diana.
(b) An Ethiopian princess.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
4. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)