|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(b) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(c) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(d) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
2. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(b) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(c) The moon is symbolically evil.
(d) The moon is constantly changing.
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(b) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(c) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The moon.
(b) The goddess Diana.
(c) The sun.
(d) An Ethiopian princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
2. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
3. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
5. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)