|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(b) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(c) The moon is constantly changing.
(d) The moon is symbolically evil.
2. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He did not see her at the party.
(c) He is now in love with Juliet.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
3. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(b) Support from friends.
4. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Four hours.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(b) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
4. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)