|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(b) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(b) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(c) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
(d) Stay, then asks her to leave.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(b) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) A hefty fine.
(b) For all the damage done.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) With their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
2. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
3. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)