|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) With their lives.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) For all the damage done.
(d) A hefty fine.
2. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Teasing him about Juliet.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(d) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At his wedding to Juliet.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At Capulet's party that evening.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
4. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A beautiful book.
(b) A fish.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A violent storm.
5. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)