|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
2. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(b) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(c) Covered during the events of the play.
(d) Obvious to the audience.
3. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Make him cry.
(b) Only make him hide longer.
(c) Anger him.
(d) Cause him to come out from hiding.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(b) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Listing Juliet's virtues.
5. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
2. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)