|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of war.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now in love with Juliet.
(b) He did not see her at the party.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He is now bitter about love.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
5. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(b) Does not make him her enemy.
(c) Means he must have been lying to her.
(d) Proves he is an honorable man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
3. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)