|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now in love with Juliet.
(b) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(c) He did not see her at the party.
(d) He is now bitter about love.
2. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to gain her father's approval.
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(b) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(c) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
4. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)