|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(b) They cannot reveal it legally.
(c) They do not really know each other.
(d) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of war.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(b) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)