|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Make him cry.
(b) Anger him.
(c) Cause him to come out from hiding.
(d) Only make him hide longer.
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of war.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(d) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Propose to Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Leave Rosaline.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He refuses to leave the house.
(d) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
2. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)