|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) In heavy prison sentences.
(b) With their lives.
(c) A hefty fine.
(d) For all the damage done.
3. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(a) Support from friends.
4. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave his friends and go home.
(b) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(d) Go home with his friends.
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) The moon is symbolically evil.
(b) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(c) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(d) The moon is constantly changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)