|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Social ostracization for both families.
(b) Political exile for both families.
(c) Bankruptcy in both families.
(d) Violence and death in both families.
2. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too rough.
(b) Too heavy.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too tender.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)