|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Propose to Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Capulet and Montague.
(b) Prince Escalus.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Directions to Capulet's house.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too heavy.
(d) Too rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)