|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too heavy.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too rough.
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(b) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(c) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(d) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
4. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Bankruptcy in both families.
(b) Political exile for both families.
(c) Social ostracization for both families.
(d) Violence and death in both families.
5. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)