|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Six battles between families.
(b) Four battles between families.
(c) Three battles between families.
(d) Two battles between families.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(b) Inciting violence.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He has no intention of getting married.
(b) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) The girl he loves does not love him.
4. Where does the play take place?
(a) Naples, Italy.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) Verona, Italy.
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(d) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
5. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)