|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(b) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(d) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)