|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A pun.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A simile.
2. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(c) Planned by God.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Verona, Italy.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
2. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
4. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)