|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At his wedding to Juliet.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At the Prince's party that evening.
(d) At Capulet's party that evening.
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(b) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(c) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(d) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
5. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(b) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(c) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
3. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)