|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(b) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(c) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(d) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A final, decisive battle.
(d) The prince's exile of both families.
3. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Naples, Italy.
(c) Verona, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(b) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(c) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(d) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(d) Cupid is the god of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)