|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too tender.
(b) Too heavy.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too gentle.
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A final, decisive battle.
(c) The prince's exile of both families.
(d) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(b) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
3. Where does the play take place?
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)