|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Ignorance and illiteracy.
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A beautiful book.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A fish.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(b) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(c) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(d) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A clenching pain in the heart.
(b) A preserving sweet.
(c) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)