|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's age.
(b) Paris' social position.
(c) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(d) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
(c) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(d) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(d) Cupid is the god of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
2. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
5. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)