|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A beautiful horse.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A beautiful book.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of war.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Joy and delight.
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From different countries.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From feuding kingdoms.
(d) From feuding families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
2. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)