|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Describe the town and the time period.
(b) Tell the ending of the play.
(c) Reveal the murderers.
(d) Give a brief overview of the story.
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(c) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(d) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
5. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(b) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)