|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A simile.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A pun.
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(b) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(c) Juliet is a legal adult.
(d) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Reveal the murderers.
(b) Describe the town and the time period.
(c) Tell the ending of the play.
(d) Give a brief overview of the story.
5. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) The prince's exile of both families.
(b) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A final, decisive battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
4. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)