|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(b) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(c) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(d) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
2. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(c) Social status.
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(b) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(c) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too heavy.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too gentle.
(d) Too rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
4. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)