|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(b) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(c) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(d) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
2. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Three battles between families.
(b) Four battles between families.
(c) Six battles between families.
(d) Two battles between families.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(b) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(c) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(d) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(b) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(c) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(d) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
5. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek love wherever she can find it.
(b) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(c) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(d) Seek her own husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
5. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)