|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(b) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In relation to Prince Escalus.
(b) In violence.
(c) In social standing.
(d) In sadness.
3. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(b) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
4. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Give a brief overview of the story.
(b) Reveal the murderers.
(c) Tell the ending of the play.
(d) Describe the town and the time period.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(d) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
3. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)