|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The feud between the families.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He has no intention of getting married.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
3. Where does the play take place?
(a) Verona, Italy.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to compete with Paris.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
5. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)