|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will have to compete with Paris.
(d) He will have to gain her father's approval.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Covered during the events of the play.
(c) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(d) Obvious to the audience.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The prince's exile of both families.
(d) A final, decisive battle.
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)