|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(b) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(c) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(d) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
2. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) In heavy prison sentences.
(b) With their lives.
(c) For all the damage done.
(d) A hefty fine.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(c) Inciting violence.
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
5. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)