|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(b) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(c) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(d) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
2. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(c) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(d) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
4. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To the Montague's party.
(b) To the Capulet's party.
(c) To Romeo's party.
(d) To the friar's cell.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The feud between the families.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(d) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
4. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
5. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)