|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(b) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
2. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Social ostracization for both families.
(b) Political exile for both families.
(c) Violence and death in both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
3. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(b) A clenching pain in the heart.
(c) A sea nourished with tears.
(d) A preserving sweet.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Directions to Capulet's house.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(b) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will have to compete with Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)