|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
2. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Capulet and Montague.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Prince Escalus.
(d) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
4. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(a) Planned by God.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Verona, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)