|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) An allegory.
(c) A pun.
(d) A simile.
3. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(b) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(c) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(d) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
4. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Verona, Italy.
(d) Naples, Italy.
5. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)