|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Montague.
(b) Lady Capulet.
(d) The nurse.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too rough.
(b) Too heavy.
(c) Too tender.
(d) Too gentle.
3. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(c) A clenching pain in the heart.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
4. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
5. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(d) Covered during the events of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
3. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)