|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(b) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(c) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(d) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Propose to Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding kingdoms.
(b) From different towns.
(c) From different countries.
(d) From feuding families.
4. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
4. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)