|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From different countries.
(b) From feuding kingdoms.
(c) From feuding families.
(d) From different towns.
2. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(b) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(c) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(d) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
3. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(b) He refuses to leave the house.
(c) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(d) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
3. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)