|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(b) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(d) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In violence.
(b) In social standing.
(c) In relation to Prince Escalus.
(d) In sadness.
3. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(b) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(c) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(d) Apologize to Capulet.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
2. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)