|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At the Prince's party that evening.
(b) At Capulet's party that evening.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
3. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A beautiful book.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A fish.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of love.
5. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In sadness.
(b) In violence.
(c) In social standing.
(d) In relation to Prince Escalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)