|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(b) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(c) Juliet is a legal adult.
(d) She herself wants to marry Paris.
3. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A husband named Romeo.
(b) A sister named Susan.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A son of her own named Jule.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where does the play take place?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)