|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In sadness.
(b) In violence.
(c) In social standing.
(d) In relation to Prince Escalus.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(b) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
4. Finally, the nurse advises Juliet to ____________.
(a) Seek happy nights to happy days.
(b) Seek a husband who will stand up to her father.
(c) Seek her own husband.
(d) Seek love wherever she can find it.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At his wedding to Juliet.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At the Prince's party that evening.
(d) At Capulet's party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
3. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
4. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
5. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)