|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
3. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(b) A preserving sweet.
(c) A sea nourished with tears.
(d) A clenching pain in the heart.
4. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Naples, Italy.
(c) Verona, Italy.
(d) Florence, Italy.
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) A hefty fine.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) For all the damage done.
(d) With their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
4. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
5. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)