|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
(a) Naples, Italy.
(b) Verona, Italy.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Prince Escalus.
5. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(b) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(c) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(d) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
4. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)