|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
2. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Give a brief overview of the story.
(b) Tell the ending of the play.
(c) Reveal the murderers.
(d) Describe the town and the time period.
3. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(b) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(c) Juliet is a legal adult.
(d) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
4. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
(a) Violence and death in both families.
(b) Social ostracization for both families.
(c) Political exile for both families.
(d) Bankruptcy in both families.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Lady Capulet's permission.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) Juliet's dowry.
(d) The Prince's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
2. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)