|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(b) Covered during the events of the play.
(c) Obvious to the audience.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Lady Capulet's permission.
(b) The Prince's permission.
(c) Juliet's consent.
(d) Juliet's dowry.
4. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A sister named Susan.
(d) A son of her own named Jule.
5. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
2. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)