|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
3. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(d) Planned by God.
4. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
(a) A final, decisive battle.
(b) The deaths of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A desperate plea from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The prince's exile of both families.
5. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(d) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)