|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(b) Directions to Capulet's house.
(c) If Romeo can read.
(d) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(b) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(c) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(d) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Illness and a cure.
(d) Ignorance and illiteracy.
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Forget Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
3. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
4. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)