|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(b) Social status.
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
5. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
2. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)