|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(b) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(c) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(d) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
4. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(c) Planned by God.
5. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
2. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
3. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
5. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)