|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) A hefty fine.
(b) With their lives.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) For all the damage done.
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) Juliet is a legal adult.
(b) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(c) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(d) She herself wants to marry Paris.
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(b) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(c) Apologize to Capulet.
(d) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
5. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(b) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(c) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
3. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
4. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
5. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)