|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) Lady Capulet's permission.
(d) Juliet's dowry.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(b) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(c) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(d) Her potential marriage to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)