|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
(a) From feuding kingdoms.
(b) From different countries.
(c) From different towns.
(d) From feuding families.
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A sister named Susan.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A son of her own named Jule.
4. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(c) Covered during the events of the play.
(d) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
5. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)