|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(b) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(c) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
3. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Propose to Rosaline.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
4. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A son of her own named Jule.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(d) A sister named Susan.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Stay, then asks her to leave.
(b) Leave the room, then asks her to stay.
(c) Summon Capulet, then changes her mind.
(d) Call Juliet, then changes her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
4. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)