|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(d) Social status.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(b) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(c) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
(d) Her potential marriage to Paris.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Verona, Italy.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Naples, Italy.
(d) Rome, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)