|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
3. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(b) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(c) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(d) Members of both families have killed one another.
4. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) Juliet is a legal adult.
(b) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(c) She herself wants to marry Paris.
(d) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
5. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(b) Capulet and Montague.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Prince Escalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)