|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) With their lives.
(d) A hefty fine.
2. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Describe the town and the time period.
(b) Tell the ending of the play.
(c) Give a brief overview of the story.
(d) Reveal the murderers.
3. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(b) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
3. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)