|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At the Prince's party that evening.
(b) At his wedding to Juliet.
(c) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(d) At Capulet's party that evening.
2. Juliet's behavior toward her mother could be described as __________.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Prince Escalus.
(d) Capulet and Montague.
4. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
(a) In relation to Prince Escalus.
(b) In sadness.
(c) In violence.
(d) In social standing.
5. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. Where does the play take place?
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
4. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
5. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)