|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Juliet's dowry.
(c) Lady Capulet's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Pursue Juliet.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of war.
4. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(b) Planned by God.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
3. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
4. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)