|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Two battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Four battles between families.
(d) Three battles between families.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
3. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(a) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(b) Covered during the events of the play.
(c) Obvious to the audience.
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(b) Social status.
5. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
2. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
3. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
4. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
5. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)