|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(b) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(c) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
(d) Members of both families have killed one another.
3. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Prince Escalus.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
5. How does the word dignity in line 1 of the prologue suggest both houses are alike?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)