|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A husband named Romeo.
(b) A daughter of her own named Susan.
(c) A sister named Susan.
(d) A son of her own named Jule.
2. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) The nurse.
(c) Lady Montague.
(d) Lady Capulet.
3. in Act 1, Scene, what does Juliet agrees to do?
(a) Discuss marriage with Paris that evening.
(b) Consider Paris as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
(c) Consider marriage, but not with Paris.
(d) Consider Romeo as a husband, if that is what her parents want.
4. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(c) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
(d) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A clenching pain in the heart.
(c) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
4. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)