|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Verona, Italy.
(d) Naples, Italy.
2. The nurse's long speech in Act 1, Scene 3 reveals she had what?
(a) A sister named Susan.
(b) A husband named Romeo.
(c) A son of her own named Jule.
(d) A daughter of her own named Susan.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Directions to Capulet's house.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A preserving sweet.
(b) A clenching pain in the heart.
(c) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(d) A sea nourished with tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
4. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)