|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They are not of the house of Montague.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
2. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A clenching pain in the heart.
(b) A preserving sweet.
(c) A sea nourished with tears.
(d) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
3. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A fish.
(c) A beautiful horse.
(d) A beautiful book.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet has summons Juliet to discuss what?
(a) Her potential marriage to Romeo.
(b) Her potential marriage to Paris.
(c) Her potential meeting with Romeo at the party.
(d) Ger permission to attend confession with the nurse.
5. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
(a) Give a brief overview of the story.
(b) Describe the town and the time period.
(c) Tell the ending of the play.
(d) Reveal the murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. In Act 1, Prologue, the chorus asks the audience to be what?
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)