|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Capulet and Montague.
(b) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Prince Escalus.
2. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(b) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
3. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(c) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(d) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
4. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Propose to Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
5. Who is looking for Juliet at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lady Capulet.
(c) Lady Montague.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How long does the prologue predict the play will be?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)