|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. Lady Capulet compares Paris to what?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A beautiful horse.
(c) A beautiful book.
(d) A fish.
3. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She could not find Romeo.
(b) She is too hungry to talk.
(c) She has only bad news.
(d) She is too tired to talk.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
(b) So she can let Romeo in.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
5. Why does Romeo visit the apothecary in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He wants to buy poison to kill Paris.
(b) He wants to buy a potion to fake his own death.
(c) He wants to buy poison so he can kill himself and be with Juliet.
(d) He wants to buy a potion to wake Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
3. The prologue is supposed to ______________.
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Friar Laurence heads to the burial monument in Act 5, Scene 2 because _____________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)