|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Pursue Juliet.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Teasing him about Juliet.
(d) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A starry night.
(b) A sober-suited matron.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A child who has a new mansion.
5. Why does Lady Capulet not feel Juliet is too young to get married?
(a) She herself was a mother at Juliet's age.
(b) Juliet is a legal adult.
(c) She wants Juliet to become a mother soon.
(d) She herself wants to marry Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurse's attitude toward Paris could be described as what?
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What ultimately ends the feud between the Capulets and Montagues?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
5. How does Juliet react to the nurse's suggestion that she marry Paris?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)