|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Prince Escalus.
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
3. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(b) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(c) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(d) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
4. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(b) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(c) Stay away from Tybalt.
(d) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
5. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to view other beauties.
(b) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
(c) Come to the Capulet's party.
(d) Come to his father's house for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Romeo and Juliet are ______________.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)