Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) The girl he loves does not love him.
(b) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(b) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(c) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(d) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
4. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it legally.
(b) They do not really know each other.
(c) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(d) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Pursue Juliet.
(c) Forget Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
2. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
3. The feud between the Capulets and Montagues has caused ______________.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Lady Capulet first asks the nurse to do what?
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)