Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civil blood has made civil hands unclean because ____________.
(a) The families' actions have made murder an acceptable act.
(b) Members of both families have joined the prince's war.
(c) Members of both families have killed one another.
(d) All of the town's civilians are killing one another.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(b) Social status.
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Prince Escalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
3. The grudge between feuding families is described as _______.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)