|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo and Juliet's love is described as star-crossed, which means ____________.
(a) Planned by God.
2. The chorus promises that anything left out of the prologue will be __________.
(b) Obvious to the audience.
(c) Made clear in the prologues to other Acts.
(d) Covered during the events of the play.
3. The nurse's statement, "Women grow by men," alludes to what?
(a) Social status.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
5. The nurse's dialogue reveals Juliet's age to be how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
3. Where does the play take place?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)