|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Capulet and Montague.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(d) Prince Escalus.
2. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(b) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(c) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(d) She says she is done with Juliet.
3. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
5. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
4. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)