|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him he is banished.
(b) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(c) The nurse comforts him.
(d) The priest tells him to leave town.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Joy and delight.
3. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To the Montague's party.
(b) To the Capulet's party.
(c) To the friar's cell.
(d) To Romeo's party.
4. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) trying to wake Juliet.
(b) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(c) preparing for the wedding day.
(d) discussing recipes for the wedding.
5. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(b) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(c) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(d) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
3. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
4. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
5. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)