|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Tell her parents the truth.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Run away tonight.
(d) Kill Paris.
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
(b) Avoiding his friends all day.
(c) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(d) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
4. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
(a) trying to wake Juliet.
(b) discussing Juliet's dress for the wedding.
(c) discussing recipes for the wedding.
(d) preparing for the wedding day.
5. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Does not make him her enemy.
(b) Proves he is an honorable man.
(c) Means he must have been lying to her.
(d) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)