|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(b) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
2. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Prince Escalus.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. At the end of Act 3, Scene 3, Romeo leaves the friar to do what?
(a) Go visit Juliet.
(b) Go see his father.
(c) Go see the Prince.
(d) Go bury Mercutio.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(b) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(c) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(d) Call for Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
2. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)