|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(d) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
2. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(b) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(c) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(d) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
3. Capulet is in a rush in Act 4, Scene 4 because ______________.
(a) Juliet will wake up soon.
(b) Paris is anxious to get things started.
(c) Paris has already arrived.
(d) The friar will stop the wedding if they are caught.
4. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) The moon is symbolically evil.
(b) The moon is constantly changing.
(c) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(d) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
5. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
(a) The priest tells him to leave town.
(b) The nurse comforts him.
(c) The nurse gives him Juliet's ring.
(d) The priest tells him he is banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
3. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet has a fleeting suspicion that ______________.
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)