|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
(a) He refuses to leave the house.
(b) He has been part of so many brawls recently.
(c) He is in love with Rosaline, of whom they do not approve.
(d) He hides in his room and has been miserable lately.
2. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(b) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(c) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(d) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
3. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
(a) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and therefore hateful to him.
(b) His name is hard to pronounce in Italian.
(c) He cannot remember his name.
(d) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and he is afraid to identify himself at her home.
4. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(b) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(c) Do his worst.
(d) Come and take him now while he is in church.
5. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(c) Stay away from Tybalt.
(d) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
2. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
3. What is Romeo doing at the start of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
5. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)