|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They promise him to behave.
(b) They make confession.
(c) They are married.
(d) They talk to their parents.
2. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Apologize to Capulet.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
5. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
(a) Romeo is grieving because Juliet will not see him again.
(b) Romeo is overwrought with grief and refuses to be comforted.
(c) Romeo is only crying because his heart is broken.
(d) Romeo cries like a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
3. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
5. Finally, at the end of Act 4, Scene 4, Capulet tells the nurse to do what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)