|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(b) Make everyone feel better.
(c) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(d) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' social position.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
3. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
(a) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come get Juliet.
(b) Send a letter to Capulet telling him Juliet is not really dead.
(c) Send a letter to Romeo telling him to come home and confess.
(d) Send a letter to Romeo telling him Juliet is dead.
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(b) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
(c) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(d) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) The moon is symbolically evil.
(b) The moon is constantly changing.
(c) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(d) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
3. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)