|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Tell her parents the truth.
(b) Kill Paris.
(c) Run away tonight.
(d) Kill herself.
2. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
(a) She is a disciple of the goddess Diana, and will therefore become a nun.
(b) She is much smarter than Romeo.
(c) She is chaste, and therefore not interested in an affair with Romeo.
(d) She is interested in marriage only if it improves her social standing.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(b) The feud between the families.
(c) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
4. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(b) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(c) Do his worst.
(d) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
5. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Six battles between families.
(b) Three battles between families.
(c) Four battles between families.
(d) Two battles between families.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
2. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
3. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)