|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
(a) Plans to reschedule the wedding.
(b) Threatens to hit her.
(c) Threatens to disown her.
(d) Figures out she is already married to Romeo.
2. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
(a) Avoiding his friends all day.
(b) Leaving his friends at the dance so he could avoid Tybalt.
(c) Spending so much time talking to the nurse.
(d) Leaving his friends behind the previous night.
3. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
(a) He cannot remember his name.
(b) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and he is afraid to identify himself at her home.
(c) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and therefore hateful to him.
(d) His name is hard to pronounce in Italian.
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Romeo to arrive.
5. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Leap off a tower battlement.
(b) Murder Paris and Capulet.
(c) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
(d) Lurk where serpents are.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
3. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)