|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
(b) Come to the Capulet's party.
(c) Come to view other beauties.
(d) Come to his father's house for dinner.
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(b) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
3. The friar suggests Juliet consent to the marriage with Paris in order to ________________.
(a) Deceive her parents so she can go through with her plans.
(b) Postpone the wedding a few more days.
(c) Deceive Paris into thinking she loves him.
(d) Make everyone feel better.
4. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Proves he is an honorable man.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the nurse warn Romeo against?
(a) Losing Capulet's blessing.
(b) Falsely leading Juliet on.
(c) Marrying Juliet for her money.
(d) Running into Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Romeo arranges to send a man to the nurse with _______________.
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, the friar tells Romeo that the Prince ____________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)