|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
2. Juliet claims she would do all of the following to be with Romeo EXCEPT what?
(a) Leap off a tower battlement.
(b) Lurk where serpents are.
(c) Hide in a burial vault with dead bodies.
(d) Murder Paris and Capulet.
3. Mercutio asks Romeo to leave the nurse and do what?
(a) Come to his father's house for dinner.
(b) Come to the Capulet's party.
(c) Come to view other beauties.
(d) Come to meet Tybalt's challenge.
4. What does Juliet say to her mother and the nurse instead of "goodnight"?
(a) Bon voyage.
(b) Good morrow.
(d) Good riddance.
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(b) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
2. What name does Capulet call the nurse in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)