|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) With their lives.
(b) In heavy prison sentences.
(c) For all the damage done.
(d) A hefty fine.
2. What is Juliet's reaction to her mother's news that the wedding has been planned for Thursday?
(a) She pretends that she cannot hear her mother.
(b) She refuses to get married until Saturday.
(c) She pretends to be overjoyed.
(d) She refuses to go through with the wedding.
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(c) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(d) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
4. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Run away tonight.
(c) Tell her parents the truth.
(d) Kill Paris.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(b) At Capulet's party that evening.
(c) At the Prince's party that evening.
(d) At his wedding to Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
2. At the end of her speech in Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet drinks to who/what?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
4. When Romeo arrives in Act 2, Scene 4, he apologizes for ___________.
5. After Juliet takes the potion, the friar will do what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)