|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(b) Have to leave without him.
(c) Suffocate in the tomb.
(d) Be forced to marry Paris.
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) The girl he loves does not love him.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(c) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Too hasty.
(b) Upsetting to her parents.
(c) Simple or foolish.
(d) Wise beyond her years.
5. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Only make him hide longer.
(b) Cause him to come out from hiding.
(c) Anger him.
(d) Make him cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
2. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)