|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(b) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go home without Romeo.
(b) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(c) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(d) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(b) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
4. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
(a) Tybalt's ghost coming to take her to her grave.
(b) Tybalt's ghost seeking Romeo.
(c) Romeo standing in the window.
(d) Romeo's ghost come to take her to her grave.
5. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An apology.
(b) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
2. Juliet claims the nightingale is still singing because ________________.
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
4. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, Lady Capulet and the nurse are _____________.
5. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)