|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) A hefty fine.
(b) For all the damage done.
(c) With their lives.
(d) In heavy prison sentences.
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) An allegory.
(b) A pun.
(c) A simile.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(b) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(c) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
5. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(d) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to talk to Romeo in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
3. Before she falls unconscious, Juliet thinks she sees ______________.
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
5. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)