|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(b) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(c) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(d) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
2. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A pun.
(b) An allegory.
(d) A simile.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Prince Escalus.
4. in Act 2, Scene 4, why are Benvolio and Mercutio discussing Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt has challenged Benvolio.
(b) Tybalt has challenged Paris.
(c) Tybalt has challenged Mercutio.
(d) Tybalt has challenged Romeo.
5. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
(b) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(c) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(d) She says she is done with Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to speak to Romeo and the friar in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
3. Why does the friar tell Romeo his "tears are womanish"?
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)