|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(b) Go home with his friends.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(d) Leave his friends and go home.
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of war.
4. The friar claims he is uneasy about Paris' wedding to Juliet because _________________.
(a) It is being rushed, and Capulet is unsure of Paris' character.
(b) It is being rushed, and Paris is not sure of Juliet's feelings.
(c) Juliet has confessed she does not love Paris.
(d) It has been postponed so many times, he is sure Juliet does not return his feelings.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo finds relief from his anguish in Act 3, Scene 3 when _____________.
2. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
3. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)