|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(c) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(d) Cupid is the god of war.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(b) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(c) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(d) Go home without Romeo.
3. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Tell her parents the truth.
(b) Run away tonight.
(c) Kill Paris.
(d) Kill herself.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(d) Teasing him about Juliet.
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, Juliet asks the nurse to leave her alone _______________.
(a) So she can let Romeo in.
(b) So she can think about her upcoming wedding.
(c) So she can take the poison on her own.
(d) So she can escape to the friar's cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
2. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
3. When Capulet hears of Juliet's refusal to marry Paris, he does what?
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)