|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The potion Juliet plans to take will do what?
(a) Cause her to sleep peacefully until the wedding.
(b) Cause her to appear dead for almost two days.
(c) Cause her to forget she is married to Romeo.
(d) Cause her to die and come back to life.
2. Juliet worries that she will wake before Romeo arrives and
(a) Have to leave without him.
(b) Encounter Tybalt's ghost.
(c) Be forced to marry Paris.
(d) Suffocate in the tomb.
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Proves he is an honorable man.
(b) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(c) Means he must have been lying to her.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
4. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He has no intention of getting married.
(b) His parents oppose the match.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) The girl he loves does not love him.
5. How does Lady Capulet respond to Juliet's plea for help regarding the impending marriage to Paris?
(a) She says she will speak to Capulet.
(b) She says she is done with Juliet.
(c) She says Juliet should ask the nurse for help instead.
(d) She says she wants Juliet to go confess her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. Juliet threatens to do what in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)