|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(b) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(c) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(d) Call for Romeo.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Prince Escalus.
4. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(b) He is still pining for Rosaline.
(c) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(d) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
5. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)