|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) His parents oppose the match.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
2. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(b) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(c) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(d) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
3. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(a) Inciting violence.
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Teasing him about Juliet.
(b) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(c) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(d) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
2. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
5. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)