|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) His parents oppose the match.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) The girl he loves does not love him.
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Joy and delight.
(b) Madness and imprisonment.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Illness and a cure.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
3. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
5. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)