|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Apologize to Capulet.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
3. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Capulet and Montague.
(c) Abram and Balthasar, of the Montagues.
(d) Prince Escalus.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Prince Escalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
5. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)