|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Ignorance and illiteracy.
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
3. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo can read.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
5. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(d) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)