|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(c) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(d) Apologize to Capulet.
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They are not of the house of Montague.
(b) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(c) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of love.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(b) Go home without Romeo.
(c) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(d) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)