|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At his wedding to Juliet.
(b) At the Prince's party that evening.
(c) At Capulet's party that evening.
(d) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
2. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(b) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(c) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(d) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) Juliet's dowry.
(d) Juliet's consent.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)