|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(c) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Forget Rosaline.
(c) Leave Rosaline.
(d) Propose to Rosaline.
3. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
(b) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(c) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(d) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(b) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(c) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
(d) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Capulet's party that evening.
(b) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(c) At his wedding to Juliet.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)