|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) He has no intention of getting married.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave his friends and go home.
(b) Go home with his friends.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(d) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
3. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Forget Rosaline.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Propose to Rosaline.
(d) Pursue Juliet.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
5. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)