|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(c) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(d) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too tender.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too heavy.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
4. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)