|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(b) Call for Romeo.
(c) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(d) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(c) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
4. Why is Romeo down as the men travel to the Capulet party?
(a) Romeo is upset that Juliet is a Capulet.
(b) Romeo is angry that his friends are teasing him.
(c) Romeo is still upset over Rosaline.
(d) Romeo feels guilty for crashing the Capulet party.
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)