|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Return to the Capulet's house to find Rosaline.
(b) Leave his friends and go home.
(c) Return to the Capulet's house to find Juliet.
(d) Go home with his friends.
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) With their lives.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) A hefty fine.
3. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Prince Escalus.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(b) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(b) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(c) They can sneak in without being caught.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
3. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
4. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
5. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)