|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
(a) A pun.
(b) A simile.
(d) An allegory.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(c) Juliet's age.
(d) Paris' social position.
3. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Directions to Capulet's house.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) If Romeo can read.
(d) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
4. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)