|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Call for Romeo.
(b) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(c) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
(d) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's consent.
(b) The Prince's permission.
(c) Juliet's dowry.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) His parents oppose the match.
(c) The girl he loves does not love him.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They are not of the house of Montague.
(b) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They can sneak in without being caught.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
3. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
4. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
5. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)