|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
(a) Threatening to reveal his presence to Tybalt.
(b) Listing Juliet's virtues.
(c) Listing Rosaline's virtues.
(d) Teasing him about Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)