|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Joy and delight.
(b) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(c) Madness and imprisonment.
(d) Illness and a cure.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) The girl he loves does not love him.
(b) His parents oppose the match.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. At the beginning of the play, Montague and Lady Montague are concerned about Romeo because _________.
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)