|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to compete with Paris.
(b) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
2. Romeo's last speech during Act 1, Scene 4 reveals what?
(a) He fears something bad will happen as a result of the night's activities.
(b) He fears he will never find his future wife if they do not get to the party soon.
(c) He fears he will never earn Rosaline's love.
(d) He fears Mercutio will come to an unfortunate end.
3. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(b) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(c) If Romeo can read.
(d) Directions to Capulet's house.
4. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He has no intention of getting married.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(d) His parents oppose the match.
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)