|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
(a) Two battles between families.
(b) Six battles between families.
(c) Four battles between families.
(d) Three battles between families.
3. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) With their lives.
(b) For all the damage done.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) A hefty fine.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(b) Cupid is the god of war.
(c) Cupid is the god of love.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
3. The girl Romeo loves "has Dian's wit," which means _______.
4. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)