|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) For all the damage done.
(b) A hefty fine.
(c) With their lives.
(d) In heavy prison sentences.
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He wishes to marry her the next day.
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of beauty.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
5. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(b) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(c) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(d) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)