|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too rough.
(b) Too gentle.
(c) Too tender.
(d) Too heavy.
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(b) At the Prince's party that evening.
(c) At Capulet's party that evening.
(d) At his wedding to Juliet.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Illness and a cure.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
5. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sampson and Gregory first encounter in the city square in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)