|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Leave Rosaline.
(b) Propose to Rosaline.
(c) Pursue Juliet.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Madness and imprisonment.
(c) Illness and a cure.
(d) Joy and delight.
4. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
(b) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(c) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(d) He is still pining for Rosaline.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(b) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(c) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(d) Go home without Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)