|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(b) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) The Prince's permission.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) Lady Capulet's permission.
(d) Juliet's dowry.
4. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Prince Escalus.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(c) He will have to compete with Paris.
(d) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
2. Who advises Romeo to "beat love down"?
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
4. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
5. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)