|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, Benvolio asks Mercutio to do what?
(a) Follow Romeo into the Capulet's orchard.
(b) Go back to the party to find Romeo.
(c) Call for Romeo.
(d) Mock Romeo to force him to come out of hiding.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, Romeo describes love as ________.
(a) Too gentle.
(b) Too heavy.
(c) Too rough.
(d) Too tender.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
5. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
(a) A hefty fine.
(b) For all the damage done.
(c) In heavy prison sentences.
(d) With their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
2. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)