|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) He has no intention of getting married.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) The girl he loves does not love him.
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's consent.
(b) The Prince's permission.
(c) Juliet's dowry.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
5. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Directions to Capulet's house.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(d) If Romeo can read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
3. Where are Romeo and his friends going during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)