|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
(a) Go to Friar Lawrence's cell to ask his advice.
(b) Go back to the party to find Tybalt.
(c) Follow Romeo to see what he is doing.
(d) Go home without Romeo.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(d) Inciting violence.
4. In lines 186-196, Romeo compares love to all of the following EXCEPT what?
(a) A sea nourished with tears.
(b) A smoke made with the fume of sighs.
(c) A clenching pain in the heart.
(d) A preserving sweet.
5. Benvolio warns Mercutio that taunting Romeo will ________.
(a) Anger him.
(b) Cause him to come out from hiding.
(c) Make him cry.
(d) Only make him hide longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
2. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
3. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)