|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montague ask for an account of the brawl in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Prince Escalus.
2. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
(a) Pursue Juliet.
(b) Leave Rosaline.
(c) Propose to Rosaline.
(d) Forget Rosaline.
3. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) The girl he loves does not love him.
(b) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(d) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) The feud between the families.
(b) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(c) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
2. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
4. In lines 11 and 12, Romeo says, "Give me a torch, I am not for this ambling./Being but heavy, I will bear the light." This is an example of what?
5. Mercutio attempts to "conjure" Romeo by in Act 2, Scene 1 by doing what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)