|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Tybalt accuses Benvolio of what?
(c) Inciting violence.
2. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
3. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Paris' social position.
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Lady Capulet's permission.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's dowry.
5. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(c) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(d) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. The Prince reveals that there have already been ____________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)