|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
(b) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(c) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
2. Benvolio and Mercutio believe Romeo is hiding in Act 2, Scene 1 because __________________.
(a) He knows they will tease him about Juliet.
(b) He is afraid of Tybalt.
(c) He is still pining for Rosaline.
(d) He is ashamed of his behavior with Juliet.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of war.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(b) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(c) He will have to compete with Paris.
(d) He will gain her money with the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
2. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what do Benvolio and Mercutio decide to do>
4. Prince Escalus declares that the next time the families disturb the peace, they will pay ________.
5. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)