Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he is in love as the play opens, but is unhappy because ______________.
(a) He is already engaged to Juliet.
(b) The girl he loves does not love him.
(c) His parents oppose the match.
(d) He has no intention of getting married.
2. Romeo alludes to Cupid because ____________.
(a) Cupid is the god of heartbreak.
(b) Cupid is the god of love.
(c) Cupid is the god of war.
(d) Cupid is the god of beauty.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(b) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(c) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(d) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
3. Who tries to discourage the battle in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Romeo decide to do at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In the play's first scene, Benvolio advises Romeo to _________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)