|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(d) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
2. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(b) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(c) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(d) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(b) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(c) Marry Rosaline.
(d) Bribe the guards to let him in.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(b) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(c) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(d) Leave for Mantua immediately.
5. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to confession.
(b) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(c) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
(d) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)