|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(b) Stay away from Tybalt.
(c) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(d) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Paris' social position.
(c) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(d) Juliet's age.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will have to compete with Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
3. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)