|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
(a) He cannot remember his name.
(b) His name is hard to pronounce in Italian.
(c) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and he is afraid to identify himself at her home.
(d) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and therefore hateful to him.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(b) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(c) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(d) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(b) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
(c) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(d) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
4. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Romeo to arrive.
(d) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)