|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Lady Capulet's permission.
(b) Juliet's dowry.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
(d) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
4. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(c) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
5. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(d) He will have to compete with Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
2. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
3. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
5. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)