|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(b) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(c) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
3. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
(a) Tells Juliet, who refuses to speak to Romeo.
(b) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to ignore Romeo.
(c) Tells Mercution, who advises Romeo to leave.
(d) Tells Capulet, who advises Tybalt to challenge Romeo.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(b) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
2. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)