|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(b) Illness and a cure.
(c) Joy and delight.
(d) Madness and imprisonment.
2. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
3. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Stay away from Tybalt.
(d) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
(b) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(c) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(d) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Romeo to arrive.
(b) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
4. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)