|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Romeo to arrive.
2. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(b) The moon is constantly changing.
(c) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
(d) The moon is symbolically evil.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Illness and a cure.
(d) Ignorance and illiteracy.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(d) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A child who has a new mansion.
(b) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(c) A starry night.
(d) A sober-suited matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
3. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
4. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
5. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)