|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
(a) She thinks comparisons to the moon are corny.
(b) The moon is symbolically evil.
(c) The moon is constantly changing.
(d) She cannot see the moon on cloudy nights.
2. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
(a) Romeo's discouragement over Rosaline.
(b) The upcoming party at Capulet's house.
(c) The feud between the families.
(d) The Prince's declaration about the feud.
4. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(b) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(c) Marry Rosaline.
(d) Bribe the guards to let him in.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
3. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
5. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)