|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Apologize to Capulet.
(b) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
(c) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(d) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
2. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(b) She will say she is going to confession.
(c) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
(d) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
(a) She suggests she will go to her room and kill herself out of grief for Romeo.
(b) She suggests she is already angry with her parents.
(c) She says she will go find Romeo and give him a message.
(d) She says she will be too busy making arrangements for her wedding night.
4. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) He is her husband.
(b) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(c) She does not believe the nurse.
(d) He would be angry if he found out.
5. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Romeo to arrive.
(c) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
2. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)