|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to gain her father's approval.
(b) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(c) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(d) He will have to compete with Paris.
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(b) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(c) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(d) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(b) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(c) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(d) He wishes to marry her the next day.
4. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She does not believe the nurse.
(b) He would be angry if he found out.
(c) He is her husband.
(d) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A child who has a new mansion.
(c) A starry night.
(d) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
3. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)