|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will have to compete with Paris.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(d) He will have to gain her father's approval.
2. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She does not believe the nurse.
(b) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(c) He is her husband.
(d) He would be angry if he found out.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(b) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(c) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(d) Meet Juliet in the city square.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A sober-suited matron.
(b) A starry night.
(c) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(d) A child who has a new mansion.
5. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
(a) Because Juliet's love is unhealthy.
(b) Because Juliet is deceitful and may kill him.
(c) Because the risk of loving Juliet puts him in danger.
(d) Because Romeo cannot fight a female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
3. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)