|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
(a) Marry Rosaline.
(b) Climb into Juliet's room using a rope.
(c) Answer Tybalt's challenge.
(d) Bribe the guards to let him in.
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
(a) A starry night.
(b) A child who has new robes but cannot wear them yet.
(c) A child who has a new mansion.
(d) A sober-suited matron.
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Proves he is an honorable man.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Directions to Capulet's house.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) If Romeo can read.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo compares his thwarted love for Rosaline to ______________.
(a) Madness and imprisonment.
(b) Joy and delight.
(c) Ignorance and illiteracy.
(d) Illness and a cure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
5. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)