|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She has only bad news.
(b) She could not find Romeo.
(c) She is too hungry to talk.
(d) She is too tired to talk.
2. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(b) She will say she is going to confession.
(c) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
(d) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
3. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He wishes to marry her the next day.
(b) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(c) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(d) He is already involved with Rosaline.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(b) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(c) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(d) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)