|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
(a) Pick a fight with Tybalt.
(b) Apologize to Capulet.
(c) Compare Rosaline to other beauties.
(d) Challenge Paris' courtship of Juliet.
2. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(b) Stay away from Tybalt.
(c) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(d) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
3. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She does not believe the nurse.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(d) He would be angry if he found out.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(b) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(c) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(d) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
3. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
4. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)