|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Simple or foolish.
(b) Too hasty.
(c) Wise beyond her years.
(d) Upsetting to her parents.
2. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Juliet's consent.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Lady Capulet's permission.
3. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
(a) At Friar Lawrence's cell.
(b) At his wedding to Juliet.
(c) At Capulet's party that evening.
(d) At the Prince's party that evening.
4. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They are not of the house of Montague.
5. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
(b) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(c) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(d) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
3. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)