|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(c) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(b) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(c) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(d) Leave for Mantua immediately.
4. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
(a) He is a Montague, and therefore an enemy to her.
(b) He is already involved with Rosaline.
(c) He was only at the party to anger Tybalt.
(d) He wishes to marry her the next day.
5. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
4. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
5. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)