|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
(b) They can sneak in without being caught.
(c) They are not of the house of Montague.
(d) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
2. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) A metaphor.
(b) A simile.
(c) An allusion.
(d) An oxymoron.
3. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
4. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
(a) Ask a servant who Juliet is.
(b) Ask Tybalt who Juliet is.
(c) Ask a servant where Tybalt is.
(d) Ask Capulet for permission to dance with Juliet.
5. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
3. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
4. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse shares Romeo's plan to do what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)