|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet will not speak badly about Romeo even after he kills Tybalt because _________________.
(a) She knows Tybalt probably instigated the violence.
(b) She does not believe the nurse.
(c) He would be angry if he found out.
(d) He is her husband.
2. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
(b) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(c) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(d) Leave for Mantua immediately.
4. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) An oxymoron.
(b) An allusion.
(c) A simile.
(d) A metaphor.
5. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) The sun.
(b) An Ethiopian princess.
(c) The goddess Diana.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
3. Which friend of Romeo's is on Capulet's list of invited guests?
4. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
5. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)