|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Too hasty.
(b) Upsetting to her parents.
(c) Simple or foolish.
(d) Wise beyond her years.
2. Romeo claims he does not know what name he should identify himself by because _______________.
(a) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and therefore hateful to him.
(b) His name is hard to pronounce in Italian.
(c) His name is an enemy to Juliet, and he is afraid to identify himself at her home.
(d) He cannot remember his name.
3. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
(a) Romeo will be attending the Capulet's party.
(b) Juliet will be attending the Capulet's party.
(c) Paris will be attending the Capulet's party.
(d) Rosaline will be attending the Capulet's party.
4. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' social position.
(b) Juliet's age.
(c) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(d) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) A metaphor.
(b) An oxymoron.
(c) A simile.
(d) An allusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet first believes that who is dead in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
4. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
5. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)