|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Advice about delivering the invitations.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) Directions to Capulet's house.
(d) If Romeo can read.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
(c) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(d) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
3. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For Romeo to arrive.
(c) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
4. In Romeo's opening speech in Act 2, Scene 2, he refers to Juliet as __________.
(a) An Ethiopian princess.
(b) The goddess Diana.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
(a) Paris' connection to the Montagues.
(b) Juliet's disdain for marriage.
(c) Paris' social position.
(d) Juliet's age.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tybalt discovers Romeo's presence at the Capulet party, he does what?
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
3. Why does Juliet refuse to go to her grieving parents?
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Juliet tells Romeo not to swear his love by the moon?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)