|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
2. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Means he must have been lying to her.
(b) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(c) Does not make him her enemy.
(d) Proves he is an honorable man.
3. Capulet allows that his consent is one part of the courtship agreement, but the other part is ___________.
(a) Juliet's dowry.
(b) Lady Capulet's permission.
(c) The Prince's permission.
(d) Juliet's consent.
4. What is Juliet waiting for at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) For Mercutio to arrive with news of Romeo.
(b) For the nurse to arrive with news of Romeo.
(c) For Peter to arrive with news of Romeo.
(d) For Romeo to arrive.
5. Juliet calls Romeo "beautiful tyrant" and "fiend angelical," which are examples of ____________.
(a) An allusion.
(b) A simile.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) An oxymoron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there more "peril" in Juliet's eye than in her kinsmen's swords?
2. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
3. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
4. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, Capulet and Paris discuss _________.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)