|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
2. At the Capulet party, Romeo takes Juliet's hand, then offers to do what?
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Kiss her on the lips to distract her from his touch.
(c) Ask her to dance to excuse his forwardness.
(d) Kiss her hand to make up for his rough touch.
3. What will be Juliet's excuse for leaving the house to go to church that afternoon?
(a) She will say she is going to meet Paris.
(b) She will say she is going to meet Tybalt.
(c) She will say she is going to marry Romeo.
(d) She will say she is going to confession.
4. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Directions to Capulet's house.
(b) If Romeo can read.
(c) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
5. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He cannot understand Italian, and does not get Capulet's instructions.
(b) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and asks a Montague's help.
(c) He cannot speak, but has been instructed to invite guests to the party.
(d) He cannot read the list of invited guests, and therefore invites no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
2. When will Paris will get his first chance to woo Juliet?
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
4. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)