|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the Act 2, Scene 2, Romeo promises to ___________.
(a) Ask her father for her hand in marriage.
(b) Meet Juliet at the friar's cell.
(c) Send word to Juliet about his intentions.
(d) Stay away from Tybalt.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
(a) Attend the party to anger the Capulets.
(b) Attend the party to meet Juliet.
(c) Attend the party to admire Rosaline.
(d) Attend the party to make his parents happy.
3. Juliet's soliloquy in Act 2, Scene 2 suggests Romeo's name alone ___________.
(a) Does not make him a worthwhile catch.
(b) Means he must have been lying to her.
(c) Proves he is an honorable man.
(d) Does not make him her enemy.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse says that Juliet's choice in Romeo is ___________.
(a) Simple or foolish.
(b) Wise beyond her years.
(c) Upsetting to her parents.
(d) Too hasty.
5. What does Juliet asks the nurse to give Romeo in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An apology.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A refusal to his marriage proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first action Romeo takes at the Capulet party is to do what?
2. Throughout their first meeting, what do Romeo and Juliet compare themselves to?
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
4. Benvolio suggests Romeo attend the Capulet party in order to ______________.
5. What irony faces Capulet's servant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)