|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Capulet servant approaches Romeo in Act 1, Scene 2 to ask him what?
(a) Directions to Capulet's house.
(b) If Romeo would like to attend the party.
(c) If Romeo can read.
(d) Advice about delivering the invitations.
2. The Capulet servant tells Romeo and Benvolio they may attend the party if ___________________.
(a) They can sneak in without being caught.
(b) They are not of the house of Montague.
(c) They arrive early and hide from Capulet.
(d) They agree to deliver the invitations for him.
3. What does the nurse say about the man who is lucky enough to marry Juliet?
(a) He will gain her money with the marriage.
(b) He will have to fight Tybalt first.
(c) He will have to compete with Paris.
(d) He will have to gain her father's approval.
4. When the nurse finally arrives at Juliet's room in Act 2, Scene 5, she claims ___________.
(a) She is too hungry to talk.
(b) She is too tired to talk.
(c) She could not find Romeo.
(d) She has only bad news.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 5, the nurse finally reveals that Romeo will __________________.
(a) Leave for Mantua immediately.
(b) Meet Juliet in the city square.
(c) Marry Juliet at the friar's cell that afternoon.
(d) Ask Capulet for Juliet's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Romeo agrees to do what?
2. What does Juliet discover about Romeo through the nurse at the end of Act 1?
3. Capulet's initial objection to Paris courting his daughter is due to what?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, Juliet compares her impatience to see Romeo to what?
5. After reviewing the Capulet servant's list, Benvolio discovers that _________________.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)