|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) Their social classes.
(c) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(b) They do not really know each other.
(c) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(d) They cannot reveal it legally.
3. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She has true love.
(b) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(c) Her father is wealthy.
(d) She will have a large inheritance.
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(b) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(c) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(d) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
5. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(b) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
(d) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
2. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
3. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
4. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
5. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)