|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(b) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
(c) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(d) Do his worst.
2. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They promise him to behave.
(b) They talk to their parents.
(c) They are married.
(d) They make confession.
3. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Gunpowder and bullets.
(c) Swords and guns.
(d) Fire and gunpowder.
4. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
(d) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
5. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Talking back to them.
(d) Her disobedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
2. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
3. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
4. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)