|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love moderately.
(b) Love violently.
(c) Love calmly.
(d) Love passionately.
2. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Her pride.
(b) Marrying Romeo.
(c) Talking back to them.
(d) Her disobedience.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(d) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) Their social classes.
(b) The violence and hatred between their families.
(c) The distance between their homes.
(d) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it legally.
(b) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(c) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(d) They do not really know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
4. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
5. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)