|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Swords and guns.
(b) Fire and gunpowder.
(c) Gunpowder and bullets.
(d) Fire and water.
2. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(b) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
3. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She has true love.
(b) She will have a large inheritance.
(c) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(d) Her father is wealthy.
4. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(b) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(c) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(d) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
5. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love calmly.
(b) Love passionately.
(c) Love moderately.
(d) Love violently.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
2. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
3. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
4. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)