|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love violently.
(b) Love moderately.
(c) Love passionately.
(d) Love calmly.
2. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(b) Encouraged him modestly.
(c) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(d) Declared her love for him openly.
3. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(b) Support from friends.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He did not see her at the party.
(c) He is now in love with Juliet.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
5. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(b) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
2. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
3. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
4. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
5. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)