|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(b) They do not really know each other.
(c) They cannot reveal it legally.
(d) They cannot reveal it to either family.
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(b) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(c) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(d) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
3. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(b) Declared her love for him openly.
(c) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(d) Encouraged him modestly.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(c) He is now in love with Juliet.
(d) He did not see her at the party.
5. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her disobedience.
(c) Marrying Romeo.
(d) Talking back to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
2. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
3. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
4. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
5. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)