|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Marrying Romeo.
(b) Her disobedience.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Talking back to them.
2. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(b) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(c) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(d) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
4. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Encouraged him modestly.
(b) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(c) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(d) Declared her love for him openly.
5. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(b) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(c) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(d) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
3. Romeo dares death to ________________.
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)