|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(b) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(c) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(d) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
2. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They are married.
(b) They promise him to behave.
(c) They talk to their parents.
(d) They make confession.
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
5. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Told him to postpone the wedding.
(b) Encouraged him modestly.
(c) Declared her love for him openly.
(d) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)