|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) Their social classes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) The distance between their homes.
(d) The violence and hatred between their families.
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(d) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(b) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(c) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(d) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
4. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(d) Support from friends.
5. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(b) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(c) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(d) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
2. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
4. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
5. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)