|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(b) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
2. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(b) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(c) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(d) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
3. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(b) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(c) They do not really know each other.
(d) They cannot reveal it legally.
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The violence and hatred between their families.
(b) Their social classes.
(c) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(d) The distance between their homes.
5. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(b) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(c) Do his worst.
(d) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
2. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
3. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
4. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
5. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)