|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
(a) They are married.
(b) They make confession.
(c) They talk to their parents.
(d) They promise him to behave.
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(b) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(c) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(d) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
3. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
(a) Talking back to them.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her disobedience.
(d) Marrying Romeo.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now bitter about love.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He did not see her at the party.
5. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(b) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(c) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(d) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
2. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
5. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)