|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Fire and gunpowder.
(b) Swords and guns.
(c) Gunpowder and bullets.
(d) Fire and water.
2. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(b) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(c) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(d) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(b) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love violently.
(b) Love moderately.
(c) Love calmly.
(d) Love passionately.
5. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now in love with Juliet.
(b) He is now bitter about love.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He did not see her at the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
2. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
5. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)