|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(b) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) Their social classes.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) The violence and hatred between their families.
(d) The distance between their homes.
3. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
(a) Apologized for her earlier behavior.
(b) Encouraged him modestly.
(c) Declared her love for him openly.
(d) Told him to postpone the wedding.
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love passionately.
(b) Love violently.
(c) Love moderately.
(d) Love calmly.
5. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(b) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(c) Invites the friar to the wedding.
(d) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
3. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
4. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
5. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)