|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(b) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
(c) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(d) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
2. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The violence and hatred between their families.
(b) Their social classes.
(c) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(d) The distance between their homes.
3. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
4. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(c) Support from friends.
5. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(b) She has true love.
(c) She will have a large inheritance.
(d) Her father is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
2. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
3. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)