|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(b) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(c) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(d) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
2. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love calmly.
(b) Love passionately.
(c) Love violently.
(d) Love moderately.
3. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Swords and guns.
(b) Gunpowder and bullets.
(c) Fire and gunpowder.
(d) Fire and water.
4. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The violence and hatred between their families.
(b) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(c) Their social classes.
(d) The distance between their homes.
5. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He did not see her at the party.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He is now bitter about love.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
2. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
3. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)