|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(b) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
(c) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(d) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(b) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(c) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
(d) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love violently.
(b) Love moderately.
(c) Love calmly.
(d) Love passionately.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He did not see her at the party.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He is now bitter about love.
(d) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
5. Romeo dares death to ________________.
(a) Do his worst.
(b) Come and take him now while he is in church.
(c) Do what he dare if Romeo is allowed to marry Juliet.
(d) Claim him before Tybalt can get to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
3. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
4. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)