|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(b) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(c) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
(d) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
2. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She will have a large inheritance.
(b) She has true love.
(c) Her father is wealthy.
(d) Romeo's family is wealthy.
3. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now in love with Juliet.
(b) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(c) He did not see her at the party.
(d) He is now bitter about love.
4. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(b) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(c) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(d) Invites the friar to the wedding.
5. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(a) Support from friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
2. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
4. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
5. Romeo dares death to ________________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)