|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it legally.
(b) They do not really know each other.
(c) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(d) They cannot reveal it to either family.
2. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(b) Support from friends.
3. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Love calmly.
(b) Love passionately.
(c) Love moderately.
(d) Love violently.
4. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She will have a large inheritance.
(b) Her father is wealthy.
(c) She has true love.
(d) Romeo's family is wealthy.
5. Capulet is so thrilled with Juliet's behavior in Act 4, Scene 2 that he __________________.
(a) Postpones the wedding as Juliet asked.
(b) Tells Paris he can see Juliet that same evening.
(c) Moves the wedding up to the following day.
(d) Invites the friar to the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
2. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
3. Romeo dares death to ________________.
4. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
5. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)