|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(c) Support from friends.
2. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will learn to love each other.
(b) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(d) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
3. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(b) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(c) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(d) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
4. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He is now in love with Juliet.
(b) He is now bitter about love.
(c) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(d) He did not see her at the party.
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(b) They cannot reveal it legally.
(c) They do not really know each other.
(d) They cannot reveal it to either family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
2. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
3. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
4. Romeo dares death to ________________.
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)