|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
(a) They cannot reveal it to either family.
(b) They cannot reveal it legally.
(c) They have to hide their love from Rosaline.
(d) They do not really know each other.
2. Why is Romeo no longer interested in Rosaline in Act 2?
(a) He forgot about her when Benvolio advised him to.
(b) He is now in love with Juliet.
(c) He did not see her at the party.
(d) He is now bitter about love.
3. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
(a) Mercutio's new interest in Rosaline.
(b) Romeo's renewed interested in Rosaline.
(c) Romeo and Juliet's new love for each other.
(d) Tybalt's new admiration for Romeo.
4. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(b) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(c) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
(d) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
5. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
(a) The lovers will overcome their families and be happy.
(b) The lovers will still have a chance to meet and be together.
(c) The lovers will still have a chance to tell their families about their love.
(d) The lovers will learn to love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
2. The friar will not let Romeo and Juliet stay alone together until what?
3. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
5. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)