|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She will have a large inheritance.
(b) Her father is wealthy.
(c) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(d) She has true love.
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet hopes the friar was able to do what?
(a) Influence Juliet to become a nun.
(b) Warn Juliet that she will be disowned by her parents.
(c) Give Juliet a potion to help her sleep.
(d) Influence Juliet to marry Paris.
3. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Swords and guns.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Gunpowder and bullets.
(d) Fire and gunpowder.
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, Capulet plans to do what?
(a) Stay up to watch over Juliet.
(b) Visit Paris and tell him the wedding is off.
(c) Stay up and plan for the wedding the next day.
(d) Visit the friar to thank him for helping Juliet.
5. What "extremities" do Romeo and Juliet overcome in their love for one another?
(a) The distance between their homes.
(b) The violence and hatred between their families.
(c) The competition between families for the Prince's favor.
(d) Their social classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
2. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
3. In Act 4, Scnee 2, Juliet apologizes to her parents for ________________.
4. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
5. Why must Romeo and Juliet must "steal" their love?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)