|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prologue of Act 2, what lends the couple power?
(a) Support from friends.
2. After Act 4, Scene 2, Juliet asks the nurse to do what?
(a) Help her choose what she will wear to the wedding.
(b) Help her take the potion and hide the evidence.
(c) Pretend to go along with the wedding.
(d) Leave her alone to make her own decisions.
3. in Act 2, Scene 6, the friar prays that the heavens will do what?
(a) Smile upon Romeo and Juliet's marriage.
(b) Prepare Romeo and Juliet for hardship.
(c) Conceal the marriage from Juliet's parents.
(d) Prevent the marriage if it is not meant to be.
4. The friar compares too-passionate love to what?
(a) Fire and gunpowder.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Swords and guns.
(d) Gunpowder and bullets.
5. Juliet considers herself wealthy in Act 2, Scene 6 because __________.
(a) She has true love.
(b) She will have a large inheritance.
(c) Romeo's family is wealthy.
(d) Her father is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prologue of Act 2 reveals that despite difficulty, __________________.
2. Romeo dares death to ________________.
3. What young affection does the prologue of Act 2 refer to?
4. What advice does the friar give Romeo about love at the start of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Juliet claims she met Paris at the friar's cell and ____________.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)