Act 1, Prologue
* In Verona, Italy, two prominent families are feuding.
* Romeo and Juliet, from opposing families, meet and fall in love.
* Their love is destined for catastrophe because of the ongoing feud.
* However, the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet's deaths finally brings and end to the "strife" between the families.
Act 1, Scene 1
* Samson and Gregory, two servants of the Capulet family, walk through Verona's streets talking about the feud with the Montagues.
* Shortly, they encounter Abram, a servant of the Montagues, and provoke him into a fight.
* Soon others join in and the fight, notably Tybalt, Juliet's cousin, whose temper is renowned.
* Tybalt challenges Romeo's cousin Benvolio, who has not been fighting, and Benvolio attempts to keep peace between the families.
* Tybalt's anger will not be assuaged, and soon many others, including Benvolio, are drawn into the fight.
* Both Capulet and Montague, heads of their respective families, come...
This section contains 2,226 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)