|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the trained theologian who helps Scott with his struggles?
(a) The priest, Monsignor Bruskewitz.
(b) The priest, Monsignor Dumbrowski.
(c) The theologian, Dr. Gerstner.
(d) The Pope, John Paul II.
2. What is Vatican II?
(a) It is the twenty-first Ecumenical Council of the Catholic Church.
(b) It is a meeting held by the Pope annually.
(c) It is a gathering of Catholic leaders.
(d) It is literature about a reformed Catholic Church.
3. What is Scott invited by the Roman Hierarchy to do?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Lead a worship service.
(c) Lead a three-day session at the Vatican on anti-pornography issues.
(d) Baptize others.
4. What does Scott answer on this recording?
(a) Various objections to Catholicism.
(b) Various objections to Christianity.
(c) Various confusions about Catholicism.
(d) Various worries about Christianity.
5. About what do the Hahns encourage Catholics to read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Vatican II.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The New Testament.
6. Who does Scott begin encountering?
(a) Weak anti-Catholic fundamentalists.
(b) Tough anti-Protestant fundamentalists.
(c) Weak anti-Protestant fundamentalists.
(d) Tough anti-Catholic fundamentalists.
7. How does Kimberly feel about becoming a Catholic?
8. Kimberly discusses how God "allowed us special suffering" through what?
(a) The birth of her children.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her husband's conversion.
(d) Two miscarriages in 1989.
9. What else do the Hahns encourage Bible Christians to seek?
(a) New hymns.
(c) The liturgy.
(d) A Catholic priest.
10. With what doctrine does Kimberly struggle?
(a) The Eucharist.
(b) The baptism.
(c) The sacraments.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
11. What does Scott begin to see as true and beautiful about the Catholic Church?
(a) Its artwork.
(b) Its prayers.
(c) Its teachings on the family and society.
(d) Its poetry.
12. Who continues to encourage him to beef up on romance with Kimberly and back off on doctrine?
(c) Dr. Gerstner.
13. Who is Kimberly's patron saint?
(a) Saint Lucy.
(b) Saint Ann.
(c) Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
(d) Saint Elizabeth.
14. What else do the Hahns encourage Catholics to do?
(a) Find new religious documents.
(b) Find Catholic doctrines in Scripture.
(c) Give women the ability to be priests.
(d) Read Scripture.
15. Scott feels as if God is telling him what?
(a) Nothing is better than this.
(b) This is the best.
(c) The best has come.
(d) The best is yet to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Scott?
2. What does Scott miraculously come to possess for a small amount of money?
3. Who encourages the Hahns to get involved in this activism?
4. With what is Scott falling in love?
5. What do the Hahns encourage Protestants to do?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)