|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Scott want desperately to partake?
(b) The Eucharist.
(d) The Latin Mass.
2. What does Scott begin to see as true and beautiful about the Catholic Church?
(a) Its artwork.
(b) Its poetry.
(c) Its teachings on the family and society.
(d) Its prayers.
3. Who does Scott continue to encourage?
(a) Catholics who have abandoned their faith.
(b) Those who are non-believers.
(c) Non-Catholics who are converting.
(d) Catholics who are converting to Protestantism.
4. What is considered scripture?
(a) The Catholic Bible.
(b) The body of literature deemed authoritative for establishing doctrine within any of a number of specific religious traditions.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The New Testament.
5. Kimberly and Scott minister where?
(a) Across the country and the world.
(b) In many large cities.
(c) In their hometown.
(d) In Chicago.
6. Where does Scott still accompany his family?
(a) To holiday services.
(b) To public events.
(c) To their Presbyterian Church.
(d) To Mass.
7. Who encourages the Hahns to get involved in this activism?
(a) Their friend Dr. Gerstner.
(b) Their friend Jack.
(c) Their friend Monica.
(d) Their friend Gerry.
8. What do Scott and Kimberly cease having?
(a) Time spent together.
(b) Any discussions.
(d) Interesting theological discussions.
9. Why do the Hahns encourage Protestants to do this?
(a) Because the Catholic Church is not important.
(b) Because the Catholic Church needs support.
(c) Because it is Christ's body.
(d) Because the Catholic Church is kind to others.
10. What do the Hahns enjoy regularly?
(a) Family visits.
11. Describe the Hahns' life at this point.
(a) More full of joy than ever.
(c) Best it has been in a long time.
(d) Very good.
12. What surprises Scott?
(a) How many Catholics speak up for the Church.
(b) How few Catholics actually attend mass.
(c) How few Catholics speak up for the Church.
(d) How many Catholics come to holiday masses.
13. Who knows their Scripture?
(a) Many Presbyterians.
(b) Many non-Catholics.
(c) Many Jews.
(d) Many Catholics.
14. Why is Scott scared?
(a) He is not sure what God wants him to do.
(b) He is unsure about being a Catholic.
(c) He does not want to upset his wife.
(d) He promised his wife he would not become Catholic until 1990.
15. What does Scott discuss regarding his father?
(a) His ministries.
(b) His death.
(c) His faith.
(d) His conversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Scott speaks to Kimberly about conversion?
2. How does Scott feel about explaining Catholic doctrine to his fellow parishioners?
3. Why does Kimberly decide to think about conversion?
4. What is liturgy?
5. When does Scott convert and receive the sacraments for the first time?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)