|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scott meet his first year of high school who brings him into Young Life, a Christian Youth group?
2. Whose infallibility does Scott defend?
(a) The Pope's.
(b) Martin Luther's.
(c) His own.
(d) His wife's.
3. With whom does Kimberly work?
(a) Many people in the Catholic Church.
(b) Many people in the Presbyterian church.
(c) Many researchers.
(d) Many people of many different religions.
4. How does Scott feel when he presses various experts he knows on these issues?
(a) He is dissatisfied with their answers.
(b) He is surprised by their answers.
(c) He feels as if he knows nothing.
(d) He is satisfied with their answers.
5. Why does Kimberly choose Grove City?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) It is close to home.
(c) Her father went there.
(d) To deepen her faith.
6. What degree does Kimberly decide to begin?
(a) MA in Business.
(b) MA in Education.
(c) MA in Theology.
(d) MA in Biology.
7. Scott spends four years at Grove City College studying what?
(a) Theology, business, and political science.
(b) Theology, philosophy and economics.
(c) Theology, economics, and business.
(d) Theology, philosophy, and business.
8. Scott tells Kimberly that he wants to convert. Until when does Kimberly ask him to wait?
9. Why does Kimberly reject the idea of marrying Scott?
(a) They do not know each other very well.
(b) They disagree too often and will not be able to get along.
(c) He is annoying.
(d) He is too demanding.
10. What is the Protestant theory of justification, or how one becomes saved?
(a) One was saved by being declared righteous by God through no merit of your own.
(b) One was saved by being Christ-like.
(c) One was saved by his or her actions.
(d) One was saved only if he or she did not break the Ten Commandments.
11. Why do Scott and Kimberly stop dating?
(a) He wants to date someone else.
(b) They do not get along.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) He does not have time to fall in love.
12. Is Scott's petition answered?
(a) Yes, several months later.
(b) Yes, one month later.
(d) Yes, right away.
13. How does this boy get Scott to come to Young Life?
(a) He threatens him.
(b) He uses Scott's crush on Kathy to bring him to church.
(c) He tells him there is food.
(d) He does his homework for him.
14. What is the central doctrine of Protestants?
(a) Sola scriptura.
(b) Sola fidelity.
(c) Sola fidore.
(d) Sola fide.
15. What do Scott and his friends think about tradition?
(a) It should never be abandoned.
(b) It may have to be abandoned from time to time.
(c) It is a waste.
(d) It is based on pagan traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his senior year what does Scott decide that he is going to do?
2. What does Scott begin to discover about Sola Fide?
3. What do Scott and his fellow seminarians not like about the Catholic tradition?
4. Scott is the youngest of three children and is baptized into what faith?
5. They are eventually engaged and are delighted to find that they both want what?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)