Chapter 1, From the Cradle to Christ
• Scott Hahn, one of the two main characters of the book, begins narrating.
• He starts with telling us his life story as a baptized liberal Presbyterian.
• As teenagers, he and his friend Dave are not very good kids.
• His first year of high school he meets a guy named Jack who brings him into Young Life.
• Scott decides to convert; he loses many of his friends as a result of his commitment.
• He begins to attend seminary classes in his senior year.
• Scott is inspired by the leaders of the Reformation, Martin Luther and John Calvin and develops strongly anti-Catholic views.
• It becomes his mission to correct and "liberate" Catholics raised in a "works-righteousness" faith.
• The central doctrine of Protestants--sola fide--or the doctrine that we are saved by faith alone apart from our moral works, is anathema to the Catholic Church but...
This section contains 2,107 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)