|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old blind man at the Bleating Lamb?
2. Rufus learns that ___________________ was the one who bought the Roscius estate at auction.
3. What is the most important piece of information that Felix and Chrestus tell Gordianus?
4. After finishing his conversations at the Bleating Lamb, Gordianus continues on to Ameria. He meets __________ on the road.
5. After the petition by Titus and fellow landowners, what became of Roscius (filius)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Carus a credible informant?
2. When Gordianus returns to Rome, he once again talks with Roscius (filius). What does he find out?
3. Carus remarks "And if Sextus Roscius (filius) was a terrible father to his daughters, what business was that of mine?" What does Gordianus make of that?
4. Who bought Roscius's property at auction?
5. How does Roscia's confession affect Tiro?
6. How do Gordianus and Cicero figure out who is leaking information about their investigation?
7. What does Gordianus find out about Roscia that impacts him greatly?
8. Chapters 16-26 are in a section called Portents. What does that signify?
9. Titus tells Gordianus that the locals were told that Roscius was on the proscription list and therefore his property would be sold at auction. Why does Gordianus find this odd?
10. At the Bleating Lamb, what are some of the pieces of information that Gordianus learns from the tavern owner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rufus and Tiro are both very young men, Rufus not even fully a man yet. What would you say these two young men represent?
Essay Topic 2
If Sextus Roscius really was guilty, what was the point of it all?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the various roles of women in Roman Blood, focusing on the characters of Bethesda, Caecelia, and Roscia in particular.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)