|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gordianus see the guard doing with blood?
2. How do Gordianus and Tiro finally exit Chrysogonus's house?
3. In Chapter 22, Tiro admits that_________________.
4. Who ended up buying Roscius's farm, according to the tavern keeper?
5. To whom was Roscia giving information about Cicero's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the Bleating Lamb, what are some of the pieces of information that Gordianus learns from the tavern owner?
2. On the second visit to Carus, what does Gordianus find out?
3. How does Gordianus convince Rufus to attend the party in honor of Sulla?
4. Did Roscius's name get restored and the land returned to his son? Explain.
5. What does Gordianus find out about Roscia that impacts him greatly?
6. After finding out all he could in Ameria, Gordianus is ready to return to Rome. What does he do first?
7. Do you think the old blind man at the tavern is wise? Or crazy?
8. How does Roscia's confession affect Tiro?
9. How do Gordianus and Cicero figure out who is leaking information about their investigation?
10. Titus Megarus confirms what suspicions of Gordianus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various roles of women in Roman Blood, focusing on the characters of Bethesda, Caecelia, and Roscia in particular.
Essay Topic 2
The first section of Roman Blood is called "High and Low." Discuss the significance of this phrase. In what ways does it apply to Roman society? And also to the murder mystery at hand? How does the author use the juxtaposition of the difference connotations of this phrase to add multiple layers to the book?
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the story of Crassus and his pursuit of property serve in this novel?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)